Author Topic: Chicagoland voting machine casts candidate’s vote for his Dem opponent  (Read 589 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Chicagoland voting machine casts candidate’s vote for his Dem opponent
October 21, 2014

SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Admitting his confidence in Cook County ballot integrity is shaken, State Representative Candidate Jim Moynihan (R-56), was shocked today when he tried to cast a vote for himself and the voting machine cast it for his opponent instead.

“While early voting at the Schaumburg Public Library today, I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” said Moynihan. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race. It is unknown if the machine in question (#008958) has been removed from service or is still in operation.

more at:  http://eagnews.org/chicagoland-voting-machine-casts-candidates-vote-for-his-dem-opponent-2/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Chicagoland voting machine casts candidate’s vote for his Dem opponent
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 01:48:53 pm »

Don't anybody dare effing tell me that 4-5 million Republicans stayed home in 2012.  That's a load of crap.

They Democratic controlled state election boards rigged the machines...plain and simple.

And it's going to happen again....and again, until we go back to purple dyed fingers and non-electronic ballots.

.....and required voter ID
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 01:54:17 pm »
Don't anybody dare effing tell me that 4-5 million Republicans stayed home in 2012.  That's a load of crap.

They Democratic controlled state election boards rigged the machines...plain and simple.

And it's going to happen again....and again, until we go back to purple dyed fingers and non-electronic ballots.

.....and required voter ID

:beer:  :thumbsup:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 02:13:28 pm »
You Democrats who cheated for the Messiah in 2008 and 2012, now that you seen Obama cripple the nation with crushing debt, destroying your children's future, was it worth it to get "your" guy in?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:28:03 pm »
You Democrats who cheated for the Messiah in 2008 and 2012, now that you seen Obama cripple the nation with crushing debt, destroying your children's future, was it worth it to get "your" guy in?

They would probably do it all over again. 

Am I becoming cynical?

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »
Am I becoming cynical?

I am.  To the average voter (and especially the low information crowd), politics is nothing more than a celebrity popularity contest or a contest between ball teams.  Politics have also become conflated with religion in the sense that the LIV crowd is under no obligation to take strictly logical positions, they can support people like Obama on the basis of faith alone.  They don't understand how or why things get done--especially when it comes to economics--so their guy can say whatever he wants and they believe it with unwavering faith, no thought required. 
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 03:17:38 pm »
I am.  To the average voter (and especially the low information crowd), politics is nothing more than a celebrity popularity contest or a contest between ball teams.  Politics have also become conflated with religion in the sense that the LIV crowd is under no obligation to take strictly logical positions, they can support people like Obama on the basis of faith alone.  They don't understand how or why things get done--especially when it comes to economics--so their guy can say whatever he wants and they believe it with unwavering faith, no thought required.

Well said rb.  I find that many people's religion has merged with their political beliefs - their politics IS their religion!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 01:24:14 am »
DCPatriot wrote above:
[[ And it's going to happen again....and again, until we go back to purple dyed fingers and non-electronic ballots.
.....and required voter ID ]]

It's going to require more than that.

What's the missing word:
"ballot box..... soap box...... ----- box" ??

Otherwise, forgeddaboutit.
Ain't gonna happen.