Author Topic: Gov. John Kasich: Obamacare repeal ‘not gonna happen’  (Read 842 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. John Kasich: Obamacare repeal ‘not gonna happen’
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:29:13 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=4845EA1B-4BC9-4E2B-9AA1-49EB2733282E

Gov. John Kasich: Obamacare repeal ‘not gonna happen’
By: Sarah Wheaton
October 20, 2014 05:48 PM EDT

Ohio Gov. John Kasich says Obamacare will survive. It’s not clear that the same can be said of his 2016 chances.

Even if Republicans win the Senate, repealing the Affordable Care Act is “not gonna happen,” the Republican governor told The Associated Press in an interview published Monday.

“The opposition to it was really either political or ideological,” Kasich added. “I don’t think that holds water against real flesh and blood, and real improvements in people’s lives.”

Kasich infuriated conservatives when he bypassed the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature to expand Medicaid last year, citing a moral imperative to help the poor. By throwing cold water on an Obamacare repeal, a top campaign promise for Republicans, Kasich could be drowning his own prospects for winning a GOP presidential primary.

He’s been mentioned in a lot of GOP circles as a strong potential candidate. But in a White House race, he’d be competing for support among Republican voters who still hate the law — and possibly with contenders like Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who still promises in his stump speeches to “repeal every word” of Obamacare.

Republican governors have generally taken a more nuanced approach to the health law than their congressional counterparts. Kasich’s neighbor, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, is awaiting a decision from the feds about his proposed alternative Medicaid expansion. Other Republican governors thought to have White House prospects, including Susana Martinez in New Mexico and Brian Sandoval in Nevada, also expanded Medicaid.

And even governors who have been openly hostile to Obamacare have acknowledged that repealing the law would be a challenge. Last year, in an interview with Larry Kudlow, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he would repeal Obamacare “hands down.”

“But,” he added, “I’d be willing to take a postponement to get things rolling. You know, we don’t have the Senate, we don’t have the presidency. I would take a postponement just to get things on to the next election.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Gov. John Kasich: Obamacare repeal ‘not gonna happen’
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »
The penalties haven't even been charged yet, for the most part. Let's wait until those kick in before we start giving up on the fight, now, shall we, Governor?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:37:04 pm »
Don't you just love these surrender monkeys???
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »
Don't you just love these surrender monkeys???

Pretty much all the GOP is made of these days.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:27:17 am »
Atomic Cow wrote above:
[[ Pretty much all the GOP is made of these days...]]

Yup.
The hallmark of a dying party.

Even as it wins a new majority in the Senate, the Pubbies are without principles or direction. They will be little or no more "effective" as a majority, then they are today.

Remember that Obama still has some 26 months to wreak havoc with regulations and executive orders. Think they've been bad up to now? You ain't seen nuthin' yet, my friends.

He knows he can now do virtually anything, and get away with it.
No one will lift a finger to stop him.

And the one thing that could be done to "stop him", is something that to the Republicans is radioactive. Makes 'em run back into their offices in fear.

Yup. Y'all know what that is.
Do I have to post the pic again?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:40 pm »
I, for one, am glad Kasich has taken himself out of the '16 Presidential race.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:19 pm »
I, for one, am glad Kasich has taken himself out of the '16 Presidential race.

He's squishy. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 04:48:51 pm »
He's squishy.

He's fine where he is, Governor of OH.  Doesn't need a promotion.  It would set a bad example.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 06:15:09 pm »

He knows he can now do virtually anything, and get away with it.

The only caveat to this statement is if Democrats are resoundingly beaten next month. Even some on the left are abandoning this bozo, AND the rest of America on the right and middle will want some action from Congress on curbing this lawless administration.