Author Topic: Obama: Not Legitimate for Future Presidents to Lower Taxes via Executive Action  (Read 844 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/23/Obama-Not-Legitimate-for-Future-Pres-to-Lower-Taxes-via-Exec-Action

by Tony Lee 23 Nov 2014, 3:22 PM PDT

After unilaterally granting temporary amnesty and work permits to millions of illegal immigrants last week, President Barack Obama said it would not be legitimate for a future president to unilaterally lower tax rates.

When asked on ABC's This Week if his successor could unilaterally act to lower taxes if Congress does not, Obama replied, "absolutely not."

Obama, despite the IRS's targeting of conservative and Tea Party organizations, also said that his administration only audits "folks who are most likely to be cheating" and said that even though the IRS does not "audit every single person... we still expect that people are going to go ahead and follow the law."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Says who?  Certainly not you any more Mr. Monkey Pants.

Offline sinkspur

Obama has thrown discretion out the window. A GOP President could use "prosecutorial discretion" to decide to not prosecute those who don't pay capital gains taxes.

What would the Democrats do about it, especially if they don't own the Congress?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Obama has thrown discretion out the window. A GOP President could use "prosecutorial discretion" to decide to not prosecute those who don't pay capital gains taxes.

What would the Democrats do about it, especially if they don't own the Congress?

Quite frankly, the ones who should be most worried are the leftists and progressives, because Obuttocks has empowered the next republican president to become their worst nightmare.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Quite frankly, the ones who should be most worried are the leftists and progressives, because Obuttocks has empowered the next republican president to become their worst nightmare.
Just like soon to be former Majority Leader Reid ( I know y'all know who he is...I just like writing it as much as you like reading it) gave us the nuclear filibuster option.

Christmas came early.

Oceander

Just like soon to be former Majority Leader Reid ( I know y'all know who he is...I just like writing it as much as you like reading it) gave us the nuclear filibuster option.

Christmas came early.

Indeed.  And since the precedent has been set for stripping the filibuster from one subject, it becomes that much easier to manipulate the rules of order to strip it from whatever other subject the majority wishes.

Offline olde north church

Christmas came early.

Puh-leeze!  McConnell will be flipping it back to the Old Boy rules.  He's a limp dick.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That really is a great argument. Add 'corporate' to taxes on that question and watch the liberals squirm. They wouldn't like it if a Republican President gored their ox on something like that.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:25:18 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.