Author Topic: ISIS video claims beheading of US hostage  (Read 668 times)

rangerrebew

ISIS video claims beheading of US hostage
« on: November 16, 2014, 11:08:14 am »
Graphic IS video claims US aid worker beheaded

Associated Press
By DIAA HADID
46 minutes ago

BEIRUT (AP) — The Islamic State group released a graphic video Sunday in which a black-clad militant claims to have beheaded U.S. aid worker Peter Kassig, who was captured last year.

The militant was standing over a severed head, but it was not immediately possible to confirm that Kassig, 26, was pictured in the video. Family representatives were not immediately available for comment.

The video, which was posted on websites used by the group in the past, appeared to be the latest in a series of grisly messages to the U.S. warning of further brutality if it does not abandon its air campaign in Iraq and Syria.

"This is Peter Edward Kassig, a U.S. citizen, of your country; Peter who fought against the Muslims in Iraq, while serving as a soldier," the militant says near the end of the nearly 16-minute video. He speaks in an audible British accent despite his voice being distorted to make it more difficult to identify him.

The video also shows what appears to be the mass beheading of several Syrian soldiers captured by the group. The militants warn that U.S. soldiers will meet a similar fate.

Kassig, a U.S. Army Ranger, was providing medical aid to Syrians fleeing the country's civil war when he was captured inside Syria on Oct. 1, 2013. His friends say he converted to Islam in captivity and took the first name Abdul-Rahman.

The video identifies the militant's location as Dabiq, a small town in the northern Syrian province of Aleppo, near the Turkish border.

Previous videos have shown the beheading of two American journalists and two British aid workers. The latest video did not show the person identified as Kassig being beheaded.

Kassig formed the aid organization Special Emergency Response and Assistance, or SERA, in Turkey to provide aid and assistance to Syrian refugees. He began delivering food and medical supplies to Syrian refugee camps in 2012 and is also a trained medical assistant who provided trauma care to injured Syrian civilians and helped train 150 civilians in providing medical aid.

The militant Islamic State group has beheaded and shot dead hundreds of captives -- mainly Syrian and Iraqi soldiers -- during its sweep across the two countries, and has celebrated mass killings in a series of slickly produced but extremely graphic videos.

The group has declared an Islamic caliphate in the areas under its control in Syria and Iraq, which it governs according to a harsh version of Shariah law.

The U.S. began launching air strikes in Iraq and Syria earlier this year in a bid to halt the group's rapid advance and eventually degrade and destroy it.

http://news.yahoo.com/graphic-video-claims-us-aid-worker-beheaded-092630290.html
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:09:12 am by rangerrebew »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 01:57:36 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/international/224305-isis-video-claims-beheading-of-american

By Kyle Balluck - 11/16/14 06:21 AM EST
The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) on Sunday claimed in a video that it has beheaded American hostage Peter Kassig, according to multiple reports.

The 26-year-old former Army Ranger, who moved to the Middle East to provide humanitarian aid, was known as Abdul-Rahman Kassig after he converted to Islam.
U.S. intelligence officials are working to determine the video’s authenticity, National Security Council spokesperson Bernadette Meehan said in a statement.

"If confirmed, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American aid worker and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends," she added.

British Prime Minister David Cameron said on Twitter that he was “horrified by the cold blooded murder of Abdul-Rahman Kassig.”

“ISIL have again shown their depravity,” he said, using an alternate acronym for the terror group. “My thoughts are with his family.”

The video’s release comes as America’s top military official arrived for a surprise in Iraq for the first time since the U.S. launched a campaign against the extremist group ISIS.

Army General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is visiting with U.S. troops on the ground as advisers to Iraqi forces. He reportedly met with Iraq’s prime minister.

ISIS, which captured Kassig on Oct. 1, 2013, threatened Kassig when they released a video of the beheading of British aid worker Alan Henning. ISIS reportedly gave the U.S. an October deadline to cease bombing the group, or Kassig would be killed.

Kassig’s parents in October released a letter from their son in which he said he was “pretty scared to die” but took comfort that he was trying to “alleviate suffering.”

"I am obviously pretty scared to die but the hardest part is not knowing, wondering, hoping, and wondering if I should even hope at all," Kassig wrote.

"If I do die, I figure that at least you and I can seek refuge and comfort in knowing that I went out as a result of trying to alleviate suffering and helping those in need," he continued.

Kassig’s parents, Ed and Paula, had pleaded with ISIS to release their son.

"We implore his captors to show mercy and use their power to let our son go,” they each said in a video last month.

“We are aware of the news reports being circulated about our treasured son and are waiting for confirmation from the government as to the authenticity of these reports," Kassig's parents said in a statement early Sunday. "We will have no other statement at this time and ask that you please respect our privacy."

“The family respectfully asks that the news media avoid playing into the hostage takers’ hands and refrain from publishing or broadcasting photographs or video distributed by the hostage takers. We prefer our son is written about and remembered for his important work and the love he shared with friends and family, not in the manner the hostage takers would use to manipulate Americans and further their cause,” the added

--This report was updated at 8:39 a.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: ISIS video claims beheading of US hostage
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:08:53 pm »
Seems like begging ISIS to spare your son's life automatically hastens their beheading - AND it seems that converting to Islam and going there to be a humanitarian puts you on the fast track to beheading.

Souless minions of Satan.

Lord please help up send these demons back to the burning pits of Hell for eternity!
Amen.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:19:54 pm »
Words fail.  May his soul have a special place.  :patriot:

Meanwhile, here at home many Americans yawn and wonder about their fantasy football team.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 02:23:05 pm »
If I said something it would be something I shouldn't say and especially so just before heading out to Church this morning.

:#@$%: :#@$%: :#@$%:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 03:01:45 pm »

I think Jihad Johnny had to show us he was still alive...
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 11:34:30 pm »

Ed and Paula Kassig, parents of Peter Kassig, reflect as a funeral prayers were held for their son in the mosque at Al-Huda Foundation in Fishers, Indianapolis
...   The Muslim community in Indianapolis rallied around the Kassigs, participating in prayer vigils and rallies urging his captors to follow the Quran's teachings that prohibit Muslims from killing other Muslims.

Their support continued Friday, five days after the White House confirmed Kassig's death.

"What happened to Abdul-Rahman is beyond comprehension. It is barbaric. But it is not Islamic. It is against Islam," al-Yaqoubi told those gathered Friday.  ...
**nononono*

full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 10:54:15 am »

Ed and Paula Kassig, parents of Peter Kassig, reflect as a funeral prayers were held for their son in the mosque at Al-Huda Foundation in Fishers, Indianapolis **nononono*

full story

I could puke.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.