Author Topic: Major Dem Fundraiser Terry Bean Arrested On Charges Of Sex Abuse Of A Minor  (Read 3801 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Major Dem Fundraiser Terry Bean Arrested On Charges Of Sex Abuse Of A Minor
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 12:58:00 am »
I never said that Dan.  But when 82% of sexual assault on minors involve female victims, doesn't that also say something about heterosexuals, assuming you like to generalize. 

Actually I'm also referred to as an apologist for extremist right wing nutjobs...simply because I post here.

Here's a good summary of the pros and cons

As we can see, the statistics are skewed in favor of the homosexuals because those who claim that male homosexuals do not disproportionately molest boys do so by re-defining those who do molest boys as 'not gay'.

How conveeenient...

"Those who control the definition of the terms control the outcome of the argument..."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 02:11:45 pm »
Here's a good summary of the pros and cons

As we can see, the statistics are skewed in favor of the homosexuals because those who claim that male homosexuals do not disproportionately molest boys do so by re-defining those who do molest boys as 'not gay'.

How conveeenient...

"Those who control the definition of the terms control the outcome of the argument..."

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  Guess we've all been on the Ferguson thing.  Anyway, that was an interesting link.  Some of those stats on your side seem a little off as that 30% just isn't so (in spite of Penn State).  But having said that, where do you put the married men who molest their male children as well as their female children and step-children?  Does this mean that the percentage of gays/bi's in the population is much higher?

In any case, child molestation of any kind cannot be tolerated in a civil society.  Religious efforts would be better spent in pushing for tougher prosecution of these cases and in education than in condemning an entire subset of the population.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »
Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  Guess we've all been on the Ferguson thing.  Anyway, that was an interesting link.  Some of those stats on your side seem a little off as that 30% just isn't so (in spite of Penn State).  But having said that, where do you put the married men who molest their male children as well as their female children and step-children?  Does this mean that the percentage of gays/bi's in the population is much higher?

In any case, child molestation of any kind cannot be tolerated in a civil society.  Religious efforts would be better spent in pushing for tougher prosecution of these cases and in education than in condemning an entire subset of the population.

What it means is that the studies that say that gays don't molest at higher rates are flawed because gays who molest are defined as straight when it suits a political purpose. 

Redefinition like that raises the level of straight molestation and reduces the level of gay molestation...

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:18:51 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:06 pm »
What it means is that the studies that say that gays don't molest at higher rates are flawed because gays who molest are defined as straight when it suits a political purpose. 

Redefinition like that raises the level of straight molestation and reduces the level of gay molestation...

If I understand you correctly Dan, you're saying that the homosexual population is understated?  If so, and I would agree that a lot of people with such tendencies might not want to self-identify, your population would be higher, thus decreasing the gay/pedophile ratio.  One of the logic errors we all tend to make is to mistakenly show a cause and effect relationship when it may not exist.  I do see that (IMHO) with the whole global warming theory. 

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 10:49:56 pm »
I'd like to know how you could be a "major" Dem fundraiser without being a freak.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 10:53:13 pm »
If I understand you correctly Dan, you're saying that the homosexual population is understated?  If so, and I would agree that a lot of people with such tendencies might not want to self-identify, your population would be higher, thus decreasing the gay/pedophile ratio.  One of the logic errors we all tend to make is to mistakenly show a cause and effect relationship when it may not exist.  I do see that (IMHO) with the whole global warming theory.

What I'm saying is that the studies that say that gays don't molest at higher rates are flawed because gays who molest are defined as straight when it suits a political purpose.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »
What I'm saying is that the studies that say that gays don't molest at higher rates are flawed because gays who molest are defined as straight when it suits a political purpose.

Let me ask you this Dan.  Do you believe that the gay and bisexual population is understated because many won't self-identify?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 11:52:06 pm »
Let me ask you this Dan.  Do you believe that the gay and bisexual population is understated because many won't self-identify?

Clearly the research saying that gays don't molest at higher rates than straights is bogus because homosexual orientation is re-defined based on 'self-identification'.

Trying to overstate the gay population to imply that gays don't molest at higher rates than straights is bogus as well...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2014, 01:20:35 am »
Clearly the research saying that gays don't molest at higher rates than straights is bogus because homosexual orientation is re-defined based on 'self-identification'.

Trying to overstate the gay population to imply that gays don't molest at higher rates than straights is bogus as well...

I'm not sure what you're arguing.  We both appear to believe that "self-identified" understates the homosexual population since there are probably a lot who won't admit it for various reasons.  If the number of victims is constant, then the more homosexuals there are, the lower the pedophile rate is for that group and the higher it is for the heterosexual group that is overstated.

It's obvious from the numbers of victims of both sexes that pedophiles exist in both groups. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2014, 04:09:08 pm »
I'm not sure what you're arguing.  We both appear to believe that "self-identified" understates the homosexual population since there are probably a lot who won't admit it for various reasons.  If the number of victims is constant, then the more homosexuals there are, the lower the pedophile rate is for that group and the higher it is for the heterosexual group that is overstated.

It's obvious from the numbers of victims of both sexes that pedophiles exist in both groups.

Except the studies being cited defined the terms in a manner that reduced the number of homosexuals even when the attack was homosexual.

