Author Topic: Thom Tillis claims 'momentum' in North Carolina  (Read 705 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Thom Tillis claims 'momentum' in North Carolina
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:09 am »
Thom Tillis claims 'momentum' in North Carolina
By TARINI PARTI | 10/21/14 6:05 AM EDT
RALEIGH, N.C. — After weeks of lagging behind North Carolina Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan, Thom Tillis finally seems to have it figured out.

A combination of factors have helped Tillis pick up momentum heading into the homestretch, Republicans say: Hagan’s admission that she missed an Armed Services Committee meeting dealing with the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant for a fundraiser earlier this year, dissatisfaction with the Obama administration’s handling of domestic Ebola cases and several news stories about Hagan’s husband benefiting from the stimulus law Hagan supported in her first months in the Senate.

----> http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/thom-tillis-kay-hagan-north-carolina-112064.html?hp=t3_3

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Thom Tillis claims 'momentum' in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:35:14 am »
I keep sweating over the gubernatorial elections in Wisconsin and Illinois.  I seriously believe my beloved state of Wisconsin will be lost forever if the $$$ being spent in Wisconsin defeats Scott Walker.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »
I keep sweating over the gubernatorial elections in Wisconsin and Illinois.  I seriously believe my beloved state of Wisconsin will be lost forever if the $$$ being spent in Wisconsin defeats Scott Walker.

What has changed in Wisconsin since Walker beat the recall?  I thought he was bringing spending under control. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
What has changed in Wisconsin since Walker beat the recall?  I thought he was bringing spending under control.

Walker has turned a deficit into a surplus and has refunded $$$ back to the taxpayer.  However, the trifecta of the labor unions, public service unions and the DNC have targeted Walker.  There is no one person they want to defeat more than Scott Walker.  The $$$ spent in the campaign against him is huge and it has been successful to some extent in demonizing him in that blue-leaning state.  My friggin' relatives will probably vote for Burke over Walker.  Astoundingly stupid.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »
Walker has turned a deficit into a surplus and has refunded $$$ back to the taxpayer.  However, the trifecta of the labor unions, public service unions and the DNC have targeted Walker.  There is no one person they want to defeat more than Scott Walker.  The $$$ spent in the campaign against him is huge and it has been successful to some extent in demonizing him in that blue-leaning state.  My friggin' relatives will probably vote for Burke over Walker.  Astoundingly stupid.

Pretty depressing that a state with that kind of success would throw out the author of it.   **nononono*
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 03:46:42 pm »

The Rats will dump jillions into that race, because Walker is a problem to them that must be nipped in the bud.  If they fail to oust him, they know they'll be looking at him again in '16, only on a national stage.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: