Author Topic: Authorities look at 'antigovernment' motive in Austin shootings  (Read 1044 times)

rangerrebew

Authorities look at 'antigovernment' motive in Austin shootings
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:17 pm »
Authorities look at 'antigovernment' motive in Austin shootings

November 28, 2014

Authorities are looking into political, and potentially “antigovernment,” motives behind the shootings early Friday at several government buildings in Austin, Texas.

Minutes before the shooter was killed, witnesses had seen him fire a “fusillade” at police headquarters, after shooting at the Mexican Consulate and the federal courthouse in the downtown area.

Sgt. Adam Johnson, a veteran of Austin’s mounted police patrol, encountered the gunman while he was putting horses back into the stable and quickly fired at the man. But police say they’re not sure whether the attacker was killed by Sergeant Johnson or by a self-inflicted wound.

The attack on government buildings, including the consulate, comes at a tense time in immigration politics in the United States, after President Obama took executive action to help an estimated 4 million to 5 million unauthorized immigrants work and otherwise function in the US without fear of deportation.

"Our political discourse has become very heated and sometimes very angry, and sometimes the rhetoric is not healthy," Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said at a press conference. “I would venture, based on my training and experience, that the political rhetoric might have fed into some of this."

"If you look at the targets, it doesn't take a genius (to suggest) that that is the potential," Chief Acevedo added.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has been warning for several years that mass attacks in the US are likely to be borne out by “lone wolf” actors.

Police were searching the man’s home Friday morning after clearing the downtown scene, which snarled traffic on Interstate 35 through downtown Austin after police closed it briefly. The investigation in the downtown area took awhile since police spotted cylinders they thought might be bombs.

The man did use several small propane cylinders to set a small fire at the Mexican Consulate, but the effort failed, police say.

The man, whose name has not been released by authorities, was white and around age 50 and had a criminal background, police say.

Johnson, who has been with the Austin force and its mounted patrol for 15 years, was put on administrative leave after the shooting, per department protocol. If Johnson’s bullet turns out to have been the decisive one, he would have done it while holding onto two horses with his other hand. That “would have been one heck of a shot,” Acevedo said.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2014/1128/Authorities-look-at-antigovernment-motive-in-Austin-shootings
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:55:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Authorities look at 'antigovernment' motive in Austin shootings
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:38:29 pm »
He has been identified as Larry Steven McQuilliams, 49.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2014/11/28/shooter-targets-downtown-austin-police-headquarters/19606665/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They even found a picture of him in what appears to be a tri-corner hat.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 10:48:22 pm »
Before the media is finished, he will be the leader of the Tea Party, chairman of the NRA, Greg Abbott's #1 adviser, and of course a racist.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 10:48:36 pm »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2014/11/28/shooter-targets-downtown-austin-police-headquarters/19606665/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This could be made up propaganda. The American media is becoming famous for simply making up facts that they want to be true.

And if this is true, we will be hearing about it for the next 20 years. That is, the Tea Party is just dangerous as the terrorists. It would be a Left wing wet-dream.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

This could be made up propaganda. The American media is becoming famous for simply making up facts that they want to be true.

And if this is true, we will be hearing about it for the next 20 years. That is, the Tea Party is just dangerous as the terrorists. It would be a Left wing wet-dream.

Just from statistical probability of nut cases, one of these shooters would have been. I'm surprised they haven't found an actual one yet- they just speculate every time it was one.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 11:00:33 pm »
Found his Facebook page before it is scrubbed. It is under Steve
https://www.facebook.com/steve.mcquilliams?fref=ts

The tri-corner hat seems to be from a renfest costume, not a Tea Party rally. He was a renfest performer.

Nothing overtly political on his page other than a pro-gun comment with the Dali Lama.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 11:01:49 pm »
He posted this image today, probably a few hours before the shooting. Seems cryptic. Seeing if I can find a meaning.

Updated, that is a hierophant tarot card. (high priest) http://one-vibration.com/group/discovertarot/forum/topics/witch-tarot-card-are-you

From the Dragon Tarot deck http://tarot.ucoz.ua/index/dragon_tarot/0-124
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:04:58 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 11:06:12 pm »
He also posted 2 days ago the status "xkute order 1616"

I can't find anything overt about the meaning.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 11:10:56 pm »
He also posted 2 days ago the status "xkute order 1616"

I can't find anything overt about the meaning.

Execute order 1616.

Good catch on the FB. I checked it out and is seems very plain vanilla. But yes, what he is wearing is a costume from some play, and is not a Tea Party issue. Not that it will matter to the American 'Pravda' style media we have today.

They will report what they want to be true, and not what is actually true.

Like more and more people are openly saying these days, we are going to have to wait for the foreign press (Canada, Britain, et al) to write about this to know what really happened.

The American "news" simply cannot be trusted. All they do is lie to support their far-Left worldview. The American press are no longer 'reporters', they have become advocates and activists and nothing they say can be taken seriously.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:14:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 04:06:50 am »
Talked to my dad tonight since he lives in that liberal cesspool know as Austin.

The media and lefties are just going nuts.  They think this is finally the issue they need to break the GOP in Texas along with passing "strict gun control."

As I predicted, he is being portrayed as a member of the Tea Party, right wing, gun nut, radical, and poster boy for the GOP.

Of course, this is just the usual liberal delusion, but expect them to run with it for a while because they have nothing else and Ferguson is wearing thin.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 05:12:03 am »

That's a Renfair getup.

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 10:20:03 pm »
I shouldn't suggest this, but I will.  Since he attacked the Federal Courthouse, the Mexican Consulate, and the police it might have something to do with illegal immigration.  I'm no rocket scientist, though, so its only a possibility. :whistle:

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:55 pm »
Interesting how this story just went away. Probably when it came out that not only was he a nut with little political motivation, but also he had zero ties to anything on the right. Can't find any political donations for him. His facebook is clear of political messages, and the closest thing I could find to religious messages was the aforementioned Tarot card.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »
Interesting how this story just went away. Probably when it came out that not only was he a nut with little political motivation, but also he had zero ties to anything on the right. Can't find any political donations for him. His facebook is clear of political messages, and the closest thing I could find to religious messages was the aforementioned Tarot card.

They're still trying to connect him to the "Christian identity movement" and some white supremacist group.  Our local news did a 5 minute story on him earlier in the week, complete with an interview with the biggest hate group out there, the Southern Poverty Law Center.