Author Topic: MOTHER ENABLER: Probe Finds Adam Lanza’s Mom Strong Armed Officials From Treating Her Son  (Read 814 times)

rangerrebew

MOTHER ENABLER: Probe Finds Adam Lanza’s Mom Strong Armed Officials From Treating Her Son

Posted on November 22, 2014

When you have a child this troubled, the last thing you should do is teach them how to shoot.

Adam Lanza had always been a child in need of help.

At age 3, he was referred to special education after he began to exhibit oddly repetitive behaviors and couldn’t socialize like most kids.

By fourth grade, he had been diagnosed with anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and autism.

Yet year after year — as psychiatrists insisted that Lanza should be on treatment and strict medication — his mother Nancy refused to follow through on the requests.

She chalked up her son’s behavior to a presumed superior intelligence, seeing him as a gifted student, despite testing done by experts showing he presented average intelligence.

But, as the years went on, the truth became clearer: Adam Lanza was a deeply troubled young man who obsessed over mass killings as he fell deeper into a pit of mental illness while his mother ignored his struggles

These are the findings of a new report by the Office of the Child Advocate in Connecticut, which released on Friday a 114-page dossier about the life of the shooter who massacred 20 children and six adult staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on December 14, 2012.

The report charges that the local school system enabled Nancy Lanza as she accommodated and appeased her son — even as he became more withdrawn socially and exhibited frightening signs of his obsession with murder.

The Office of the Child Advocate says there were missed opportunities to provide more treatment for Lanza.

‘Both AL’s mother and his educational team shared a goal of managing and accommodating, rather than securing treatment for, AL’s disabilities, and likely this approach was fueled by a lack of critical information and guidance,’ the report says.

The report adds: ‘There were early indications of AL’s preoccupation with violence, depicted by extremely graphic writings that appeared to have been largely unaddressed by schools and possibly by parents.’

This article continues on dailymail.co.uk

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/mother-enabler-probe-finds-adam-lanzas-mom-strong-armed-officials-treating-son/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:38:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Poor kid. Not only seriously bleep up in his own right, but seriously bleep over by his own mother.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Profound tragedy all around. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

Poor kid. Not only seriously bleep up in his own right, but seriously bleep over by his own mother.

Many years ago we were sitting around the family table at some sort of soiree.  The "adults" were discussing mothers.  One of the guys at the table offered up "Your mother would take the chair for you!".  PBS would call the "folk wisdom".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:17:00 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And the worst part is that he isn't the only one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LambChop

America's #1 craptacular generation problems:   "Not my kid"

My daughter is over 30 now.  When she was in pre-school they were teaching kids to call the police on their parents.
One day she came home and called me a drug addict... because I smoked cigarettes.
Another time she threatened to call the police because I had spanked her butt.   That's child abuse ya know.
*I did however tell her to go ahead and call the police, when they found out what she did, they'd spank her butt too.  She didn't call*

Then parents teach their children that police are the enemy.  Not to be trusted, not to be respected.

What do we have?  A generation of people who respect no one.

rangerrebew

America's #1 craptacular generation problems:   "Not my kid"

My daughter is over 30 now.  When she was in pre-school they were teaching kids to call the police on their parents.
One day she came home and called me a drug addict... because I smoked cigarettes.
Another time she threatened to call the police because I had spanked her butt.   That's child abuse ya know.
*I did however tell her to go ahead and call the police, when they found out what she did, they'd spank her butt too.  She didn't call*

Then parents teach their children that police are the enemy.  Not to be trusted, not to be respected.

What do we have?  A generation of people who respect no one.

Including themselves.

Offline mountaineer

I quite agree, LambChop.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It would not surprise me to learn that the father and mother split up, over the boy's need to be institutionalized.

She lived in denial, and it turned out to be deadly denial.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Many parents refuse to accept the reality that their his had mental problems and needs proper treatment, even if it means being institutionalized.

The biggest thing they need to do is keep these kids off the Internet.  It just feeds their delusions and drives them deeper into their own, fake reality.

Edit: Grammar
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:44:45 pm by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline olde north church

Many parents refuse to accept the reality that their kid had mental problems and needs proper treatment, even if it means being institutionalized.

The biggest thing they need to do is keep these kids off the Internet.  It just feeds their delusions and drives them deeper into their own, fake reality.

It's not just keeping the kids off the Internet, it's keeping the mothers off the "Mommy Blogger" sites and the purveying of nit-wit theories and conspiracies.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.