Author Topic: Nik Wallenda: Chicago tightrope walk will make 'incredible postcard'  (Read 539 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-nik-wallenda-chicago-tightrope-walk-20141030-story.html

At his training facility in Sarasota, Fla., daredevil Nik Wallenda is training five hours a day to top himself. And when you consider his last stunt involved walking a tightrope across a portion of the Grand Canyon, that's no small feat.

But he's going to attempt it anyway on Nov. 2, when the tightrope walker will perform a two-part stunt between skyscrapers in Chicago.

For the first part, Wallenda will walk a tightrope approximately 600 feet in the air at a 15-degree angle across the Chicago River between Marina City's west tower and the Leo Burnett Building. Then Wallenda will return to the west tower to walk another tightrope between the west tower and the east tower of Marina City blindfolded.

"I'm confident this will make an incredible postcard," he said.

The entire event is to be broadcast live on Discovery as "Skyscraper Live with Nik Wallenda."

Offline flowers

Re: Nik Wallenda: Chicago tightrope walk will make 'incredible postcard'
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:29:49 pm »
Anyone here going to watch? I watched his last walk on TV.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 04:42:51 pm »
Hmmmmmm....the only thing this tells me is that even the Wallendas won't walk the streets of Chicago.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:16:04 pm »
Hmmmmmm....the only thing this tells me is that even the Wallendas won't walk the streets of Chicago.   :whistle:
:silly: