Author Topic: Hillary: 'Don't Let Anybody Tell You' That 'Businesses Create Jobs'  (Read 1624 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/10/24/Hillary-Dont-Let-Anybody-Tell-You-That-Businesses-Create-Jobs

on Breitbart TV 24 Oct 2014, 3:12 PM PDT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyUoCiWsTfI

Appearing at a Boston rally for Democrat gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley on Friday, Hillary Clinton told the crowd gathered at the Park Plaza Hotel not to listen to anybody who says that “businesses create jobs.”

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

“You know, one of the things my husband says when people say ‘Well, what did you bring to Washington,’ he said, ‘Well, I brought arithmetic,’” Clinton said, which elicited loud laughs from the crowd.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Hillary: 'Don't Let Anybody Tell You' That 'Businesses Create Jobs'
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:43:11 am »
Don't let anyone tell you that the government creates anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:56:59 am »
I'm actually shocked she'd say this. Despite her many, glaring, manipulative, unethical, murderous, and downright evil flaws, Hillary is not a stupid woman. And that is one hell of a stupid statement.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 02:10:02 am »

I guess she's going for Elizabeth Warren's supporters!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:12:19 am »
I'm actually shocked she'd say this. Despite her many, glaring, manipulative, unethical, murderous, and downright evil flaws, Hillary is not a stupid woman. And that is one hell of a stupid statement.

Yes it is!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »
Keep in mind this is the same woman who once said “We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.”

Beneath her veneer of moderation, she is a dyed-in-the-wool Marxist.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 02:05:51 pm »

The government's job should be to create and maintain a level playing field, and let consumers, producers and labor reach equilibrium.  More often than not, when the government steps in, it upsets the market equilibrium, and does more harm than good to the economy.   
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 03:38:53 pm »
The government's job should be to create and maintain a level playing field, and let consumers, producers and labor reach equilibrium.  More often than not, when the government steps in, it upsets the market equilibrium, and does more harm than good to the economy.
That's where all the trouble begins. The government should be involved in little more then national defense and protecting the constitution

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »
That's where all the trouble begins. The government should be involved in little more then national defense and protecting the constitution

I disagree.  Monopolies do nothing positive for society.  A handful of people can destroy an entire market-based system without some controls to ensure all participants can reasonably compete.   Accurate disclosure is essential to trust in the stock market.  Insider trading cannot be permitted.  Banks have been notorious for losing depositors funds on garbage investing.  Unions can destroy a company or even an industry through intimidation.  These things can easily destroy a market without some government controls.  Problem is, the government can and more often than not does overdo it, picking winners and losers, going way past maintaining a level playing field.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »

I agree with this but wonder who gets to decide what "level" is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:44 pm »

The federal government should be involved in those things assigned to it by the Constitution and nothing else!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 05:10:48 pm »
I agree with this but wonder who gets to decide what "level" is!

That's the problem.  While a level playing field is essential to healthy economic growth, lawmakers on both sides of the political spectrum have sometimes favored one group over another, thus exacerbating what was already a problem.  It's certainly happening now in response to the 2007-08 recession. 

But ignoring a growing problem can also be problematic, as both the lead-up to the depression and the recent recession showed.  FDR in looking to correct some of the systemic problems leading to the depression decided more was better than less in regulating a struggling economy.  Democrats have been doing the same thing since the recent crash. 

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 05:33:43 pm »
I disagree.  Monopolies do nothing positive for society.  A handful of people can destroy an entire market-based system without some controls to ensure all participants can reasonably compete.   Accurate disclosure is essential to trust in the stock market.  Insider trading cannot be permitted.  Banks have been notorious for losing depositors funds on garbage investing.  Unions can destroy a company or even an industry through intimidation.  These things can easily destroy a market without some government controls.  Problem is, the government can and more often than not does overdo it, picking winners and losers, going way past maintaining a level playing field.

A free market is a free market. Once the govt gets involved in controlling, regulating or minipulating it is no longer a free market. I don't accept a premise that it takes government involvement to avoid monopolies or abuses.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »
A free market is a free market. Once the govt gets involved in controlling, regulating or minipulating it is no longer a free market. I don't accept a premise that it takes government involvement to avoid monopolies or abuses.

Who's involvement do you recommend to avoid monopolies and abuses?

