Author Topic: The terrible truth about cannabis: Expert's devastating 20-year study finally demolishes claims that smoking pot is harmless  (Read 741 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-British-expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html

The terrible truth about cannabis: Expert's devastating 20-year study finally demolishes claims that smoking pot is harmless

One in six teenagers who regularly smoke the drug become dependent

It doubles risk of developing psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia

Heavy use in adolescence appears to impair intellectual development

Driving after smoking cannabis doubles risk of having a car crash

Study's author said: 'If cannabis is not addictive then neither is heroin'

By Ben Spencer, Science Reporter for the Daily Mail

Published: 18:02 EST, 6 October 2014 | Updated: 02:08 EST, 7 October 2014

A definitive 20-year study into the effects of long-term cannabis use has demolished the argument that the drug is safe.

Cannabis is highly addictive, causes mental health problems and opens the door to hard drugs, the study found.

The paper by Professor Wayne Hall, a drugs advisor to the World Health Organisation, builds a compelling case against those who deny the devastation cannabis wreaks on the brain. Professor Hall found:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-British-expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html#ixzz3FTIdtWon

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GourmetDan

Hey!  I have an idea!  Let's decriminalize marijuana use in as many states as possible!

What could go wrong...    :shrug:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online andy58-in-nh

Hey!  I have an idea!  Let's decriminalize marijuana use in as many states as possible!

What could go wrong...    :shrug:

We already have too many stupid voters. America would not benefit from making them paranoid and hungry as well.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The conclusion of this study is presented trickily.  Of course, adolescents shouldn't smoke pot, drink alcohol and a multitude of things.  Their brains are still developing.  Like alcohol - pot should be used only by adults, and then - only responsibly.

You wouldn't drink and drive - you shouldn't toke and drive.  DUH!

As addictive as heroin?  How about as addictive as chocolate?  Addictive personalities are going to get addicted to something!  It's their nature. 

Schizophrenic people are going to try anything that might help stop the voices.  They will be drawn, first to pot - and then their dealers will get them to try harder, more addictive and profitable drugs.  This is a consequence of pot being sold by organized crime. 

This study is hogwash.  I wonder who paid for it - probably a pharmaceutical company.  Wouldn't want people to be able to grow an herb in their own yard - bypassing big Pharma - now would we?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As addictive as heroin?  How about as addictive as chocolate?
Indeed. There's one of those viral trailers going about social media. You know something else that's just as addictive as cocaine (allegedly)?

Carbohydrates, a basic building block of a balanced diet.

I've never felt the need to use marijuana, ever, but a lot of these comparisons are just hype. As people have said, teenagers whose minds are not fully developed are going to be adversely affected a lot worse by ANY psychoactive drug from pot to caffeine, than an adult. This "study" reeks of selective hysteria seeking to justify continuing the War on Drugs.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When it comes to damage, alcohol is a big one. About one in ten who drink, will become "problem drinkers."

We implemented prohibition, with the best of intentions, but look how that worked out.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When it comes to damage, alcohol is a big one. About one in ten who drink, will become "problem drinkers."

We implemented prohibition, with the best of intentions, but look how that worked out.
Which pretty much confirms my entire belief in the American people: they neither know, nor care, to do what is good for them in the long run.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Which pretty much confirms my entire belief in the American people: they neither know, nor care, to do what is good for them in the long run.
The many gifts of this great land and country are "taken for granted" more, and more. I believe for example, that obesity is more prevalent in the US, than in Canada, Sweden, Italy, etc. In fact the US is Number 1, for obesity.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2014/05/28/america-tops-list-of-10-most-obese-countries

I personally feel that marijuana is no more harmful "in the long run" than alcohol, obesity, etc.

BTW back to obesity: In 2008 nine out of the ten of the least obese states voted for Obama, and eight of out of the ten most obese states voted McCain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln