Author Topic: Cruz: If We Nominate Another Dole, McCain or Romney "Millions Of People Will Stay Home"  (Read 3321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/10/30/cruz_if_we_nominate_another_dole_mccain_or_romney_millions_of_people_will_stay_home.html

Posted on October 30, 2014
Cruz: If We Nominate Another Dole, McCain or Romney "Millions Of People Will Stay Home"

SEN. TED CRUZ (R-Texas): Listen, I think the central question for 2016 is how do we win, because there is an urgency, the stakes have never been higher. And I think eight more years down this road would risk doing irreparable damage to the greatest nation in the history of the world. The only way for Republicans to win, I believe, is to run a candidate who runs as a strong conservative with a positive optimistic, hopeful message.

QUESTION: Is Jeb Bush too far left?

TED CRUZ: Listen, I am going to. Jeb has not declared his candidacy, I like Jeb. I'm a fan of Jeb Bush's, I'm going to let him decide if he is running first, and let the primary voters make a decision, but I will say this:

We need to learn from history; we need to look to history, what works and what doesn't. One thing is clear: If Republicans run another candidate in the mold of a Bob Dole or a John McCain or a Mitt Romney, let me be clear, all three of those are good honest men, decent men, they are patriots, but if we run another candidate in the mold of a Bob Dole or a John McCain or a Mitt Romney, we will end up with the same result, which is millions of people will stay home on Election Day. And if we run another candidate like that, Hillary Clinton will be president.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Right as rain!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

If the GOP nominates Ted Cruz, we will lose 40 states.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah! Right!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Here's a prediction:  Ted Cruz will never be nominated by the GOP, much less win the presidency.

And if Sarah Palin attempts a political comeback, she will lose, no matter where she runs.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Here's a prediction:  Ted Cruz will never be nominated by the GOP, much less win the presidency.

And if Sarah Palin attempts a political comeback, she will lose, no matter where she runs.

Lots of folks making predictions these days. Like this one most of them are totally worthless!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And if they nominate Lindsey Graham, they'll lose 49. (He'll probably still win South Carolina, as the ignorami down there have already shown.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't know about that, but I wasn't considering it as I read the article.  This isn't binary, it's not a choice between a Jeb Bush and a Ted Cruz.  There are a lot of electable people in between that are going to come out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline speekinout

I don't think many people want to elect another one term Senator who has no management experience and no governing experience. We tried that, and it didn't work out so well. Cruz & Paul should work on beefing up their resumes before they decide to run for President.

Online Right_in_Virginia

So...who you're pulling for.... Jebbie?

Offline MACVSOG68

And if they nominate Lindsey Graham, they'll lose 49. (He'll probably still win South Carolina, as the ignorami down there have already shown.)

Ignorami in SC who vote for Graham?  You want to back track that one?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline kevindavis007

I don't think many people want to elect another one term Senator who has no management experience and no governing experience. We tried that, and it didn't work out so well. Cruz & Paul should work on beefing up their resumes before they decide to run for President.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline evadR

What about the other 7?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Bang on. There are a few things that could be fixed about the current system. Personally, I'd like to see presidential candidates that have been 2 term governors (two terms to show they can do a good enough job to get re-elected) and at least a single term in either the house or the senate to learn the ropes. Covers both the what you know and the who you know aspects of the job, and shows they can apply what they know.

While we are on wish lists - how about actual public exams for any functionary? They do it in Italy - you don't just get hired or appointed, you have to actually prove your chops in theoretical and practical settings in order to become a federal worker in the first place.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

Jeb Bush would be a good nominee because he speaks the language of the fastest growing population in the United States: Hispanics. He could cross over in those border states. He may win California which has the largest population of Hispanics. He speaks Spanish fluently not choppy like other candidates. He could do campaign commercials in Spanish fluently. He can go on Telemundo or any other of those Spanish stations and do interviews without the use of a translator. He regularly communicates with his wife who is a Latina in Spanish. He may be the only candidate that can beat La Raza at their own game.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:51:41 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
With respect to those here - who do not do that sort of foolishness - being fluent in a second language can be a disadvantage. Just off the top of my head, GWB has more than basic Mexicana and he was pilloried for it by conservatives. Rick Perry's ability to speak Mexicana was a point of suspicion in the '12 primaries. And you remember that Mitt Romney's fluent French was a sticking point with some people.

On Jeb Bush as President, I have no real opinion apart from a general but emphatic distaste for political dynasties. Don't know enough about him to have formed a real opinion yet as to his fitness - say if his last name was Clarke, not Bush.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

Bang on. There are a few things that could be fixed about the current system. Personally, I'd like to see presidential candidates that have been 2 term governors (two terms to show they can do a good enough job to get re-elected) and at least a single term in either the house or the senate to learn the ropes. Covers both the what you know and the who you know aspects of the job, and shows they can apply what they know.

While we are on wish lists - how about actual public exams for any functionary? They do it in Italy - you don't just get hired or appointed, you have to actually prove your chops in theoretical and practical settings in order to become a federal worker in the first place.

Good post.

Some of our stunningly illiterate politicians are a national embarrassment. And yet, you keep getting reelected Joe Biden, Sheila Jackson Lee.

Offline MACVSOG68

With respect to those here - who do not do that sort of foolishness - being fluent in a second language can be a disadvantage. Just off the top of my head, GWB has more than basic Mexicana and he was pilloried for it by conservatives. Rick Perry's ability to speak Mexicana was a point of suspicion in the '12 primaries. And you remember that Mitt Romney's fluent French was a sticking point with some people.

On Jeb Bush as President, I have no real opinion apart from a general but emphatic distaste for political dynasties. Don't know enough about him to have formed a real opinion yet as to his fitness - say if his last name was Clarke, not Bush.

Well I'll just have to disagree on that point.  As a member of the South Carolina ignorami, I believe the so-called conservatives you refer to will just have to suck it up.  BTW, the language is called Spanish.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

I don't know about that, but I wasn't considering it as I read the article.  This isn't binary, it's not a choice between a Jeb Bush and a Ted Cruz.  There are a lot of electable people in between that are going to come out.

Best comment on the thread.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Like the fools in other states, they reelect the guy who brings home the bacon.

Politics is all about "me" these days, and Lindsey gets his mug on TV a lot.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Jeb Bush would be a good nominee because he speaks the language of the fastest growing population in the United States: Hispanics. He could cross over in those border states. He may win California which has the largest population of Hispanics. He speaks Spanish fluently not choppy like other candidates. He could do campaign commercials in Spanish fluently. He can go on Telemundo or any other of those Spanish stations and do interviews without the use of a translator. He regularly communicates with his wife who is a Latina in Spanish. He may be the only candidate that can beat La Raza at their own game.

If Jeb Bush winds up as the Nominee of the Republican Party I will vote third party for the fist time in my life!

SURELY we can do better than that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

If Jeb Bush winds up as the Nominee of the Republican Party I will vote third party for the fist time in my life!

SURELY we can do better than that!
No you won't.
You'll hold your nose like the rest of us and pull the lever.

Surely we CAN do better, but will we??....that is always the question.
This is going to be interesting.

I say Scott Walker wins his election and then runs to become the next POTUS.

Offline evadR

...or maybe Ben Carson really does decide to run.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No you won't.
You'll hold your nose like the rest of us and pull the lever.

Surely we CAN do better, but will we??....that is always the question.
This is going to be interesting.

I say Scott Walker wins his election and then runs to become the next POTUS.

No Sir! I will not!

Scott Walker and Rick Perry ARE my short list at this point in time!

- J. R. R. Tolkien