Author Topic: Charles Barkley: ‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Successful Black Men Down  (Read 940 times)

Offline mrclose

Video of the GREAT Sir Charles at link.

Charles Barkley: ‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Successful Black Men Down

NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley spoke candidly about the problems facing the black community when appearing on a Philadelphia radio station, accusing “unintelligent,” “brainwashed” African-Americans of keeping successful ones down.

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/charles-barkley-unintelligent-blacks-brainwashed-to-keep-successful-black-men-down-video/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When I was a kid, a Black woman worked for my mother and my mother paid her well. She dressed nice. She bought a new TV. She had a good life.

One day a gang of Black people in her neighborhood burst into her home and smashed everything. According to her, they stole some of the things but what they did not steal they smashed and destroyed. They said she was getting to be uppity, and too White. And they were there to fix it.

Sorry Mr. Barkley, what you are describing is not 'brainwashing', it is Black culture through and through. And it has been since the 60's and the revolution.

When one Black person becomes successful, it breaks down the wall of 'victimization' that so many Black people hide behind. And they will not allow that to happen.

It is not the White man who is keeping the Black man down.
It is the Black people who is keepin' da Black man down.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Charles Barkley: ‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Successful Black Men Down [VIDEO]

Posted By Alex Griswold On 11:13 AM 10/25/2014 In | No Comments

NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley spoke candidly about the problems facing the black community when appearing on a Philadelphia radio station, accusing “unintelligent,” “brainwashed” African-Americans of keeping successful ones down.

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

[h/t Bias Breakdown]

Follow Alex Griswold on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/charles-barkley-unintelligent-blacks-brainwashed-to-keep-successful-black-men-down-video/

Offline mountaineer

The type of criticism you describe, 240B, is incredibly ignorant, but what was said about Wilson by his own teammates who depend on him and must support him for the good of the team is downright bizarre. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MACVSOG68

Blacks are beginning to see that after six years of Obama, they are worse off than before he came into office.  So far most of them are buying into the meme that white Republicans are holding them down, but every time they see a successful black, it has to start putting a little doubt into even the most brainwashed among them.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

Sorry Mr. Barkley, what you are describing is not 'brainwashing', it is Black culture through and through. And it has been since the 60's and the revolution.

When one Black person becomes successful, it breaks down the wall of 'victimization' that so many Black people hide behind. And they will not allow that to happen.

It is not the White man who is keeping the Black man down.
It is the Black people who is keepin' da Black man down.

Could not agree more! Except for the part where you parody the language skills of the under-educated or regional black dialect.

I'm not trying to be politically correct here. It's just that I implicate government schools more than the black community for underserving their educational needs.

Offline mountaineer

It's just that I implicate government schools more than the black community for underserving their educational needs.
Absolutely. The other day, a Steelers DB named Mitchell was interviewed and, apparently, startled the ESPN boys with his proper use of English to the point where they actually commented on it. What a sad thing that we're shocked when a black man - especially an athlete - speaks intelligently and coherently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Absolutely. The other day, a Steelers DB named Mitchell was interviewed and, apparently, startled the ESPN boys with his proper use of English to the point where they actually commented on it. What a sad thing that we're shocked when a black man - especially an athlete - speaks intelligently and coherently.

Why are you surprised?  Harry Reid opened that can of worms speaking about Obama.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The story I described is a true story. It happened in the late 70s.

As far as the dialect goes, I only put it that way because that is the way it is most commonly said, or the way I have most commonly heard it said. Because the people who keep using that phrase, i.e., Al Sharpton, speak in that manner. They say it that way, as far as I understand, to 'keep it real', as they say. Keepin' it real', as far as I understand the term, means to not be too intelligent, or too White.

No offense was intended.

P.S. The end of the story is the lady quit her job because she didn't want any more trouble. I do not know what happened to her after that.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:44:20 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.