Author Topic: Tearful Ex-Ferguson Mayor: 'Please Help Us'  (Read 707 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tearful Ex-Ferguson Mayor: 'Please Help Us'
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:53:52 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=609553

Newsmax
Tearful Ex-Ferguson Mayor: 'Please Help Us'
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 04:10 PM

By: Sean Piccoli

A former mayor of riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri, wept on Tuesday as he talked about the "disaster" of his city going up in flames again, after a grand jury's decision in the Michael Brown shooting case, and he ended an emotional interview with Newsmax TV by saying simply, "Please help us."

Brian P. Fletcher, ex-mayor and current chairman of the "I Love Ferguson Committee," also accused Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon of failing to assign National Guardsmen to prevent the burning and looting of dozens of Ferguson businesses and storefronts on Monday night.

"He indicated he'd have the National Guard," said Fletcher. "We never saw the National Guard. I have not seen the National Guard even yet. Although it was deployed in St. Louis city itself, it was not deployed in Ferguson, where the unrest had started and continued … for these past three months."

Grand jurors on Monday declined to indict the white Ferguson, Mo., police officer, Darren Wilson, who shot the unarmed Brown, 18, on Aug. 9 in what protestors called another instance of systematic police brutality against young black men.

Grand jurors concluded the evidence did not support a criminal indictment of Wilson.

The announcement was followed by nighttime chaos in Ferguson's streets, which Fletcher said Gov. Nixon was "ill-prepared to handle," despite having declared a state of emergency beforehand.

"It was a disaster, quite frankly," said Fletcher, who appeared on "MidPoint" five days ago expressing hope that Ferguson might recover some semblance of normalcy after a summer of unrest.

Fletcher, a self-described "lifetime Democrat," called on the Democratic governor to resign.

"He is an embarrassment to our state and to our city and should not be allowed to maintain the office of the highest position in our state," said Fletcher.

He said local law enforcement did as good a job as it could have under the circumstances, but was "ignored by the governor" despite asking for more help.

"We were definitely thrown under the bus," he said. "We apparently were expendable. I do not know or I do not understand, because [Gov. Nixon] promised our mayor and our elected officials that he would have protection here. It would have taken maybe 200 National Guard [troops] to seal the city off, and this all would have been prevented because vehicles would not have been able to enter the community."

Fletcher also blasted the timing of the grand jury decision announcement.

"To announce it under the cover of darkness was about as stupid as you could possibly get," he said. "Anyone with intelligence would understand that."

Fletcher said that living through the tension and destruction of the last three months has reduced him to tears.

"I cried several times, not just once," as he watched protests turn violent on Monday, he said. "I've done it over the last few months and I've done it again today."

"It is so hard," he said, his voice breaking. "Please help us."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Tearful Ex-Ferguson Mayor: 'Please Help Us'
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:04:50 pm »
Obama and Holder want Ferguson to suffer for the grand jury's decision.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:17:46 pm »
 "Please help us."

There is no help for anyone in America until the black supremacist, communist dictator is out of office.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »
The powers that be are apparently much more interested in the optics of all of this than they are in justice, or in peace for the poor citizens of Ferguson.  When I think of how great a president Obama might have become had he truly decided to push a post-racial agenda, the opportunity lost just sickens me. 

What we have instead is a racial divide in this country greater than the one we had when this president took charge, mostly because OPapaDoc spent a good part of his presidency fanning the flames of racism and class envy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:58 pm »
We be goin backwards, bro.

And every bit of this goin backwards, is in democrat party managed cities and areas.

And they be makin really stupid mistakes, like incompetence, bro.

Jus like they be doin in wars and that sh!t.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:04:38 am »
        Fletcher, a self-described "lifetime Democrat," called on the Democratic governor to resign.

"He is an embarrassment to our state and to our city and should not be allowed to maintain the office of the highest position in our state," said Fletcher.

He said local law enforcement did as good a job as it could have under the circumstances, but was "ignored by the governor" despite asking for more help.

"We were definitely thrown under the bus," he said. "We apparently were expendable. I do not know or I do not understand, because [Gov. Nixon] promised our mayor and our elected officials that he would have protection here. It would have taken maybe 200 National Guard [troops] to seal the city off, and this all would have been prevented because vehicles would not have been able to enter the community."

Fletcher also blasted the timing of the grand jury decision announcement.

"To announce it under the cover of darkness was about as stupid as you could possibly get," he said. "Anyone with intelligence would understand that."

Fletcher said that living through the tension and destruction of the last three months has reduced him to tears.

"I cried several times, not just once," as he watched protests turn violent on Monday, he said. "I've done it over the last few months and I've done it again today."

"It is so hard," he said, his voice breaking. "Please help us."     
Sorry  Mr Mayor you get the society you deserve ..You could have  backed Officer Wilson and told the race baiter's and  protesters to take a hike or arrested them for inciting a riot ,your worthless governor could have done the same thing.
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline collins

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:29:53 am »
Obama and Holder want Ferguson to suffer for the grand jury's decision.

I think you are right even though this really doesn't make any sense - some thug is shot in a town, the prosecutor goes for a GJ indictment, it fails, so the town should suffer, even those who didn't have anything to do with any of this? Sounds petty and spiteful, sounds like the Obama administration.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:34 am »
Sorry  Mr Mayor you get the society you deserve ..You could have  backed Officer Wilson and told the race baiter's and  protesters to take a hike or arrested them for inciting a riot ,your worthless governor could have done the same thing.

The quote was from an EX-mayor. He couldn't have arrested anyone. And who would listen to an ex-mayor anyway?

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 03:08:34 am »
The quote was from an EX-mayor. He couldn't have arrested anyone. And who would listen to an ex-mayor anyway?

I dunno.  Ed Koch was pretty popular for years after he left the NYC mayor's office, as was Giuliani.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 03:45:27 am »
I dunno.  Ed Koch was pretty popular for years after he left the NYC mayor's office, as was Giuliani.

But neither one of them had any power over the gov't. All they could do was jawbone, and this ex-mayor did that.