Author Topic: Israel PM warns nuclear-armed Iran would be 'gravest threat'  (Read 1032 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Israel PM warns nuclear-armed Iran would be 'gravest threat'
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:36:24 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-pm-warns-nuclear-armed-iran-gravest-threat-171243536.html

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Monday that a nuclear-armed Iran would pose the "gravest threat to us all" and called for a full dismantling of Tehran's nuclear program.

"The Islamic republic is now trying to bamboozle its way to an agreement.. that will cement Iran's place as a threshold military nuclear power," Netanyahu told the UN General Assembly.

"Allowing that to happen would pose the gravest threat to us all."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Israel PM warns nuclear-armed Iran would be 'gravest threat'
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »
He's right.  Do I expect his words to be heeded?
 **nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 12:06:05 am »
He's right.  Do I expect his words to be heeded?
 **nononono*

For twenty years Bibi's been saying Iran's a threat and two/three/four years (pick one) from a nuclear bomb.  He did so as Israel's UN representative, while serving in the Knesset in powerful positions, as the head of a large and significant political party, as PM of Israel from 1996--1999 and again as PM from 2009.   Yet he's done nothing but talk about the problem, threaten to use force and demand the world do something.

He's followed the same script for 20 years.  I'm afraid he's simply exhausted his audience.   :shrug:

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:06 am »
For twenty years Bibi's been saying Iran's a threat and two/three/four years (pick one) from a nuclear bomb.  He did so as Israel's UN representative, while serving in the Knesset in powerful positions, as the head of a large and significant political party, as PM of Israel from 1996--1999 and again as PM from 2009.   Yet he's done nothing but talk about the problem, threaten to use force and demand the world do something.

He's followed the same script for 20 years.  I'm afraid he's simply exhausted his audience.   :shrug:

I do not think that he has exhausted his audience. The Mossad provides the best intelligence on Iran. They keep tabs on Iran by spy satellites, drone flybys and if needed assassination of Iranian Nuclear scientists
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:13:56 am by Trigger »

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 11:56:56 am »
I do not think that he has exhausted his audience. The Mossad provides the best intelligence on Iran. They keep tabs on Iran by spy satellites, drone flybys and if needed assassination of Iranian Nuclear scientists

The same Mossad that missed the tunnels coming from Gaza?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33:47 pm »
Not sure what Israel's options are.  If they act on their own in an overt manner, the entire arab/muslim world would beat them to death, so taking every opportunity to raise the flag of concern and hope the other countries in the world take note maybe all they can do for now.

Soapbox time:
The borders of a country have been bought and paid for with the blood of it citizens.  Those citizens then hire a government to administer to their common needs with the goal of ensuring a safe and secure society, thriving economy and credible representation on the world stage.  When that government abandons its charter and abuses it citizens, it is up to the other civilized countries to come to their aid as we have done many many times in the past.  It remains unclear to me why the muslim issue has all of us standing around like a deer in the headlights.

Off my soapbox..  :whistle:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 01:35:23 pm »

Do you really think they didn't know about them?  Come on! 

I think they were just letting them use their time and resources to build them - only to destroy them when the time was right.  I find it incredible that they didn't know, more likely that they knew - and were able to monitor them by not exposing the fact that they knew what was going on.  It's called a trap.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 01:52:23 pm »
Not sure what Israel's options are.  If they act on their own in an overt manner, the entire arab/muslim world would beat them to death, so taking every opportunity to raise the flag of concern and hope the other countries in the world take note maybe all they can do for now.

Soapbox time:
The borders of a country have been bought and paid for with the blood of it citizens.  Those citizens then hire a government to administer to their common needs with the goal of ensuring a safe and secure society, thriving economy and credible representation on the world stage.  When that government abandons its charter and abuses it citizens, it is up to the other civilized countries to come to their aid as we have done many many times in the past.  It remains unclear to me why the muslim issue has all of us standing around like a deer in the headlights.

Off my soapbox..  :whistle:

Well said Ed.   :amen:

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 07:40:04 pm »
Do you really think they didn't know about them?  Come on! 

I think they were just letting them use their time and resources to build them - only to destroy them when the time was right.  I find it incredible that they didn't know, more likely that they knew - and were able to monitor them by not exposing the fact that they knew what was going on.  It's called a trap.

