Author Topic: Report: Obama Has Missed over Half His Second-Term Daily Intel Briefings  (Read 1022 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Report: Obama Has Missed over Half His Second-Term Daily Intel Briefings
Wynton Hall

A new Government Accountability Institute (GAI) report reveals that President Barack Obama has attended only 42.1% of his daily intelligence briefings (known officially as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB) in the 2,079 days of his presidency through September 29, 2014.

The GAI report also included a breakdown of Obama’s PDB attendance record between terms; he attended 42.4% of his PDBs in his first term and 41.3% in his second.

The GAI’s alarming findings come on the heels of Obama’s 60 Minutes comments on Sunday, wherein the president laid the blame for the Islamic State’s (ISIS) rapid rise squarely at the feet of his Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

“I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” said Obama.

According to Daily Beast reporter Eli Lake, members of the Defense establishment were “flabbergasted” by Obama’s attempt to shift blame.

“Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,” a former senior Pentagon official “who worked closely on the threat posed by Sunni jihadists in Syria and Iraq” told the Daily Beast.

On Monday, others in the intelligence community similarly blasted Obama and said he’s shown longstanding disinterest in receiving live, in-person PDBs that allow the Commander-in-Chief the chance for critical followup, feedback, questions, and the challenging of flawed intelligence assumptions.

more at link:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/09/29/Report-Obama-Has-Missed-Over-Half-His-Second-Term-Daily-Intel-Briefings
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Obama Has Missed over Half His Second-Term Daily Intel Briefings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 01:21:48 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/09/29/Report-Obama-Has-Missed-Over-Half-His-Second-Term-Daily-Intel-Briefings

by Wynton Hall 29 Sep 2014

A new Government Accountability Institute (GAI) report reveals that President Barack Obama has attended only 42.1% of his daily intelligence briefings (known officially as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB) in the 2,079 days of his presidency through September 29, 2014.

The GAI report also included a breakdown of Obama’s PDB attendance record between terms; he attended 42.4% of his PDBs in his first term and 41.3% in his second.

The GAI’s alarming findings come on the heels of Obama’s 60 Minutes comments on Sunday, wherein the president laid the blame for the Islamic State’s (ISIS) rapid rise squarely at the feet of his Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

“I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” said Obama.

According to Daily Beast reporter Eli Lake, members of the Defense establishment were “flabbergasted” by Obama’s attempt to shift blame.

“Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,” a former senior Pentagon official “who worked closely on the threat posed by Sunni jihadists in Syria and Iraq” told the Daily Beast.

On Monday, others in the intelligence community similarly blasted Obama and said he’s shown longstanding disinterest in receiving live, in-person PDBs that allow the Commander-in-Chief the chance for critical followup, feedback, questions, and the challenging of flawed intelligence assumptions.

“It's pretty well-known that the president hasn’t taken in-person intelligence briefings with any regularity since the early days of 2009,” an Obama national security staffer told the Daily Mail on Monday. “He gets them in writing.”

The Obama security staffer said the president’s PDBs have contained detailed threat warnings about the Islamic State dating back to before the 2012 presidential election.

“Unless someone very senior has been shredding the president's daily briefings and telling him that the dog ate them, highly accurate predictions about ISIL have been showing up in the Oval Office since before the 2012 election,” the Obama security staffer told the Daily Mail.

This is not the first time questions have been raised about Obama’s lack of engagement and interest in receiving in-person daily intelligence briefings. On September 10, 2012, the GAI released a similar report showing that Obama had attended less than half (43.8%) of his daily intelligence briefings up to that point. When Washington Post columnist Marc Thiessen mentioned the GAI’s findings in his column, then-White House Press Secretary Jay Carney dubbed the findings “hilarious.” The very next day, U.S. Libyan Ambassador Chris Stevens and three American staff members were murdered in Benghazi. As Breitbart News reported at the time, the White House’s very own presidential calendar revealed Obama had not received his daily intel briefing in the five consecutive days leading up to the Benghazi attacks.

Ultimately, as ABC News reported, the White House did not directly dispute the GAI’s numbers but instead said Obama prefers to read his PDB on his iPad instead of receiving the all-important live, in-person briefings.

Now, with ISIS controlling over 35,000 square miles of territory in its widening caliphate in Iraq and Syria, and with Obama pointing fingers at his own Director of National Intelligence James Clapper for the rise of ISIS, the question remains whether a 42% attendance record on daily intelligence briefings is good enough for most Americans.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Report: Obama Has Missed over Half His Second-Term Daily Intel Briefings
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:30:09 pm »
He can't get up that early in the morning.

Today's schedule:
10:00 am || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing [not so much]
10:45 am || Meets with Indian Prime Minister Modi [the guy he had for dinner while Modi was on a religious fast]
5:45 pm || Meets with Defense Secretary Hagel [assuming BO's back from the golf course, that is]

All times Eastern
 Live stream of White House briefing at 1:00 pm
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:49:19 pm »
He can't get up that early in the morning.

Today's schedule:
10:00 am || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing [not so much]
10:45 am || Meets with Indian Prime Minister Modi [the guy he had for dinner while Modi was on a religious fast]
5:45 pm || Meets with Defense Secretary Hagel [assuming BO's back from the golf course, that is]

All times Eastern
 Live stream of White House briefing at 1:00 pm

The world is burning down around us - AND THAT'S HIS SCHEDULE TODAY?!?!?!?!!?

MY schedule today whoops his ASS!  He couldn't handle what I do on a daily basis - much less run this country! 

GOD help us!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Has Spent More Time Playing Golf Than In Intel Briefings....By Neil Munro
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/30/obama-has-spent-more-time-playing-golf-than-in-intel-briefings/?print=1

Obama Has Spent More Time Playing Golf Than In Intel Briefings

Posted By Neil Munro On 11:55 AM 09/30/2014

President Barack Obama has spent more time golfing than he has spent listening to daily intelligence briefings.

The Daily Caller has calculated that he’s spent almost 700 hours in 875 “Presidential Daily Briefings” since 2009.

But he’s also spent roughly 800 hours on almost 200 golf trips since his first inauguration.

Obama’s golf trips typically last four and half hours, including one hour on the road. The longest trip took about six hours, according to regular reports from the media pool that follows the president on trips outside the White House.

In contrast, President George W. Bush largely gave up golfing during the Iraq campaign, from 2003 to 2008.

The daily briefing calculations are based on a new report by the Florida-based Government Accountability Institute, which reported Sept. 30 that Obama has attended 875 Presidential Daily Briefings over the course of his presidency.

Those briefings allow top intelligence officials to share their latest intelligence data on security threats, and also to focus the president’s attention on growing or novel problems.

The formal intelligence briefings usually last 45 minutes, according to the “daily guidance” schedules issued each evening by the White House. That time adds up to about 700 hours so far.

The GAI released its Sept. 30 report on the 875 PDBs amid a furor over the United States’ failure to stop the rapid expansion of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

The dispute over Obama’s attendance at the briefings is being revived by the president’s decision to shift blame for the anti-ISIS failure from his desk to Gen. James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence.

“I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” Obama announced during an interview, broadcast Sept. 28 on the “60 Minutes” TV show.

In response, anonymous intelligence officials have told several media outlets that they provided many warnings about ISIS to the president.

White House officials say the president’s time spent in daily briefings does not fully account for Obama’s focus on intelligence reports. Officials say Obama reads additional reports delivered to his handheld computer, and also has many additional meetings with top security officials where he talks about new intelligence reports.

But “the purpose of a briefing is that it is interactive,” said Peter Schweizer, the GAI’s founder. “The White House’s position is that he gets his briefings in writing, which is fine… but the purpose of the briefing is to help the president interact with intelligence officials,” he said.

That lack of interaction could help explain why the president and top aides did not recognize or act on evidence of the growing threat from ISIS, he said.

Obama has been caught by surprise before.

On Sept. 11, 2012, he was surprised by the jihadi attack on the diplomatic site in Benghazi, Libya, and by the failure of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood government to protect the U.S. embassy from a mob seeking the released of a senior jihadi leader now jailed in the United States.

After the attack, his top aides successfully focused the media’s attention on an anti-Muslim video, and kept the media from looking at what top White House officials describe as “broader failures of policy” in the Middle East.

This year, he also admitted that his Libyan intervention was a failure.

“I think we [and] our European partners underestimated the need to come in full force if you’re going to do this,” Obama said about his 2011 campaign to remove Libya’s dictator, Moammar Gadhafi.

According to data meticulously gathered by the ObamaGolfCounter website and White House pool reports, Obama has played golf 197 times since his inauguration.

The president regularly plays 18 hole rounds of golf and has even been known to play 27 holes in a single outing.

The golf outings usually take 4.5 hours, but can be much shorter when he’s on vacation. TheDC assumed an average of four hours, and multiplied the time by 197, to get 788 hours.

His Sept. 27 golf outing, for instance began with his departure from the White House at 12:32 pm, and his return at 5:42 pm.

On Sept. 21, he left at 1:26 pm and returned at 6:06 pm. On Aug. 31, he arrived at the course at 1:05 pm, and left at 5:22 pm. On Aug. 21, he arrived at 1:13 pm, and left at 5:42 pm.

Most of his games are at the easy-to-guard course at Andrews Air Force Base, east of Washington, D.C.

By contrast, the White House’s guidance reports show that most PDB last about 45 minutes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 05:51:51 pm »
Let's factor in the fact that he also doesn't meet with his cabinet and other high-ranking administration officials. He essentially doesn't do anything but golf, vacationing, photo ops and DNC fundraising.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »
All true. But if you say he is lazy then you are a racist. You're not saying it because he sleeps until 11 every morning and never does any work. No. You're only saying that because he is half Black.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 06:45:22 pm »
The world is burning down around us - AND THAT'S HIS SCHEDULE TODAY?!?!?!?!!?

MY schedule today whoops his ASS!  He couldn't handle what I do on a daily basis - much less run this country! 

GOD help us!
I don't know how long ago it was but you used to get his daily schedule at a politico blog Politco44. the guy running politco44 stopped. I also noticed some time ago his weekends always no schedule. The one that bugs me the most is the presidents yearly physical. Remember they used to give grief to Bush when it came out. They did at least a few years of bams but haven't for at least 3.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 06:48:34 pm »
White House Dossier publishes Zero's daily schedule.
You're right about there being no word whatsoever on his physical health, unlike past presidents.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 12:37:09 am »
My goodness! I just can't wait until will get a real President that we are actually 'allowed' to criticize without being called 'racist'. Obama has put all Black people on the back burner for the rest of my generation. He is, he actually is and is doing, the stereotype of what every White racist thinks about Black people. He is it. He is a living stereotype. Basket ball, sleeping late, missing meetings, too cool for school, party all the time, Muslim, anti-White, anti-America, he is everything a White racist could wish for.

I am so tied of coddling this afirmitive action retard. It is time to get back to reality. It is time to be serious again as a nation.

Trust me. Nobody would be tip-toeing around Romney for fear of "offending" him, like they do Obama.

With Obama, it is like we are dealing with a "special needs" child.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

SPQR

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 01:30:43 am »
The President admitted to this about ISIS on 60 Minutes

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 02:55:24 am »
From the article:
“Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,”

How about both?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 03:18:04 am »
From the article:
“Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,”

How about both?

He gets all the intel briefings he needs directly from Valerie!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 04:58:53 am »
All factions under the GOP tent should on a platform to restore competency, eliminate corruption, and taking a much stronger national security posture at home and abroad.

Most of Obama's policies have cut across at least two of those topics, like Obama care, Fast & Furious, Immigration, IRS, Solyndra, the rise of muslim terrorism, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln