Author Topic: Rick Santorum on Why We May Be 'One Generation Away' From Christian Persecution in America  (Read 1130 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Rick Santorum on Why We May Be 'One Generation Away' From Christian Persecution in America
By Vincent Funaro

Rick Santorum recently stopped by CP Voice to discuss a new documentary he helped produce titled "One Generation Away" which deals with the perceived erosion of religious freedom in America.

The 2012 Republican presidential candidate believes that if Christians don't fight for their religious freedom in America they could risk turning this country into a place that persecutes them.

"If we don't nip it here, then things get a lot worse," said Santorum to CP Voice. "It starts with a gradual erosion, you don't usually go from 0 to 60 in a few days when it comes to religious persecution. It's something that grows over time."

He used the example of pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Nazi Germany who served in the nation that gradually went from a sophisticated, Christian country to a place that persecuted Jews and Christians fighting for freedom from Hitler's totalitarian regime. Bonhoeffer chose to speak out during the beginning of the rise of the Nazi party and eventually lost his life when things in the country drastically changed in just 10 years' time.

"The idea of Jews and Christians being not just persecuted, but put to death like Bonhoeffer himself was, was unfathomable," he said. "You wonder sometimes well why didn't the Jews see this and move? It was unfathomable to them that in a country like [Germany] that could happen. Same thing here, you think it's just impossible for that to happen in America. And maybe it is.

more at:   http://www.christianpost.com/news/rick-santorum-on-why-we-may-be-one-generation-away-from-christian-persecution-in-america-128876/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

What a bullshit artist.   :smokin:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This guy needs to join a missionary somewhere without cell phones or television---and stay there for two years.

Offline mountaineer

Apart from namecalling, please explain your disagreement with his premise.
Having visited the place where Bonhoeffer was executed, I'm trying to evaluate what Santorum said, not just make a kneejerk ad hominem.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:18:27 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Apart from namecalling, please explain your disagreement with his premise.
Having visited the place where Bonhoeffer was executed, I'm trying to evaluate what Santorum said, not just make a kneejerk ad hominem.
The term "religious freedom" as applied by the current right wing religious crowd is misleading.

They DO HAVE the right to practice their religious beliefs, among themselves.

They should NOT be able impose their beliefs on others. Example they want their belief imposed so a female would be required by law, to give birth to the product of rape or incest; a belief widely opposed in America.

They want religious tyranny, not unlike the practices of the Inquisition in Spain, Italy and France whereby the Catholic Church dominated, and ruled over others including Jews and protestants.

These narrow viewed people declare that if you don't believe as they do, you are NOT a Christian.  That is hardly the Religious Liberty they rant about.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:00:42 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

if Christians don't fight for their religious freedom in America they could risk turning this country into a place that persecutes them.
Do you agree or disagree with his allegation? Would you agree if "Christians" and "religious freedom" was replaced with "gunowners" and "Second Amendment rights"? How about "landowners" and "property rights"?

Your response still doesn't address what Santorum said, it only makes broad generalizations about some bogeyman known as the "right wing religious crowd."

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
As usual, a lib can dish it out, but can't take it.  Running to the mods when someone calls out your hypocrisy is so lame.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As usual, a lib can dish it out, but can't take it.  Running to the mods when someone calls out your hypocrisy is so lame.
I ran to the moderator because of your use of profanity. Can't you control yourself, your anger?

Try putting forth some actual arguments, not just profanity and name calling. It will benefit your side, and people will think you are brighter. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I removed the offensive post.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

As long as Rick doesn't take himself too seriously and knows a run would be an audition for a position opportunity in the next administration.

We need someone who can speak about 'certain' basic morality in government and its current leadership and membership.  Working for the betterment of our country.  From the heart.  That's Rick.

So long as he doesn't venture into abortion and homosexuality and women's issues, I'd like to hear his message.  Certainly more interesting than Huckabee. 

Geesh...can you imagine the BOTH of them up there on the podium again?  Shoot me now!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

I don't know, DC. I kind a like that 'ole bass playing Huckster. Serious.

Now, would I want to see him president? Well, no. But, still. He's kind of fun to have around at parties.

Online DCPatriot

I don't know, DC. I kind a like that 'ole bass playing Huckster. Serious.

Now, would I want to see him president? Well, no. But, still. He's kind of fun to have around at parties.

I hope he snaps back to reality and sees himself as voice of Conservatism who's in the entertainment business.

We need a candidate attractive to women and freedom-loving yutes.

Offline speekinout

I hope he snaps back to reality and sees himself as voice of Conservatism who's in the entertainment business.

We need a candidate attractive to women and freedom-loving yutes.

I'd like to see a competent candidate. We seem to elect only attractive people, but that's not good for the country. George Clooney is cute, and could probably get a lot of votes, but I don't think I'd like to see him in a position of power. We need to seriously think about what qualifications matter most. Attractive is way down my list.

Offline mountaineer

Santorum annoys me, irrespective of whether or not I agree with him. I shouldn't be that way, because it's no better than those who grouse about Palin's voice.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ The 2012 Republican presidential candidate believes that if Christians don't fight for their religious freedom in America they could risk turning this country into a place that persecutes them.
"If we don't nip it here, then things get a lot worse," said Santorum to CP Voice. "It starts with a gradual erosion, you don't usually go from 0 to 60 in a few days when it comes to religious persecution. It's something that grows over time." ]]

He's right. (whether you like Santorum, or not)

What more is there to say?

Online DCPatriot

Santorum annoys me, irrespective of whether or not I agree with him. I shouldn't be that way, because it's no better than those who grouse about Palin's voice.

LOL!   I feel like we're at an AA meeting.  We all have our own pet peeves and prejudices regarding politicos in our Party.

I can't help that 'Candidate' Huckabee would be a disaster for the GOP, but yet his message is optimistic.  Just thinking from a marketing standpoint, his virtuousness borders on obnoxious and highbrow.  Yet corny.

No thanks.

Others truly hate Palin's speaking style.  Santorum has to lose the sweaters and stop looking like Richie Cunningham.

I want a man's man.

Offline speekinout

I want a man's man.

I remember years ago when there were discussions about whether people admired John Wayne or Alan Alda more. It sounds like you would have been a John Wayne fan.  :whistle: