Author Topic: Obama Doesn't Want to Be Supreme Court Justice: 'Too Monastic For Me'....Daniel Halper  (Read 479 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/obama-doesnt-want-be-supreme-court-justice-too-monastic-me_816497.html

Obama Doesn't Want to Be Supreme Court Justice: 'Too Monastic For Me'
Admits he lives in a "bubble."
Daniel Halper
October 20, 2014 7:45 AM

President Obama does not want to be a Supreme Court justice. He calls it "too monastic" for his own personality. Besides, in an interview with the New Yorker, President Obama acknowledges that he needs to get out of the "bubble" after what will be eight years as president of the United States.

“I love the law, intellectually,” the president tell the New Yorker, which says he sounds "tempted" at the idea of being on the Court. “I love nutting out these problems, wrestling with these arguments. I love teaching. I miss the classroom and engaging with students. But I think being a Justice is a little bit too monastic for me. Particularly after having spent six years and what will be eight years in this bubble, I think I need to get outside a little bit more.”

Here's the full anecdote from the lengthy piece on Obama and the courts:

As Marine One thundered overhead, about to land on the White House lawn and take Obama to a series of political fund-raisers, I asked him if, like William Howard Taft, he entertained thoughts of serving as a judge later in his career. “When I got out of law school, I chose not to clerk,” he said. “Partly because I was an older student, but partly because I don’t think I have the temperament to sit in a chamber and write opinions.” But he sounded tempted by the idea.

“I love the law, intellectually,” Obama went on. “I love nutting out these problems, wrestling with these arguments. I love teaching. I miss the classroom and engaging with students. But I think being a Justice is a little bit too monastic for me. Particularly after having spent six years and what will be eight years in this bubble, I think I need to get outside a little bit more.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

“I love the law, intellectually” - he just hates the Constitution.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

Only president of the whole world would fully utilize this guyz abilities...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

Bathhouse Barry isn't much into monasticism, anyway. Just let him hang out in Boystown once he's gone from the White House and he'll be happy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
alice, your pic ain't big enough!

Here's another:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
alice, your pic ain't big enough!

Here's another:

Thanks Fishrrman!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!