Author Topic: ‘Aunt Jemima’ relatives suing pancake company for $2B citing century-old agreement  (Read 805 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/aunt-jemima-relatives-suing-pancake-company-2b-article-1.1966633

Aunt Jemima’ relatives suing pancake company for $2B citing century-old agreement 

The great grandsons of Anna Short Harrington, who was hired as the American pancake icon in 1933, claim that her family is entitled to a percentage of the company's revenue every time her likeness was used. They're now seeking $2 billion in compensation, plus a share of future revenue.

BY Nina Golgowski
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Aunt Jemima couldn’t get any stickier.

Two self-proclaimed descendants of the American pancake icon are taking their heritage to court with a lawsuit seeking more than $2 billion from the Quaker Oats company, Kentucky’s Courier Journal reported.

In a suit filed by the great grandsons of Anna Short Harrington, who went on to become "Aunt Jemima" in 1933, they claim they're owed a slice of the pancake company's revenue according to a long-forgotten agreement stretching back to its late-1800 creation.

According to D. W. Hunter and Larnell Evans, every time Harrington's likeness was used by the company both she, and the original Aunt Jemima spokeswoman, Nancy Green, were entitled to receive a percentage of the revenue.
D. W. Hunter and Larnell Evans, who are the self-proclaimed descendants of Anna Harrington, have filed a lawsuit seeking $2 billion in compensation, plus a share of future revenue from the company. Paul Taggart/Bloomberg D. W. Hunter and Larnell Evans, who are the self-proclaimed descendants of Anna Harrington, have filed a lawsuit seeking $2 billion in compensation, plus a share of future revenue from the company.

The suit filed in Chicago last August consequently seeks $2 billion in compensation, plus a share of future revenue.

"Aunt Jemima has become known as one of the most exploited and abused women in American history," Hunter told the Courier Journal.

Quaker Oats, who owns the breakfast brand, denies that a contract ever existed. They argue that the character of Aunt Jemima is fictitious too.

"The image symbolizes a sense of caring, warmth, hospitality and comfort, and is neither based on, nor meant to depict any one person," said a statement released from the PepsiCo subsidiary.

According to Aunt Jemima's history, published on the company's website, the company was first developed by Chris Rutt and Charles Underwood of the Pearl Milling Company in 1889.

One year later R.T. Davis purchased the "struggling Aunt Jemima Manufacturing Company" and hired Nancy Green to portray the larger than life character.

Roughly 43 years later, Anna Robinson was hired to portray Aunt Jemima and fulfilled that role — while traveling around the country doing so — until her death in 1952.

photos at link
Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 6:51 PM
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Every time I see a Black actor in a commercial I cringe. It is always the same thing. The most racist commercials ever in my lifetime.

Any time there is a Black person in a commercial, they are always going to be the most Black racist stereotype you could ever invent. "Yasser boss, I's be bringing you you're's supper boss."

"Who is be wantin' some real Southern chicken? You's not be habbin to want. I got your real Southern chicken riech hea."

Then you have the Black female judge, who is always going to be down home and 'sassy'.

Yall's all be talkin' shit an stuff, an I is not be hearing none of yall's stuff. You all be wastin' mine's time. [gavel slam] (supposed to be funny) I guess law is 'funny' to Liberals. I guess the idea of a Black female judge is 'funny' to Liberals? They are clinging to their KKK roots.

This is the definition of the Liberal Democrat version of a Black person. Maybe that banana eating monkey racist Eric Holder has a point?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.