Author Topic: Liberal Pope Courts Popularity at the Expense of Catholic Teachings  (Read 305 times)

Offline Frank Archer

From Pat Buchanan:

Normally a synod of Catholic bishops does not provide fireworks rivaling the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, where Mayor Richard Daley's boys in blue ran up the score on the radicals in Grant Park.

But, on Oct. 13, there emanated from the Synod on the Family in Rome a 12-page report from a committee picked by Pope Francis himself -- and the secondary explosions have not ceased.

The report recognized the "positive aspects of civil unions and cohabitation" and said "homosexuals have gifts and qualities to offer to the Christian community." As for Catholics who divorce and remarry without an annulment, we must avoid "any language or behavior that might make them feel discriminated against."

Hailed by gay rights groups, the document stunned traditionalists.

"Undignified. Shameful. Completely Wrong," said Cardinal Gerhard Muller, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and guardian of Catholic orthodoxy.

He was echoed by Cardinal Raymond Burke, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. "The document lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures and the Magisterium," said Cardinal Burke. "It gives the impression of inventing ... what one Synod Father called 'revolutionary' teaching on marriage and the family."

Cardinal Burke called on the pope for a restatement of Catholic teaching on marriage and morality, saying, "It is long overdue." The pope has relieved Cardinal Burke of his post.

The rest here: http://radixnews.com/2014/10/21/liberal-pope-courts-popularity-expense-catholic-teachings/

I'm not a Catholic but I hope the church can defend itself from what appears to be a divisive leader.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Liberal Pope Courts Popularity at the Expense of Catholic Teachings
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:13 pm »
It was only a matter of time.  All churches are falling by the wayside.  It's why I don't go anymore, a waste of my time.  I think it's because of their tax exempt status.  "Can't say anything that will land you in trouble with the IRS, or the Gay Mafia, ACLU, etc."

It's time for churches to DEFY the intrusive government that wants to persecute Christians at every turn!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 03:14:46 pm »
Maybe history will repeat itself once again....

They poisoned Pope John Paul I, whose reign lasted about 30 days.  [/s]
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:56:10 pm »
For once Pat actually said something intelligent.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton