Author Topic: Michael Brown’s Mother Isn’t Honest About Her Son Or The Thug Behavior That Got Him Killed  (Read 278 times)

rangerrebew

Michael Brown’s Mother Isn’t Honest About Her Son Or The Thug Behavior That Got Him Killed

11.25.2014 | Jerome Hudson | 0

Lesley McSpadden, the mother of Michael Brown, reacted to tonight’s grand jury verdict by gathering with supporters and wailing about her dissatisfaction with the decision to not indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson for the death of her son.

“They still don’t care,” McSpadden yelled, “they ain’t never gonna care.”

“I been here my whole life. I never had to go through nothing like this,” she added.

McSpadden continued to air out her grievances, saying, “Don’t none of y’all know me, but I don’t do nothing to nobody.”

That might be true of Lesley McSpadden. But the same could not be said of her deceased son, Michael Brown, as grand jury testimony supports.

The fact of the matter is that almost 30 minutes before officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown, the 18-year-old decided to rob a local convenience store. Michael Brown shoved the shop owner as he fled with a box of cigars.

f_surv_ferguson_140815_fc4b4377e4f790941ed2809c99d5d7b9

In a statement released after the grand jury’s decision, Michael Brown’s parents didn’t mention those inconvenient details about why her son was involved in an altercation with Officer Wilson. Instead we got this:

We are profoundly disappointed that the killer of our child will not face the consequence of his actions…We need to work together to fix the system that allowed this to happen. Join with us in our campaign to ensure that every police officer working the streets in this country wears a body camera…Let’s not just make noise, let’s make a difference.

But according to St. Louis City Prosecutor Robert McCulloch, Officer Wilson noticed that Brown fit a police description of one of the suspects who had just robbed that local store (“yellow socks” and “red cap”). As we know now, Brown was in fact that perp. Wilson then called for backup and approached Brown. As McCulloch further details, several eyewitness accounts point to Brown as the aggressor, with Officer Wilson claiming that Brown punched him in the face twice and tried to grab his gun. In other words, Michael Brown’s participation in a robbery was why Wilson stopped him in the first place and it was Brown’s violent behavior afterward that precipitated Wilson’s discharging of his firearm.

Why was Michael Brown engaged in a robbery and why did he think it was acceptable to assault a cop?

Michael Brown’s parents are calling for fixes to ‘the system.’ But ‘the system’ didn’t brainwash Michael Brown into becoming a thief or to pick a fight with a cop. He did that all on his own. And it got him killed.

Brown’s parents should be demanding frank conversations aimed at eradicating the attitudes that justify the behavior that their son displayed not even an hour before his death.

That is to say, if his parents really wanted to make a difference in their community, they would urge black teenagers to abandon the thug behavior so prominent in urban black areas. They would also set their sights on the glorification of the thug lifestyle prevalent within the rap music industry. To the contrary, we’re getting “burn this bitch down” and “you motherfuck*rs think this a joke” from family members.

Sure, body cameras on police officers may be a good idea to add another layer of accountability. But Michael Brown’s parents should implore young black men to respect the rule of law as well as law enforcement. Just think — if they would’ve instilled those values in their son, he would still be alive today.

Read more at http://dailysurge.com/2014/11/michael-brown-mother-lesley-mcspadden-reacts-verdict-aint-never-gone-care-us/