Author Topic: White House Thanksgiving; turkey, ham, 6 pies and more  (Read 723 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Thanksgiving; turkey, ham, 6 pies and more
« on: November 28, 2014, 01:35:06 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/27/white-house-thanksgiving-turkey-ham-6-pies-and-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Published November 27, 2014Associated Press

WASHINGTON –  President Obama is spending a quiet Thanksgiving at the White House where the belly-stuffing menu featured all the holiday's basics.

There's thyme-roasted turkey and honey-baked ham, cornbread stuffing and oyster stuffing, braised winter greens and macaroni and cheese. Don't forget the green bean casserole, sweet potato gratin, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls.

If there's room for dessert, the Obamas can pick from among six pies: banana cream, coconut cream, pumpkin, apple, pecan and cherry.

The president said in his weekly radio and Internet address that the first family planned to spend the day with friends and family -- catching up, eating good food and watching some football.

He says Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday "because, more than any other, it is uniquely American."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: White House Thanksgiving; turkey, ham, 6 pies and more
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 01:46:11 am »
First off, 1) for how many people was this? We cooked that kind of a meal for about 20 people.

2) re: the “more than any other, it is uniquely American.” comment— yeah, it's so “uniquely American” that the Canadians and Germans both also have the holiday, and Japan has one by a similar name. I would argue that it is this universality that is the appeal to me. Whereas Christmas is explicitly Christian in nature, and means nothing to the secular man, giving thanks, to whatever, is something that a Jew, Christian, agnostic, or any religious faith, any ethnicity, any status in life can and should take time to do. I also think that's part of the reason why the retailers face so much backlash for it, because we want as many people as we can to come together for that moment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »
I would like to see the guest list. An intimate gathering requires Reggie and ValJar, I imagine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:06 pm »
In reality this would not bother me if it wasn't for the fact that Michelle Obama is going around telling us that we the people have to eat healthy and cut down our portion size.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 02:38:17 pm »
In reality this would not bother me if it wasn't for the fact that Michelle Obama is going around telling us that we the people have to eat healthy and cut down our portion size.
Agreed. Braised winter greens is the only non-carb-laden vegetable on the menu, and I bet it had to be prepared with lots of fat (butter, bacon grease) to get anyone there to eat it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:44:38 pm »
Wait ... what.... no burgers?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 06:27:51 pm »
Agreed. Braised winter greens is the only non-carb-laden vegetable on the menu, and I bet it had to be prepared with lots of fat (butter, bacon grease) to get anyone there to eat it.

That bad?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »
I'm betting it is not prepared like that. They put Ham on the menu for show. I am willing to bet that Obama did not touch anything that has pork in it.

It is pretty clear by now to almost everyone that Obama is a slealth Muslim. And Muslims generally do not eat pork when they can avoid it.

(even though, if you throw them a pork rib MRE, they gobble it down in 2 minutes)

Islam has all kinds of 'outs' in terms of observing their rules. As long as they don't ask if it is pork, and, sort of, don't know it is pork, then it is allowed to eat it.

This would not apply to Hussein. However, he does drink a lot, and he is not supposed to do that either. So, maybe he does partake in pork too. Who knows?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.