Author Topic: North Carolina Bans Guns at State Fair; Two People Get Robbed at Gunpoint  (Read 446 times)

rangerrebew

North Carolina Bans Guns at State Fair; Two People Get Robbed at Gunpoint

Posted on October 31, 2014 by Philip Hodges — 0 Comments   

Without guns at state fair, people get robbed.

A judge had ruled against allowing firearms at the North Carolina state fair, and what do you know, a couple people ended up getting robbed at gunpoint.

Apparently, North Carolina had just passed a law that expanded concealed carry rights, and some argued that the judge violated that law by prohibiting concealed carriers from being able to defend themselves. Whether their local law was violated or not, what we know for a fact is that the 2nd Amendment was violated, and that’s what matters most.

The Blaze reported:

It would be “unwise and imprudent” to allow concealed weapons at the state fair, Wake County Superior Court judge Donald Stephens said earlier this month as he ruled against allowing concealed firearms at the event.

[…]

In the robbery, which police said occurred around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, two people walking back to their car from the fair were accosted by men in a tan or cream-colored Lincoln car, who brandished handguns and took the victims’ wallets.

[…]

Opponents of the gun ban blamed Stephens and other officials for the robbery — and claimed that the ban was illegal in the first place.

“By announcing to violent predators that people attending the North Carolina state fair would be unable to protect themselves, the responsibility for this armed robbery of fair-goers lies squarely with Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler, who illegally banned concealed at the fair, and…Stephens, who willfully misinterpreted the law to impose his own worldview,” Paul Valone, president of Grass Roots North Carolina, told Guns.com.

Valone had argued the case in front of Stephens that the state fair gun ban violated a law passed by the state legislature that expanded concealed carry rights, and Stephens acknowledged that allowing concealed weapons ”may chill crime,” but he upheld the ban regardless.

“As we’ve seen time and again, gun-free zones are dangerous places for law-abiding citizens,” Valone said, commenting on Saturday’s armed robbery.

Does this mean that if there had been no ban, that everyone would be carrying concealed, including these people who were robbed? No. But if everyone knew that concealed carriers would be there, perhaps these robbers wouldn’t have bothered. They’d have found some gun-free zone to target.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/8228/north-carolina-bans-guns-state-fair-two-people-get-robbed-gunpoint/#S8JqD55oyPpTvQD6.99

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Gun-free zones are hunting preserves for psychopaths and sociopaths.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Gun-free zones are hunting preserves for psychopaths and sociopaths.

Ain't that the truth!

I have a permit to carry and if I choose to carry where it says not to, it's no one's business but my own, unless I would have to use it - then I'll be glad to have broken the rules!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ain't that the truth!

I have a permit to carry and if I choose to carry where it says not to, it's no one's business but my own, unless I would have to use it - then I'll be glad to have broken the rules!

...as will all the survivors.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
...as will all the survivors.   :laugh:

Hopefully so. :laugh:

Happy Halloween!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!