Author Topic: Cruz: If We Nominate Another Dole, McCain or Romney "Millions Of People Will Stay Home"  (Read 428 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Cruz: If We Nominate Another Dole, McCain or Romney "Millions Of People Will Stay Home"

SEN. TED CRUZ (R-Texas): Listen, I think the central question for 2016 is how do we win, because there is an urgency, the stakes have never been higher. And I think eight more years down this road would risk doing irreparable damage to the greatest nation in the history of the world. The only way for Republicans to win, I believe, is to run a candidate who runs as a strong conservative with a positive optimistic, hopeful message.

QUESTION: Is Jeb Bush too far left?

TED CRUZ: Listen, I am going to. Jeb has not declared his candidacy, I like Jeb. I'm a fan of Jeb Bush's, I'm going to let him decide if he is running first, and let the primary voters make a decision, but I will say this:

We need to learn from history; we need to look to history, what works and what doesn't. One thing is clear: If Republicans run another candidate in the mold of a Bob Dole or a John McCain or a Mitt Romney, let me be clear, all three of those are good honest men, decent men, they are patriots, but if we run another candidate in the mold of a Bob Dole or a John McCain or a Mitt Romney, we will end up with the same result, which is millions of people will stay home on Election Day. And if we run another candidate like that, Hillary Clinton will be president.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/10/30/cruz_if_we_nominate_another_dole_mccain_or_romney_millions_of_people_will_stay_home.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That's one of the things I like about Cruz - he gets to the point and speaks the truth.  He is right about this. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

Someone with the guts to say what is obvious.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.