Author Topic: Charlie Rangel Says Some Republicans 'Believe That Slavery Isn't Over'  (Read 673 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.businessinsider.com/charlie-rangel-some-republicans-believe-that-slavery-isnt-over-2014-10

Charlie Rangel Says Some Republicans 'Believe That Slavery Isn't Over'

Colin Campbell

Oct. 30, 2014, 7:54 PM

Veteran Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) had some harsh words for the Republican Party during a Thursday campaign rally for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D).

As he has done repeatedly before, Rangel compared some members of the GOP to confederates from the Civil War era. But at the Thursday evening event, he added that they "believe that slavery isn't over."

"We have to win. We have to be able to send a national message with Andrew Cuomo. And the thing is: Everything we believe in — everything we believe in — they hate. They don't disagree — they hate! They think if you didn't come from Europe 30 years ago, you didn't even make it. Some of them believe that slavery isn't over and they and think they won the Civil War!" Rangel shouted.

In contrast, Rangel said the Democratic Party is doing "God's work" on issues important to the American people.

"And so what we have to do is send a collective voice," he said of the upcoming midterm elections. "Everything we're doing is God's work: education, healthcare, affordable housing, [protecting against] discrimination, paying people the minimum wage."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Charlie Rangel Says Some Republicans 'Believe That Slavery Isn't Over'
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:28 pm »
DCPatriot says Charlie Rangel can kiss my ass...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:23:26 pm »

Charlie's just talking his book...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »
Charlie can still talk? Who knew???
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:49:12 pm »
Charlie can still talk? Who knew???

Charlie Rangel still talks out of his rump.  It is the Democrats who keep Blacks chained to the plantation of poverty, ignorance and crime.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 12:15:15 am »
Having thus far been unable to achieve reparations for slavery from white people whose great-great grandfathers never even knew a person who owned a slave, Charlie Rangel and his ilk now demand a right to raid the public Treasury on the theory that the mere accusation of "racism" unquestionably justifies government-sanctioned theft. If you disagree, you are guilty of "hate", and a presumed supporter of slavery.

I imagine Abraham Lincoln, performing subterranean cartwheels.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline speekinout

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 03:53:59 am »
Charlie Rangel is just another one who never learned history. Slavery of blacks ended in this country in the 1860's. My ancestors came here from Ireland as indentured servants in the early 1900's. Ireland is Europe, and indentured servants were slaves (ok, they did have a future date for freedom, but still…)
Don't I deserve reparations, too?  :laugh:

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »
You're safe, Charlie. No one ever enslaved pond scum.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »
Charlie Rangel is just another one who never learned history. Slavery of blacks ended in this country in the 1860's. My ancestors came here from Ireland as indentured servants in the early 1900's. Ireland is Europe, and indentured servants were slaves (ok, they did have a future date for freedom, but still…)
Don't I deserve reparations, too?  :laugh:

Slavery in this country began with a black slave owner.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/the-first-legal-slave-owner-in-what-would-become-the-united-states-was-a-black-man/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:30:51 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 04:39:39 pm »
He is right. Slavery is in fact not over.

Slavery is alive and well in Africa. There are more Blacks living in slavery today in Africa under other Blacks, than there ever was in the United States.

If Rangel wants to talk about slavery, he should start with what he calls his motherland, and leave us, who are three or four generations out from slavery, the hell alone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 06:26:43 pm »

If Rangel wants to talk about slavery, he should start with what he calls his motherland, and leave us, who are three or four generations out from slavery, the hell alone.

There's slavery in Puerto Rico?

Who knew?

:tongue2:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »
Please identify these people who believe slavery of black folk isn't over, Charlie. Name names.

What a maroon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org