Homosexual apologists use both methods in attempts to reduce the perceived threat from homosexuals.  Redefining attackers as 'not-gay' and attempting to increase the rate of homosexuality in the general population...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2014, 06:22:05 pm »
Except the studies being cited defined the terms in a manner that reduced the number of homosexuals even when the attack was homosexual.

Homosexual apologists use both methods in attempts to reduce the perceived threat from homosexuals.  Redefining attackers as 'not-gay' and attempting to increase the rate of homosexuality in the general population...

Dan I believe even you agreed earlier that there are more gays/bi's in the population than just the self-identified group.

But looking at the self-identified group, there are a reported 8 million in the US.  The DOJ states that in 2012 there were a reported 62,939 cases of child sexual abuse, 82% of which were females.  That leaves 18% or approximately 11 thousand males who were sexually abused.  If all of them were abused from just the self-identified group that would be a rate of about one-tenth of one percent.  If of course the population of gays/bi's is actually higher, then the rate would be even lower.

I can't argue whether the gay gene predisposes an attraction for children.  But I can argue that most sexual abuses come from heterosexuals which would challenge that assertion. 

As for whether those who would argue with your thesis are "gay apologists", I would say that when the left claims that gun owners are responsible for gun crimes or that Christians are responsible for attacks on abortion clinics, or the population of people who drink are responsible for drunk driving, I guess I like to challenge such assertions.  People on both sides of the aisle tend to hold an entire group responsible for the wrongdoings of a tiny fraction of the population.

Again, make no mistake.  Child sexual abuse regardless of who commits it should be vigorously prosecuted to the highest degree possible.  Focusing on one segment of the population in a generalization tends to take the emphasis off of teachers, various youth leaders, doctors, priests, ministers, and family members (a large part of the perpetrators).  Education is important, and should emphasize real threats based on language, unwanted touching, other body language, and most importantly that these advances can and more often than not do come from those we may know well.  Hopefully we've advanced over the old "Don't talk to strangers" caution as the main threat a child can face.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 12:04:14 am »
Focusing on one segment of the population in a generalization tends to take the emphasis off of teachers, various youth leaders, doctors, priests, ministers, and family members (a large part of the perpetrators).  Education is important, and should emphasize real threats based on language, unwanted touching, other body language, and most importantly that these advances can and more often than not do come from those we may know well.  Hopefully we've advanced over the old "Don't talk to strangers" caution as the main threat a child can face.

Homosexual apologists will attempt to divert the conversation into *any* discussion other than the fact that gays molest young boys at much higher rates.  That fact and that conversation must be avoided at all costs in the apologist's mind.

Studies are presented in which special definitions are used to reduce the level of gay molestation and increase the level of straight molestation so that reality can be obscured.

Posters will make concerted efforts to equate homosexuals with teachers, various youth leaders, doctors, priests, ministers, and family members while maintaining that molestation is indefensible.

Equating groups at high risk for molestation with groups at low risk for molestation is what is indefensible...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 02:25:09 am »
Homosexual apologists will attempt to divert the conversation into *any* discussion other than the fact that gays molest young boys at much higher rates.  That fact and that conversation must be avoided at all costs in the apologist's mind.

Studies are presented in which special definitions are used to reduce the level of gay molestation and increase the level of straight molestation so that reality can be obscured.

Posters will make concerted efforts to equate homosexuals with teachers, various youth leaders, doctors, priests, ministers, and family members while maintaining that molestation is indefensible.

Equating groups at high risk for molestation with groups at low risk for molestation is what is indefensible...

Sigh...I'm just an indefensible kind of guy who would rather attack the problem than find a scapegoat population group. 

So what do we do Dan, round up all 8 million of the self-identified homosexuals and bisexuals while conducting detailed investigations into those who haven't self-identified, and put them all into retraining camps until they get rid of their homosexuality?  Other than stereotyping, what is your solution?  We apparently don't want them to be allowed to engage in monogamous relationships what with AIDs and all.  What do you want to do with the 99.9% who haven't molested anyone?

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2014, 03:55:33 am »
Sigh...I'm just an indefensible kind of guy who would rather attack the problem than find a scapegoat population group. 

So what do we do Dan, round up all 8 million of the self-identified homosexuals and bisexuals while conducting detailed investigations into those who haven't self-identified, and put them all into retraining camps until they get rid of their homosexuality?  Other than stereotyping, what is your solution?  We apparently don't want them to be allowed to engage in monogamous relationships what with AIDs and all.  What do you want to do with the 99.9% who haven't molested anyone?

I see you've introduced your forehead to the brick wall.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »

I see you've introduced your forehead to the brick wall.

Heh...yeah I guess you could put it that way.  10294

Online mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2014, 01:57:12 pm »
So what do we do Dan, round up all 8 million of the self-identified homosexuals and bisexuals while conducting detailed investigations into those who haven't self-identified, and put them all into retraining camps until they get rid of their homosexuality?
Yeah, that's what he said.  :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2014, 02:43:26 pm »
Yeah, that's what he said.  :nono:

Unfortunately he wouldn't come up with a "solution".  I tossed that out to see if that's what he wanted to do, since according to his theory, something has to be done.  I really want to know what is to be done with those 8 million+ Dan believes are prone to engaging in child molestation.  Shouldn't we remove them from society?