Author Topic: We erred in publishing cartoon  (Read 499 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
We erred in publishing cartoon
« on: November 23, 2014, 05:05:12 am »
Jeff Taylor
The  Indianapolis Star
November 22, 2014

On Friday, we posted a Gary Varvel cartoon at indystar.com that offended a wide group of readers.

Many of them labeled it as racist. Gary did not intend to be racially insensitive in his attempt to express his strong views about President Barack Obama's decision to temporarily prevent the deportation of millions of immigrants living and working illegally in the United States.
More

Commentary (leftist): IndyStar Deletes Racist Cartoon About Illegal Immigrants

Here's the cartoon, and I don't think it's racist:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:27:19 am by Machiavelli »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: We erred in publishing cartoon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:44:27 am »
ANY criticism of Obama is racist, don't you know? 

I believe this is evidence that Obama is tanking with the American people - his most faithful butt-kissing followers have been instructed to loudly protest anything that slights their Lord Messiah.  I noticed it the night of his speech on Facebook - a few of my liberal acquaintances (the most hardcore ones) were furiously unfriending people just for saying something bad about Obama.  It was bizarre. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:01 pm »

I believe this is evidence that Obama is tanking with the American people - his most faithful butt-kissing followers have been instructed to loudly protest anything that slights their Lord Messiah.  I noticed it the night of his speech on Facebook - a few of my liberal acquaintances (the most hardcore ones) were furiously unfriending people just for saying something bad about Obama.  It was bizarre.

There wouldn't have been a peep had they been serving fried chicken and watermelon.  It's just out with the old and in with the new and the blacks better get used to it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »
Illegal is a race now?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 02:31:27 pm »
WTF is wrong with these people? A GOOD political cartoon SHOULD be offensive to somebody. And that one not only captures the Obama mess, but could act as a symbol for our southern border.

With all this PC self censorship crap, the Left doesn't have to worry about, nor go after the First Amendment. the idiots it protects will do their work for them. PC will destroy this country. Sooner, rather than later.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »

During the 2008 elections, there were several groups attempting to make criticisim of Obama 'illegal', as in you will get arrested kind of illegal. This is true and really happened. No satire.

That is how fanatical and utterly out of the minds people were back then for Obama. People were stealing and burning Romney signs. Newscasters were getting in touch with their homosexual side in describing how young, and fit, and goodlooking, and beautiful, and smart...well, he is just every man's dream guy!

It really was a kind of national insanity.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.