Author Topic: Sharpton Gathers Families of Men Killed by Police  (Read 1423 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sharpton Gathers Families of Men Killed by Police
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:08:41 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Ferguson-NYC-Sharpton/2014/11/26/id/609812/

Wednesday, 26 Nov 2014 05:43 PM

The families of three unarmed black men who recently died at the hands of police officers linked arms with the Rev. Al Sharpton on Wednesday and prayed for justice amid days of protests over a Missouri grand jury's decision not to indict one of the officers.

The parents of Michael Brown, the Missouri man whose death sparked a wave of sometimes violent demonstrations, were joined by the family of two New York City men at the Harlem headquarters of Sharpton's civil rights organization, the National Action Network. The mourning families said nothing, allowing Sharpton to describe the common grief that suddenly thrust them together.

"On this Thanksgiving eve, this is a very painful time for these families," Sharpton said. "As you see, they share each other's pain and understand what we don't understand."

He said he hopes that, as the national spotlight is trained on these families, that people on both sides of the legal outcomes would remember that "these are real human beings and the value of the lives of their sons and husbands should not be minimized by anybody."

The attorney for the Brown family, Benjamin Crump, said that they had watched Tuesday's television interview with Darren Wilson, the officer who shot Brown and said his conscience is clean over the shooting.

"They thought he had no regard for their child and that was hurtful to them," the attorney said.

The Missouri family was joined by the wife and mother of Eric Garner, a Staten Island man who died in a police chokehold in July after being confronted by officers for selling loose cigarettes. That case has been sent to a grand jury. The girlfriend of Akai Gurley, who was shot to death by a rookie police officer in a dark Brooklyn high-rise hallway last week, also attended.

Sharpton said she had just returned from the morgue where she identified Gurley's body. Police Commissioner William Bratton said Gurley had been "a total innocent" when he was shot. That shooting is under investigation.

The civil rights leader had traveled to Missouri, where he voiced his disappointment in the lack of charges against Wilson. But in his prayer he said he hoped that the men will "not have died in vain, but that we all make sure that their deaths become beacons of a new way that we deal with law enforcement and community responsibility in this country."

Ten people were arrested in New York on Tuesday during protests over the Missouri case that closed several bridges and snarled traffic on a busy travel day just two days before Thanksgiving. Those protests, unlike some in Ferguson, have remained peaceful. Sharpton made clear that he does not condone violence but said it's important to separate those looting and causing trouble from those demonstrating.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Sharpton Gathers Families of Men Killed by Police
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:28:15 am »
Ok. So who is going to gather all the victims and Cops families killed by these families' dead punks, who were stopped by heros?

How many of Sharton's families punks, were killed by Black police officers.

How many other Blacks were killed by these dead punks? Where are their families?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:32:50 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 02:52:26 am »
Sharton needs to be disappeared
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:14:50 am »
So I've been watching the news and cooking my Thanksgiving sides and following the discussion over whether or not Brown's stepfather should be charged with inciting a riot for screaming "BURN THE BITCH DOWN" in the aftermath of the decision being read. It would be difficult to argue that the proverbial "bitch" having burnt down in the immediate aftermath of his shouts for it to do so is hardly coincidental.

The leftist talking heads, black civil and religious leaders being interviewed on TV argue that the stepfather was acting out of intense emotional upheaval over a highly stressful situation, and that as such, he should not be held accountable for his actions and/or the violence and destruction that took place in the aftermath of his actions.

I get that, and I can understand that.

What I don't get is that the don't apply the same standard to Darren Wilson who acted in reaction to what amounted to a possible threat to his person that could have very possibly elevated itself to an immediate loss of life (his), and where the stress was more immediate, and happening way faster than the weeks that the Browns had to prepare themselves for whatever findings the Grand Jury could hand down?

Why the double standard, and most importantly, why aren't the interviewers not challenging that blatant double standard?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:24:54 am »
Because, Luis, as that famous radio sage once said, liberalism is a mental disorder. It is proof that evolution can go in reverse.

But, seriously. Darren Wilson committed the original sin of racism which is a hate crime – or, thought crime, if you will. The incitement to riot is not that. It was a crime of passion, of emotion (the raison d'être of liberalism) and is therefore an infinitely lesser crime and deserving of immediate absolution.

So sayeth The praetorian guard.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 02:15:16 am »
Luis asks above:
[[ Why the double standard, and most importantly, why aren't the interviewers not challenging that blatant double standard? ]]

Because without the "blatant double standard", the pretexts and pretensions of the left could not stand on their own?

Jes' wonderin'….

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 06:05:34 am »
Each incident stands on its own. The killing of Brown by Wilson was justified based on police training, and the facts of the case, in my opinion.

However the shooting of the 12 year old with the replica toy gun was NOT justified, in my opinion, and indicates a need for better police procedures, methods and tactics. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 06:11:23 am »
Luis asks above:
[[ Why the double standard, and most importantly, why aren't the interviewers not challenging that blatant double standard? ]]

Because without the "blatant double standard", the pretexts and pretensions of the left could not stand on their own?

Jes' wonderin'….

I was watching FOX News. They weren't challenging that double standard either.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx