Author Topic: Famous Actress Stacey Dash Dismisses “White Privilege”- Her Response Is Inspiring!  (Read 865 times)

rangerrebew

Famous Actress Stacey Dash Dismisses “White Privilege”- Her Response Is Inspiring!

Author:  Editor

Posted: October 22, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6A1G_YAgM

Actress and Fox News cultural correspondent Stacey Dash appeared on Fox News this week to give her views on the debate that host Bill O’Reilly has been having with Comedy Central’s left-wing fake news host Jon Stewart, over the idea of “white privilege.” Dash, who is biracial and grew up with two drug addicts as parents, boldly rejected the concept:

“Correct me if I am wrong, but you don’t believe that society put you down, do you?” asked O’Reilly.

“No, I don’t,” Dash responded. “All we have to do is walk in the opportunity. What has to happen is the disenfranchised and the uninformed need to be educated.”

When O’Reilly asked about prominent African-Americans like Cornell West who pushed the idea of white privilege, Dash dismissed it as “propaganda…. That makes it someone else’s fault. Your life, your destiny, anything you want is dependent on somebody else, that’s not true… It’s your responsibility.”

Via The Daily Caller

Well said, Stacey! She is someone who overcame adversity to become a famous actress and television pundit. This wouldn’t have happened if she spent her life with a chip on her shoulder, blaming her problems on other people.

Instead, Stacey got to where she is by hard work and determination. She is a role model that young woman can look up to.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/famous-actress-stacey-dash-dismisses-white-privilege-her-response-is-inspiring/#ixzz3GxpypQtQ
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:52:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
She is soooo beeyuteeful!   :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
She is soooo beeyuteeful!   :thud:

She is beautiful, and smart too!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

An exceptional young woman.

I'm impressed!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

When O’Reilly asked about prominent African-Americans like Cornell West who pushed the idea of white privilege, Dash dismissed it as “propaganda…. That makes it someone else’s fault. Your life, your destiny, anything you want is dependent on somebody else, that’s not true… It’s your responsibility.”

Unfortunately, 'innocent victim' status is much easier and more popular than personal responsibility.

No matter what a person's racial history is...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well said, Stacey! She is someone who overcame adversity to become a famous actress and television pundit.
Dash, in fact, benefited from a much different kind of privilege: female privilege, where women with pretty faces get better opportunities in media than their male counterparts. Plus, as a black, she benefited from token cast slots.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why does no one ever talk about "Asian privilege".

All the polls show that Asians are the most successful people, by percentage, in America. Even more than Whites.

Go to any trailer park and I promise you that you will find White people living there. You will rarely find an Asian in a trailer park, except for the manager that is.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:00:42 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dash, in fact, benefited from a much different kind of privilege: female privilege, where women with pretty faces get better opportunities in media than their male counterparts. Plus, as a black, she benefited from token cast slots.
You are doing precisely what she decided/learned to overcome;  seeing oneself as the victim of some externality.

Why do you resent her success? Do you grasp that it undermines you, to think that way?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You are doing precisely what she decided/learned to overcome;  seeing oneself as the victim of some externality.

Why do you resent her success? Do you grasp that it undermines you, to think that way?
Because I failed, and those less qualified than I succeeded. Unless that barrier is removed, there is no way for me to succeed. That's why I resent her success. I spent four years of my life and tens of thousands of dollars to become a meteorologist, got the degree and ended up shut out of the job market while blonde bimbos who did not have any meteorology credentials whatsoever got the jobs that were supposed to go to meteorologists. I have seen female privilege in the media. Female privilege is real.

Ms. Dash was a woman and a minority in a business that FAVORS WOMEN AND MINORITIES. For her to stand in front of a camera and act like she overcame some huge adversity is disingenuous. To her credit, she doesn't claim that. The author of this article does.

Dash states that in order to succeed "All we have to do is walk in the opportunity." Yet for her, there was far more opportunity than there was for me. Yes, I am bitter.

Let me make it clear here: I have no qualms if I lose out on an opportunity to someone who is more qualified or would be a better fit for that opportunity than I. That's happened before, and it only spurs me to improve my standing for the next time. What I have a problem with is when I lose out and the person I lost out to was a worse candidate than I was. That's happened way too many times before for me to be able to stand up and keep tilting at windmills.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:34:18 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Because I failed, and those less qualified than I succeeded. Unless that barrier is removed, there is no way for me to succeed. That's why I resent her success. I spent four years of my life and tens of thousands of dollars to become a meteorologist, got the degree and ended up shut out of the job market while blonde bimbos who did not have any meteorology credentials whatsoever got the jobs that were supposed to go to meteorologists. I have seen female privilege in the media. Female privilege is real.

Ms. Dash was a woman and a minority in a business that FAVORS WOMEN AND MINORITIES. For her to stand in front of a camera and act like she overcame some huge adversity is disingenuous. To her credit, she doesn't claim that. The author of this article does.

Dash states that in order to succeed "All we have to do is walk in the opportunity." Yet for her, there was far more opportunity than there was for me. Yes, I am bitter.

Let me make it clear here: I have no qualms if I lose out on an opportunity to someone who is more qualified or would be a better fit for that opportunity than I. That's happened before, and it only spurs me to improve my standing for the next time. What I have a problem with is when I lose out and the person I lost out to was a worse candidate than I was. That's happened way too many times before for me to be able to stand up and keep tilting at windmills.
For a time in my life I bought into victimhood, but it was even more damaging; resentment, anger, bitterness. It makes matters even worse.

Try to find a way to get a new outlook. The Serenity Prayer was the new beginning for me.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

White privilege? According to this female, African-American twitter genius, white folks are jealous of the superiority of black culture!
CassavaLeafGuru♏
‏@AutoCorrectHoes   White people mad they have no culture. Lol Just borrow from everyone else.
  Greenbelt, MD 

Dindu Nuffin ‏@MeatDiaper  · 5h5 hours ago 
@AutoCorrectHoes Black people mad cause through all of African history they didn't even manage to invent the wheel

Ed ‏@ZombieEdzed  · 5h5 hours ago 
@MeatDiaper They invented the bongo

Ray Pureface ‏@RayPureface  · 5h5 hours ago 
@AutoCorrectHoes Perhaps if your people borrowed our culture Africa wouldn't be a war-torn petri dish.

Ray Pureface ‏@RayPureface  · 5h5 hours ago 
@AutoCorrectHoes How about borrowing the idea of condoms & medicine instead of raping virgins to cure AIDS & chopping off clits.

Loren Rout-Brown ‏@lorenrb  · 4h4 hours ago 
@AutoCorrectHoes Meanwhile you wrote this in English, on a social network made by white people, which is on the internet, etc, etc. lol

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
CassavaLeafGuru♏
‏@AutoCorrectHoes   White people mad they have no culture. Lol Just borrow from everyone else.
  Greenbelt, MD 

Damn you Vanilla Ice...Eminem!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald