Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Multiple injuries reported after gunshots heard at Marysville, Wash., high school  (Read 1486 times)

Online NavyCanDo

Initial reports point to a kid who went off the deep end due to recent relationship issues. He wrestled and was on the football team- not the stereotypical loner. I guess I'm just too old to understand the minds of today's youths. We had the same social situations as did the shooter, but we muddled through it without causing death to anyone. Back in my day, when your girlfriend dumped you your buddies took you out with a bottle of cheap booze and some Hank Williams Jr. tapes and the next day you were over it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I don't mean anything by except to point out a fact. The late 1980s was when the first RPG video games were coming out, and almost all of them involved first person shooting someone or something. And everything and everyone you shot, or ran over, or killed gave you points.

By 1995 we had DOOM, which had multiple weapons to kill monsters as well as Wolfstein 3D.

And this theme of weapons and killing has become more and more realistic culminating today with Call of Duty.

I am only pointing out that most video games involve shooting, and this theme starting from the very beginning of video games which really began in the late 80s. I don't know if this means anything or not.

More and more 'children' remain living under their parents' roof as job opportunities and career enhancements become more difficult.

And with the advent of social media and texting, etc., young people are losing the ability to interact face to face.

In business we call it 'belly to belly'.  It's where lasting relationships are built.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Initial reports point to a kid who went off the deep end due to recent relationship issues. He wrestled and was on the football team- not the stereotypical loner. I guess I'm just too old to understand the minds of today's youths. We had the same social situations as did the shooter, but we muddled through it without causing death to anyone. Back in my day, when your girlfriend dumped you your buddies took you out with a bottle of cheap booze and some Hank Williams Jr. tapes and the next day you were over it.

Remember, today kids are taught that everyone is a "victim" of someone else and you have the right to get back at them.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online NavyCanDo

I was suspecting earlier today that the kid was an Indian, a member of the  Tulalip tribe as soon as the reports came out about  his extended family and many of the family showing up at the school in a very agitated hostile state, shoving cameramen and news people.  The boy he shot was his cousin

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I don't mean anything by except to point out a fact. The late 1980s was when the first RPG video games were coming out, and almost all of them involved first person shooting someone or something. And everything and everyone you shot, or ran over, or killed gave you points.

By 1995 we had DOOM, which had multiple weapons to kill monsters as well as Wolfstein 3D.

And this theme of weapons and killing has become more and more realistic culminating today with Call of Duty.

I am only pointing out that most video games involve shooting, and this theme starting from the very beginning of video games which really began in the late 80s. I don't know if this means anything or not.

The idea that video games are responsible for school shootings is completely absurd.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

The idea that video games are responsible for school shootings is completely absurd.
They contribute to the mindset that human life is inconsequential.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org