Author Topic: NSA official: Snowden abets terrorists, enemies who fight on the grid  (Read 679 times)

Offline Frank Archer

Charlie Speight is a retired executive from the National Security Agency, which he joined in 1975. During his time at the NSA, he was a National Intelligence Officer, analyst, watch officer, operational staff officer, interagency liaison, senior editor in the Strategic Communications Directorate, and communications officer for the NSA Director. Unsurprisingly, there isn’t a lot of public information available about someone who spent 35 years as a secret squirrel. Mr. Speight’s Twitter bio simply states, “I know things.” Below is an exclusive interview about what he knows:

Decker: The theft and disclosure of classified information are generically and simplistically referred to as “leaks” by the media. This sounds relatively benign and plays into the narrative that flagrant espionage is really nothing more than a case of a well-intentioned whistleblower trying to stop bureaucratic abuse. What’s wrong with this picture? How are the national-security apparatus and U.S. military operational effectiveness affected by this spy game?

Speight: Often it’s merely the simple knowledge of an activity that is damaging. When it was mentioned by a congressman that the United States was listening to Osama bin Laden’s satellite phone calls, bin Laden stopped using that phone as well as other types of electronic communication assuming he was being monitored. That “leak” delayed finding him by years.

http://radixnews.com/2014/10/21/nsa-official-snowden-abets-terrorists-enemies-fight-grid/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: NSA official: Snowden abets terrorists, enemies who fight on the grid
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:30:02 am »
Snowden and Manning went overboard with their leaks.

They still didn't do 1/1000th the damage a single loud mouthed politician does on a daily basis. Those buggers seem to think "need to know" is "need to keep my nose in the trough at all costs."

On an aside - Hi Frank and welcome in!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: NSA official: Snowden abets terrorists, enemies who fight on the grid
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:36:17 am »
I'd rather have Ed Snowden in charge of safeguarding my liberties and country than Barack Obama.

Just sayin'...