Author Topic: Report: Obama to Sign Executive Amnesty Friday in Vegas (Updated)  (Read 7765 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-obama-sign-executive-amnesty-friday-vegas_819591.html

Report: Obama to Sign Executive Amnesty Friday in Vegas (Updated)
9:36 AM, NOV 19, 2014
BY DANIEL HALPER

John Harwood of CNBC and the New York Times reports that President Obama's executive amnesty order is coming Friday in Las Vegas:

The Las Vegas Review-Journal confirms Obama's visit to Las Vegas on Friday:

President Barack Obama is expected to visit Las Vegas on Friday, stopping here after Republicans swept all top state offices and took control of the Legislature in the Nov. 4 election. ...

Nevada is a battleground state and Obama needs to boost the Democratic Party before the 2016 election where voters will determine who will succeed Obama in the White House. At this point former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is leading the pack even before announcing whether she’s running.

Nevada reporter Jon Ralston suggests the event will be at a local high school:

Hearing POTUS coming to Vegas on Friday for speech at Del Sol High School. I wonder what the topic could possibly be at DEL SOL high school.

Offline Fishrrman

Re: Report: Obama to Sign Executive Amnesty Friday in Vegas (Updated)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »
This can't be very far behind:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:42:36 am by Fishrrman »

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:02:17 pm »
This can't be very far behind:

I remember the first time I saw that map Aztlan, laughed at the time.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/19/politics/obama-immigration-announcement-thursday/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Obama to announce immigration executive action in prime time address Thursday
By Jim Acosta, Athena Jones and Kevin Liptak, CNN
updated 1:02 PM EST, Wed November 19, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama will unveil his long-awaited immigration plan Thursday evening, sources tell CNN, changing rules governing deportations that could affect millions of undocumented immigrants and setting off an explosive battle with Republicans.

Obama's prime-time address will be followed Friday by an event in Las Vegas, sources added. While exact details of his announcement haven't yet been made public, the basic outline of the plan, as relayed by people familiar with its planning, includes deferring deportation for the parents of U.S. citizens, a move that would affect up to 3.5 million people.

The President declared in June he wouldn't wait for Congress to pass a comprehensive overhaul of the immigration system, initially saying he would announce changes by the end the summer. The decision was delayed until after the midterm elections, when the White House believed it wouldn't be caught up in campaign politics.

But Republicans have expressed deep anger at the anticipated move, saying unilateral action on immigration would forestall any legislative action.

What's in the plan

The contours of Obama's announcement have been the subject of speculation among immigration activists for months, though the White House has yet to officially relay what Obama will announce when he speaks to the American people on Thursday night.

Administration officials say a keystone of the announcement will be allowing the parents of American citizens, who are undocumented immigrants themselves, to remain in the United States without the threat of deportation. That would include the parents of legal residents, but not the parents of children eligible for delayed deportation under a rule Obama enacted in 2012.

Up to 3.6 million people would be affected by that change, according to an estimate from the Migration Policy Institute, though the figures are smaller if Obama's announcement includes a minimum number of years spent in the country.

Mandating parents live in the U.S. for at least 5 years before becoming eligible would bring the number affected to 3.3 million; a 10-year minimum would bring it down further to an estimated 2.5 million people.

READ: Immigration fast facts

Other potential areas of reform include extending the deportation deferment for immigrants who were brought to the United States as children. Altering the age restrictions on that action could allow hundreds of thousands more people to remain in the United States.

Officials also said the plan could include a stronger focus on deporting criminals who are undocumented immigrants and an expansion of worker visas in areas like technology.

Lastly, the plan could include new resources to bolster security on the border.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Bastard. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...and no one will try to stop him....

Rush is depressing the hell out of me..says the Repubs will not do a thing about it..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush is also saying they are trying to take away Session's chairmanship because they don't want anyone to buck Obama....did they not pay attention to the election...they won the majority to stop Obama...damn them!
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 07:06:37 pm »
Good news:  Are you ready for some football on the NFL Network?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

...and no one will try to stop him....

Rush is depressing the hell out of me..says the Repubs will not do a thing about it..

Do not listen to Rush. He's gotten completely ridiculous after the elections.   I stopped after last week.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Do not listen to Rush. He's gotten completely ridiculous after the elections.   I stopped after last week.

Rush is right!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 07:41:56 pm »
I was discussing this elsewhere, and got this reply. This guy is spot on.

Here's the political calculus behind this...

Obama refused to do this before the election, even publicly announcing that an executive order on immigration would be a bad idea and publicly denouncing those calling for it in his speeches.

The day after the election, the Republicans begin talking about 'working together' and healing the wounds (now that they control both houses of Congress)

If Republicans did start working with the Obama administration, it makes Republicans look good...which is something Democrats don't want because they don't Rs to win the next presidential election.

Republicans also want to pass immigration reform, they (like Democrats) recognize that the hispanic vote is essential to the future. They also recognize that latinos are very socially conservative and only vote D because of the immigration issue.

So now you've got a growing segment of the Republican part, led by Rubio, stealing the hispanic vote from Democrats by being in favor immigration reform.

Obama sees this and rightfully assesses that he can't let Republicans pass reform...if he does, he's losing the 2016 presidential election for Democrats before the candidate's even picked.

So, Obama decides that he's going to go back on his word and intentionally stick a thumb in eye of republicans. He decides not only to take an action intentionally designed to deliver a 'bleep you' to Congress by bypassing them, but he also steals the issue from Republicans by cutting their legs out from under them by not letting them get a chance to vote on it next year.

It's a very well, coldly calculated move. Obama knows he's unpopular and a lame duck, so he's sacrificing his own ability to get things done in the future in order to cut the legs out of the growing movement in the republican party that supports immigration reform.

tl;dr: Obama's shutting down any real chance at immigration reform by killing the republican movement in favor it and forcing them into a corner. It's brilliant from a partisan standpoint, but it's terrible for anyone who actually favors immigration reform.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »
Every person subscribed to this forum knows in his/her heart what's necessary to "stop" Obama.

Do I need to post it once more?
(Why yes, that's just what I'm gonna do!)

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 07:58:30 pm »
I can not articulate how detestable this man has become.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »
I can not articulate how detestable this man has become.
Makes ole Billy Boy look like a piker!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 08:17:09 pm »
Obama is never going to be impeached - ever. He could cut the head off a hostage on live TV and the news media would blame the Tea Party for "creating an atmosphere of violence".

Forget it.

The GOP in Congress should sue in Federal court, and refuse to fund a blatantly unconstitutional Executive act. Let Obama bang his spoon on his highchair and threaten to "shut down" the government (or rather, let him try to blame the Republicans for doing what he's doing). That act has worn thin.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:37:16 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »
He's doing it in Vegas because 1/3 of the population here is Hispanic...and a good chunk of that falls within the scope of his action.

He isn't going to be impeached, don't step into that bear trap.  But even here where he does it, he is going to be really, really unpopular.  Really unpopular.  So unpopular that any Democratic candidate for president in 2016 is going to have the smell of that unpopularity all over them.  Hillary should be the angriest person in the country today.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:24 pm »
I wonder if the blacks will realize they will be tossed away like a used prophylactic?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »
I wonder if the blacks will realize they will be tossed away like a used prophylactic?

That should be tweeted to the Occupy Ferguson crowd and followers.  Then retweeted for good measure.

Online GourmetDan

Rush is also saying they are trying to take away Session's chairmanship because they don't want anyone to buck Obama....did they not pay attention to the election...they won the majority to stop Obama...damn them!

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 02:07:38 pm »
I was discussing this elsewhere, and got this reply. This guy is spot on.

Yeah it's a great analysis.  It was posted on TOS yesterday by "Brownsfan".  It will put the GOP in an interesting dilemma not wanting to piss on Latinos even more than they have, but not wanting Obama to get away with this blatant extra-legal, in-your-face tour de force.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Relic

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 02:17:32 pm »
Yeah it's a great analysis.  It was posted on TOS yesterday by "Brownsfan".  It will put the GOP in an interesting dilemma not wanting to piss on Latinos even more than they have, but not wanting Obama to get away with this blatant extra-legal, in-your-face tour de force.

That's me.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 02:20:07 pm »
That's me.
Cool!  And it was a good analysis of the situation.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 03:09:34 pm »
Cool!  And it was a good analysis of the situation.

Yeah! Except for the FACT that no one wants the republicans to "work with" the Obama administration on anything!

They want Obama STOPPED whatever it takes to do that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 03:49:52 pm »
Yeah! Except for the FACT that no one wants the republicans to "work with" the Obama administration on anything!

I would make a crack about who hides the briefcase under the lectern but the watchers might not find the humor.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 04:53:18 pm »

Well obviously not everybody, but I'd agree probably less than before the election.  OTOH, most Americans want the GOP to work across the aisle with the Democrats to fashion legislation.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/wsj-nbc-poll-finds-americans-want-parties-to-work-together-1416439838