Author Topic: Your Personal "Pet Peeves"....  (Read 4380 times)

Offline xfreeper

Re: Your Personal "Pet Peeves"....
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 03:17:29 am »
How they go out in public is their business. I'm just not interested in a lot of skin contact with strangers

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 03:55:11 am »
I have a few pet peeves, but the one I will mention first is elitist, know-it-all, smarmy women typified by Elizabeth Warren.  Being a college prof, I have to work with women like this on a regular basis and they just drive me batty sometimes.  It's as if they have no reasoning capabilities whatsoever.  Everything they say say is regurgitated, vacuous platitudes.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 04:10:25 am »
I have a few pet peeves, but the one I will mention first is elitist, know-it-all, smarmy women typified by Elizabeth Warren.  Being a college prof, I have to work with women like this on a regular basis and they just drive me batty sometimes.  It's as if they have no reasoning capabilities whatsoever.  Everything they say say is regurgitated, vacuous platitudes.

Believe me! I KNOW what you are talking about!

But is isn't only women!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 05:17:53 am »

"How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man and I subtract reason and accountability!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 05:21:28 am »
"How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man and I subtract reason and accountability!"

Hey!  I resemble that remark!   :chairbang:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 05:38:27 am »
Hey!  I resemble that remark!   :chairbang:

You're an exceptional exception, dear.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 06:54:49 am »
You're an exceptional exception, dear.  :laugh:

You are a wise man.    :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »
People who interrupt you when you're in the middle of a task.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »
People who drive below the speed limit when the road is wide open and those behind have no chance to pass (this happens a lot on the winding country roads near our home).

Bad grammar and spelling; the excessive use of capital letters and exclamation points in online comments.  YOUR IGNORENT IF YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who have the floor and then don't get to the point, instead peppering their remarks with so many "y'knows" and "ums" that the listeners lose track of the subject.  This also relates to people at meetings who go off-topic and waste everyone's time. Few meetings should go longer than one hour, but all the chit-chat makes them stretch on and on interminably. (Church committee meetings come to mind).

People in stores who park their carts in the middle of aisles while they ponder their selections or engage in lengthy conversations with other people. This is commonplace in our small town, where it's impossible to go to Kroger without running into someone you know. Chit chat ensues.

Dishonesty of any type.

Smug self-righteousness, usually accompanied by sweeping baseless generalizations. 

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 01:32:12 pm »

People who have the floor and then don't get to the point, instead peppering their remarks with so many "y'knows" and "ums" that the listeners lose track of the subject.

Dishonesty of any type.

Smug self-righteousness, usually accompanied by sweeping baseless generalizations.

Hmmm.  I wonder how you must like the current POTUS?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 01:41:23 pm »
People who drive below the speed limit when the road is wide open and those behind have no chance to pass (this happens a lot on the winding country roads near our home).

Bad grammar and spelling; the excessive use of capital letters and exclamation points in online comments.  YOUR IGNORENT IF YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who have the floor and then don't get to the point, instead peppering their remarks with so many "y'knows" and "ums" that the listeners lose track of the subject.  This also relates to people at meetings who go off-topic and waste everyone's time. Few meetings should go longer than one hour, but all the chit-chat makes them stretch on and on interminably. (Church committee meetings come to mind).

People in stores who park their carts in the middle of aisles while they ponder their selections or engage in lengthy conversations with other people. This is commonplace in our small town, where it's impossible to go to Kroger without running into someone you know. Chit chat ensues.

Dishonesty of any type.

LOL!  Mountaineer....grouped together like that, they're not pet peeves.   That's what we call "life"!    :beer:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »
Hmmm.  I wonder how you must like the current POTUS?
Actually, I was thinking of the president of Mr. M's college as well as the Big Zero. Narcissistic, dishonest peas in a pod.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 01:49:48 pm »
PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESPOND TO MY PM's
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 02:05:21 pm »

LOL!   Perhaps, it's because you use all CAPS??   :laugh:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »

:beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
Questions about my pet peeves.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 09:53:26 pm »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 10:08:17 pm »
Questions about my pet peeves.

People who come up with snarky responses, especially when the response is one I wish I had made.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 11:48:09 pm »
People who come up with snarky responses, especially when the response is one I wish I had made.

This buds for you (the beer – not the other!)  :beer:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:48:37 pm by aligncare »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 03:04:04 am »
1. is the "ugh". Everything is ugh. It is not an emergency, it is Ugh-mergency. it is not immediate, it is ugh-mediate. I hear this on the radio all the time. Every single word that starts with a vowel becomes 'ugh'. Drives me crazy. I actually applaud when I hear someone say the word right, which is very rare.

2. How about the guy who pulls into the Left land at a red stop light. So we all sit through the red light together until it turn green. And as soon as the light turns green, he puts on his left turn signal. What the hell is wrong with you? Couldn't you have let me know you were turning Left? Now I am stuck through another light waiting for this guy to turn because everyone with any sense is in the right lane, where I would have been had I known, and passing me. AAAAAAArrrgh!

Listening to the news this week. Apparently ugh-legal aliens is an ugh-motional argument. It is all just one big ex-spearmint. We are done as a country. 75% of Americans can't even speak English. Where do we go from here, except into the toilet.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2014, 01:45:59 pm »
Single women.

But that's a LONG story!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2014, 04:57:19 pm »
I refuse to adopt any pet whose name rhymes with Jeeves!