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:15 pm »
Like I said already, a free market is a free market. Why would you think monopolies and abuses are an unavoidable outcome of free markets? Interventions and minipulations by a corrupt govt are far more subject to abuses than a free market

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »
Like I said already, a free market is a free market. Why would you think monopolies and abuses are an unavoidable outcome of free markets? Interventions and minipulations by a corrupt govt are far more subject to abuses than a free market

And a monopoly relates to a free market...how?

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »
Yes. Precisely. That is my question to you. You seem to think a monopoly is the necessary result of a lack of govt minipulation.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 07:53:42 pm »
Government has created far more monopolies, and oligopolies, than it has prevented.  If government were not around to protect us from ourselves we would have to take responsibility for our own investing and do some due diligence before we invested our money.  As it is, we are all invested in a rigged system that must be artificially propped up by government.  We all depend on a government that is $18 trillion in debt and a Fed that prints money at will, but then cling to the false notion that we'd be in a REAL bind if it weren't for government that protects us from the capitalists.

When the system collapses, as it ultimately must, people will wake up to the fact that government corruption is far, far worse than capitalist corruption could ever be.  Capitalists are at least constrained by free market forces.  Government is practically unconstrained.  Given how much power it has, I wouldn't bet against it, but I wouldn't be completely invested with it, either.  I'd hoard some assets, cling to my guns and my religion, and sleep better knowing I have at least some sovereignty to carry me through the decline of the nanny state.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »
Government has created far more monopolies, and oligopolies, than it has prevented.  If government were not around to protect us from ourselves we would have to take responsibility for our own investing and do some due diligence before we invested our money.  As it is, we are all invested in a rigged system that must be artificially propped up by government.  We all depend on a government that is $18 trillion in debt and a Fed that prints money at will, but then cling to the false notion that we'd be in a REAL bind if it weren't for government that protects us from the capitalists.

When the system collapses, as it ultimately must, people will wake up to the fact that government corruption is far, far worse than capitalist corruption could ever be.  Capitalists are at least constrained by free market forces.  Government is practically unconstrained.  Given how much power it has, I wouldn't bet against it, but I wouldn't be completely invested with it, either.  I'd hoard some assets, cling to my guns and my religion, and sleep better knowing I have at least some sovereignty to carry me through the decline of the nanny state.
:word:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 08:57:22 pm »
This is Hillary's "you didn't build that" statement.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 09:21:53 pm »
She's right!  I've known lots of neer do wells, welfare loafers, and felons in prison who have "created or saved" millions of jobs.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 09:23:59 pm »

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

:beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 11:14:18 pm »

WADR, without some anti-trust laws, a handful of businesses would be the government.  I don't trust our government much more than you do, but capitalists in positions of economic power are simply not constrained by the free market.  At one point in our history one man controlled oil and refining; another transportation, another steel, and yet another the banking system.  Ultimately who ever has the most marbles wins and everyone else loses.

Our capitalist and market system is based on competition and trust.  How do you do due diligence in investing against insider trading or totally fraudulent financial statements?  I can't argue that the government has too often created more problems than it has solved.  But at least I can vote.  I have no choices with a monopoly.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 11:36:11 pm »
It sounds like you are confusing free markets with fraud. A free market doesn't mean people are free to engauge in fraud or other illegal acts. Beyond that, you take a rather short view of the various outcomes of some of the things you seem to think will thrive in a free market. A longer view would forsee the necessary corrections eventually.
 A brief overview as an example: http://damienmanier.com/2010-03-29/monopoly_and_competition/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:37:21 pm by xfreeper »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:23 am »
It sounds like you are confusing free markets with fraud. A free market doesn't mean people are free to engauge in fraud or other illegal acts. Beyond that, you take a rather short view of the various outcomes of some of the things you seem to think will thrive in a free market. A longer view would forsee the necessary corrections eventually.
 A brief overview as an example: http://damienmanier.com/2010-03-29/monopoly_and_competition/

It's the other illegal acts we are talking about.  Insider trading is simply utilizing market information to one's advantage, but is illegal because of government regulation.  Adequate disclosure on financial statement is a requirement first of the AICPA, but allegedly enforced by the SEC.  Most of us here are concerned though about growing government power, which should easily be rectified in the voting booth.  But most here have no such concerns that a corporation with enough money and no constraints can achieve the same power growth.

And given that Mr. Manier is an avid libertarian, I completely understand his position.  I disagree for reasons I've already given.