Author Topic: Motto of the Obama Administration: A Nation of Cowards  (Read 485 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Motto of the Obama Administration: A Nation of Cowards
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:28:21 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/09/motto_of_the_obama_administration_a_nation_of_cowards.html#ixzz3EjolZ9tb

September 29, 2014
Motto of the Obama Administration: A Nation of Cowards
By Deborah C. Tyler

Imagine you consult an attorney with an important case. He says, “I'll accept your case, but I have to tell you at the start, I don't respect you. In fact, you're a coward.” The Obama administration entrusted the most important cases of our nation to an attorney general who held the people he was hired to represent in contempt.

Presidential administrations have mottos. Theodore Roosevelt spoke softly but carried a big stick; John Kennedy pointed to new frontiers and self-sacrifice; Lyndon Johnson spoke of a great society. As Eric Holder departs, in order to recover from his verbal abuse of the American people, his insult needs to be viewed as the motto of the Obama administration.

Racism is a universal limitation of the human mind. Psychologically, Holder's vilification of Americans as “[a] nation of cowards” is a reaction formation against the unique courage and righteousness of the American people in overcoming that limitation. Exploitive rationalizations arise in all intergroup relationships. But in America, the white majority overcame slavery and segregation through incalculable sacrifice – victories that could not have been achieved by any minority. In her unique greatness, America continues to spend her affluence in providing a vast initiative of affirmative action directly against the majority’s own interests, in both the public and private sectors.

The psychology of Eric Holder's ingratitude necessitates capsizing American history. “Nation of cowards” is a summation of the attitude that summarizes the Obama administration view of the American people. That psychology explains why Holder and Obama cling bitterly to anti-white obsessions that are completely divorced from the actual effects of racism in America in 2014, and why they present to the world the imaginary place called “Ferguson.”

The word coward derives from the root coe or tail and refers to turning or tucking tail. Coward is an epithet of extreme anti-masculine contempt. For example, if a woman believes her husband is a coward and will not protect her, their relationship is incurably toxic. The term coward is a “fighting word” among traditional American cultures. Holder chose it as the most insulting term possible against American manhood. He and his sponsors have an investment in believing American manhood will no longer fight for anything.

Holder's anti-masculine appellation, coward, also serves the non-traditional family social transformation. Females generally are not mentally conditioned to prove their physical courage and do not fear being called cowards. For the most powerful law enforcement officer to assert that American men are cowards is a nail in the coffin of traditional marriage and the father-led family structure.

American presidents have urged us to remember Gettysburg, the Maine, and Pearl Harbor. It is equally important to remember the motto of the Obama administration.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Motto of the Obama Administration: A Nation of Cowards
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:19:46 am »
A nation of cowards, not sure I would go that far but we are a "ME" nation, which results in a nation of cowards.  When the going gets tough, we quit, and we have quit so often (Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, war on drugs, border security, ...), it is now a habit.  It is either to hard, to expensive, takes to long, nothing in it for me or my district, waa waa waa.

The "US" in United States has gotten away from us and I fear we are racing towards 3rd world status (ME ME ME).

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 12:40:09 am »
What percentage of the country do you feel is part of the *ME* society....?....apparently that is who the presidents and politicians cater too!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:25:22 am »
I will try and tackle this by groups:
War on Women?
Hate Crime Laws?
Farm Subsidies to include congresscritters..

Corporations:
Oil company making $10 billion per month in profit, saves $1 million on well-head which blows out and dumps multi-billion dollar clean up on American tax payer and CEO wants his life back.  And then whines about the EPA..

Corporate Raiders like Carl Ichahn buys controlling interest in company, splits it up, dumps the people and sticks the Pension fund in his pocket.  Carter has to establish Pension Benefit Corporation (government agency) to cover the costs via tax payer.

Dell makes billions selling computers to the federal government then moves his company to India?

Corporations moving operations out of the country along with product sensitive specifications and then wants the American tax payer to pay for intellectual property protection (patents, trademarks).

Is that enough?   :beer:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:46:10 am »
Is that enough?

Yep....depressing as hell :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline speekinout

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 03:48:07 am »
I will try and tackle this by groups:
War on Women?
Hate Crime Laws?
Farm Subsidies to include congresscritters..

Corporations:
Oil company making $10 billion per month in profit, saves $1 million on well-head which blows out and dumps multi-billion dollar clean up on American tax payer and CEO wants his life back.  And then whines about the EPA..

Corporate Raiders like Carl Ichahn buys controlling interest in company, splits it up, dumps the people and sticks the Pension fund in his pocket.  Carter has to establish Pension Benefit Corporation (government agency) to cover the costs via tax payer.

Dell makes billions selling computers to the federal government then moves his company to India?

Corporations moving operations out of the country along with product sensitive specifications and then wants the American tax payer to pay for intellectual property protection (patents, trademarks).

Is that enough?   :beer:

I think you're missing all of the people who collect gov't checks. Welfare recipients; unemployment benefit collectors; all of those on SS - retirees, SSI disability, etc. And then there are generous pension and health care benefits for gov't employees. All of that is well over 50% of the Fed'l budget.
You're worried about pennies, when it's the dollars that are hurting us.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 10:29:41 am »
I think you're missing all of the people who collect gov't checks. Welfare recipients; unemployment benefit collectors; all of those on SS - retirees, SSI disability, etc. And then there are generous pension and health care benefits for gov't employees. All of that is well over 50% of the Fed'l budget.

Just because someone collects a gov't check does not mean that they are "ME" focused.  The outside the beltway view that gov't are "overpaid" money grubbers is not correct.  They are just people doing a job to earn a living to support their families.  Their health care is no better than private industry.  The "older" feds have a better vacation package though and the salaries by job are higher but that is the doing of congress, not the individual employee. I have worked private industry for 40 years, my wife is a fed, so I know.  Don't believe the hype.

Keep in mind that the Military collect gov't checks...

I made an agreement with the United States of America in 1968 that I would pay into social security, and have for 45 years, and when I got old, I would get that money back.  If you would like to rewrite that agreement, just give me all the money back that I paid in.

Given that the reported unemployment rate is probably one third of what it really is, if you eliminate unemployment payments, what are you going to do with the 15 million or so people that rely on those payments until the economy picks up?  Just going to let them die?

"According to a team at Bloomberg News, at one point last year the U.S. had lent, spent or guaranteed as much as $12.8 trillion to rescue the economy."  Pennies?   http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/economy/the-true-cost-of-the-bank-bailout/3309/

Although I agree with your frustration, I do not believe we can simply broad brush label all those people as "unworthy" of our support.  What we need to do is target the abuses of the system.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 10:44:21 am »

What pennies?  The pennies that go to individuals while banks and corporations are taking in Uncle Sam's largesse hand over fist?  Those pennies?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 10:48:45 am »
A nation of cowards, not sure I would go that far but we are a "ME" nation, which results in a nation of cowards.  When the going gets tough, we quit, and we have quit so often (Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, war on drugs, border security, ...), it is now a habit.  It is either to hard, to expensive, takes to long, nothing in it for me or my district, waa waa waa.

The "US" in United States has gotten away from us and I fear we are racing towards 3rd world status (ME ME ME).

Welcome to the forum, Ed!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 08:47:11 pm »
Just because someone collects a gov't check does not mean that they are "ME" focused.  The outside the beltway view that gov't are "overpaid" money grubbers is not correct.  They are just people doing a job to earn a living to support their families.  Their health care is no better than private industry.  The "older" feds have a better vacation package though and the salaries by job are higher but that is the doing of congress, not the individual employee. I have worked private industry for 40 years, my wife is a fed, so I know.  Don't believe the hype.

Keep in mind that the Military collect gov't checks...

I made an agreement with the United States of America in 1968 that I would pay into social security, and have for 45 years, and when I got old, I would get that money back.  If you would like to rewrite that agreement, just give me all the money back that I paid in.

Given that the reported unemployment rate is probably one third of what it really is, if you eliminate unemployment payments, what are you going to do with the 15 million or so people that rely on those payments until the economy picks up?  Just going to let them die?

"According to a team at Bloomberg News, at one point last year the U.S. had lent, spent or guaranteed as much as $12.8 trillion to rescue the economy."  Pennies?   http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/economy/the-true-cost-of-the-bank-bailout/3309/

Although I agree with your frustration, I do not believe we can simply broad brush label all those people as "unworthy" of our support.  What we need to do is target the abuses of the system.

I wasn't calling people unworthy of our support - I was pointing out that the ways we have devised to "support" them are counterproductive at best.
And the programs have been sold to the voters under false pretenses. I could use several of your statements for examples, but let me just use SS to illustrate my point.
You did not have an agreement to pay into SS while you were working so that you could "get the money back" when you retired. You paid for the retirements of the people who were old then, with the agreement that the gov't would get young people to pay for your retirement when you got old. That's an entirely different proposition. It's more like a Ponzi scheme than anything. And like all Ponzi schemes, it's going to fail. When SS started, retirement age was 65, but the average life span was closer to 63. There were 8-10 workers for every retiree, so the FICA payments weren't onerous. Now, the average life span is in the high 80s, and with unemployment like it is, there are barely 2 workers for every retiree. The system is going to collapse. algore's famous lockbox, which was supposed to hold excess payments for a few years where the FICA income exceed SS payments only has IOU's in it.
You would be much better off if there had been a mandatory retirement savings program, and the sooner we convert this SS Ponzi scheme into one, the better off all people will be. Certainly, there will have to be SS payments for current and near retirees in a phase in program, but that will be less and less possible the longer we wait.
And the people who collect SS insist that the program can not change.

There are similar problems with the other gov't payouts, but until people wake up and learn what these programs really are, we won't be able to fix them.