The number, the size, the sheer capacity of the tunnels "uncovered" were a surprise--a very bad surprise.  Too many military reports during and right after the "offensive" admit to this.  But this is the type of news that can topple coalition governments--so nothing to see here, let's move on.   

Hope someone is paying close attention to the tunnels coming from Lebanon.   

SPQR

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 10:19:09 pm »

They are not there anymore, right?Some measures such as Egypt’s construction of an underground fence along its side of the Gaza-Egypt border have been taken. In late 2009 Egypt started construction of a subterranean barrier in an attempt to curb the use of smuggling tunnels. Nevertheless, anti smuggling capabilities remain limited and constrained.On August 2014 the IDF announced they had successfully tested a system that could be used to detect these tunnels. This new system uses a combination of sensors and special transmitters to locate underground tunnels.

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/middle-east/37444-140717-israel-tests-system-to-detect-hamas-tunnels
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:29:29 pm by Trigger »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 03:29:50 am »
EdinVA wrote above:
[[ It remains unclear to me why the muslim issue has all of us standing around like a deer in the headlights...]]

Simple answer, Ed:
The West has lost its faith. Lost its faith in its God, faith in its own future, faith in its traditional values and mores, faith in the satisfaction of knowing that Western Civilization is superior to all the others. Not "equal" -- superior. (Aside: some in this forum might start quivering when the word "superior" is even brought up in such context.)

The islamics still have their "faith" (or whatever it is that motivates them to behave the way they do). It literally burns within them.

They have the will to win.
We do not.

Given those circumstances, who will eventually triumph?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 09:42:04 am »
EdinVA wrote above:
[[ It remains unclear to me why the muslim issue has all of us standing around like a deer in the headlights...]]

Simple answer, Ed:
The West has lost its faith. Lost its faith in its God, faith in its own future, faith in its traditional values and mores, faith in the satisfaction of knowing that Western Civilization is superior to all the others. Not "equal" -- superior. (Aside: some in this forum might start quivering when the word "superior" is even brought up in such context.)

The islamics still have their "faith" (or whatever it is that motivates them to behave the way they do). It literally burns within them.

We do not.

Given those circumstances, who will eventually triumph?

I would have to disagree with the whole loss of faith thing.  Christian and American Jewish leaders have been holding out olive branches and staging "outreach programs" with muslims for a long time and get naught in return.
As much as it burns my fingertips to type it, the individual with the only balls to speak the truth about it is Bill Maher.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:42:26 pm »
olde north church wrote above:
[[ As much as it burns my fingertips to type it, the individual with the only balls to speak the truth about it is Bill Maher. ]]

On that, we can agree.
Some very interesting comments coming from Mr. Maher lately.

Is he going through some kind of "conversion" ??

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

We do not.

The West has been feminized, the Islamists have not...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 02:17:54 pm »
Our politicians have purchased the lives of our kids with votes and campaign donations to fight a war for political gain against an enemy whose lives we value more than our own kids.  We no longer fight to win, we fight not to lose face.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
olde north church wrote above:
[[ As much as it burns my fingertips to type it, the individual with the only balls to speak the truth about it is Bill Maher. ]]

On that, we can agree.
Some very interesting comments coming from Mr. Maher lately.

Is he going through some kind of "conversion" ??

I'm not so sure about a conversion as much as his ox is being gored and he realizes it.  I think the worm is beginning to turn.  Pope Francis' comments about fighting radical islam is another one.  Granted he's not putting up the Vatican treasure to finance a Crusade but a dam break begins with a few little leaks.
I'm not a big "End Times" Revelations person but one could start to think things may get hairy.  Ebola, ISIS, failing banks-global economy, China/Hong Kong.  Real bitchin' times coming our way. :pondering:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »
I'm not so sure about a conversion as much as his ox is being gored and he realizes it.  I think the worm is beginning to turn.  Pope Francis' comments about fighting radical islam is another one.  Granted he's not putting up the Vatican treasure to finance a Crusade but a dam break begins with a few little leaks.
I'm not a big "End Times" Revelations person but one could start to think things may get hairy.  Ebola, ISIS, failing banks-global economy, China/Hong Kong.  Real bitchin' times coming our way. :pondering:

I see it too ONC.  Interesting times.