Author Topic: HARRY REID: GOOD LUCK TRYING TO UNDO EXECUTIVE AMNESTY  (Read 1132 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
HARRY REID: GOOD LUCK TRYING TO UNDO EXECUTIVE AMNESTY
« on: November 21, 2014, 01:39:29 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/20/Harry-Reid-Good-Luck-Trying-to-Undo-Executive-Amnesty

by CAROLINE MAY  20 Nov 2014

Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) argues that despite the fact that President Obama’s executive amnesty will not have the force of law, it would be very difficult for another president to rescind.

“This is something that is fair and the right thing to do,” Reid said on Thursday. “They have the opportunity at some later time, some president to say, ‘I want this all changed.’ I wish that person luck to try to tell these millions of people and their families -- who many at that time will have many, many more United States citizens -- are going to be pretty hard to rescind what this first step is.”

Reid called the scope of the executive amnesty -- expected to encompass some 5 million illegal immigrants -- “pretty good.”

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), a member of the Gang of Eight that pushed a comprehensive immigration bill through the Senate in 2013, called the president's actions “a first step” and argued they are “the right move for America.”

Reid and Durbin spoke to reporters at a press conference also featuring Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Patty Murray (D-WA) to highlight the 511 days since the Senate passed an immigration bill and blamed House Republicans for failing to act.

“Republicans should channel their anger in a productive fashion to pass the bipartisan bill now,” Schumer said, touting the Senate immigration bill.

“Administrative action is a bandaid but it is better than nothing,” Murray added, “and nothing is what the House Republicans are offering.”
The senators stood beside a sign with the number 511 emblazoned on the front, in reference to the 511 days since the Senate passed its comprehensive immigration bill.

“For four years [Republicans have] stopped virtually everything. My only surprise is the president has waited as long as he has to do some of these things with executive action,” Reid said.

President Obama is slated to announce his executive actions Thursday night.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: HARRY REID: GOOD LUCK TRYING TO UNDO EXECUTIVE AMNESTY
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:21:33 pm »
And as far as Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity or whoever else who is playing the "voice of outrage" game, get your ass out of your chair and head towards D.C..  Spring for a few chartered buses, while you're at it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:22:28 pm »
Proving once again that there is no way for us to "get along" with democrats!

The ONLY course open to us is to completely and utterly DEFEAT them!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 01:20:01 pm »

:beer:

Offline collins

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 07:47:39 pm »
LOL, anybody knows an EO can be rescinded, and that's if it stands, and this one may not. Illegals are not going to want to "get in the system" unless they have to, and most of them don't.

The left sees future votes in their eyes:

“Republicans should channel their anger in a productive fashion to pass the bipartisan bill now,” Schumer said, touting the Senate immigration bill.

Schumer and Reid should channel their anger in a productive fashion (pretentious bleep) and shove the bipartisan bill up their asses.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 08:48:02 pm »

You can't defeat them because their leaders work for the same big money the Republican leaders do. It's a puppet show meant to perpetuate the illusion that we are actually in control. The only way to get this country back on track is to either vote all of these fools out through third parties or tear it all down to its foundation and start over.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:50:49 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 09:44:35 pm »
You can't defeat them because their leaders work for the same big money the Republican leaders do. It's a puppet show meant to perpetuate the illusion that we are actually in control. The only way to get this country back on track is to either vote all of these fools out through third parties or tear it all down to its foundation and start over.

Yes.  Political anarchy.

I'm betting nobody you vote for ever wins. No surprise.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:58:36 pm »

Pretty much...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 10:22:22 pm »
LOL, anybody knows an EO can be rescinded, and that's if it stands, and this one may not. Illegals are not going to want to "get in the system" unless they have to, and most of them don't.

The left sees future votes in their eyes:

Schumer and Reid should channel their anger in a productive fashion (pretentious bleep) and shove the bipartisan bill up their asses.

Next time tell us what you REALLY think!

BTW: I agree with every word you wrote!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 03:45:17 am »
Yes.  Political anarchy.

I'm betting nobody you vote for ever wins. No surprise.

Is a vote more of a waste on a good candidate that won't win or a bad candidate that might win? The whole "third parties are a waste of your vote" thing is ridiculous. Voting for the same corrupt and ineffective fools is a waste of your vote.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates