Author Topic: Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:11:27 pm »

Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform

posted at 8:01 pm on September 18, 2014 by Allahpundit

Skip to 24:30 for the key bit. Admittedly, admittedly, this is as rote and innocuous a statement of support for amnesty as you’ll ever hear from a GOP leader — he even stresses that we need to secure the border first — but the closer we get to the lame-duck session, the more righties are going to parse his every belch for signs of a deal on immigration. And not just righties: The LA Times perked up upon hearing this today too. As the man himself says, the sooner we get this done, the better it’ll be for the GOP donor class America. Why not November?

This caught my attention too:

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is backing off its demand that President Barack Obama act by Thanksgiving on executive action aimed at repairing the immigration system. Instead, the group is set to approve a resolution calling for action by the end of the holiday season, a timetable in line with what Mr. Obama is now promising.

The Hispanic lawmakers met this month with White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough to complain about Mr. Obama’s decision to punt executive action, which is to include a ratcheting back of deportations, until after the midterm elections. They asked that Mr. Obama act by Thanksgiving, but were told instead that the new deadline was by the end of the holiday season. That’s in line with what Mr. Obama had initially said.

Why did the CHC back down and decide to give Obama another month when he already screwed them a few weeks ago by postponing executive amnesty until winter? One theory is that it has to do with Mary Landrieu’s race in Louisiana. If neither she nor her GOP opponent, Bill Cassidy, hit 51 percent on election day in November, they’ll head to a runoff on December 6. And it’s quite possible that neither will: There’s a tea-party longshot also in the race who’s polling in the single digits, which won’t keep Cassidy out of the runoff but might keep him from hitting the 51 percent he needs to seal the deal in November. (A Fox News poll released a few days ago has Cassidy leading 51/38 but most surveys this year have him ahead by low single digits.) If that happens and then O drops an amnesty bomb around Thanksgiving, the outrage among Louisiana conservatives might be enough to sink Landrieu in December. Postponing the order until Christmas would keep this issue off the table until after they vote, which is in keeping with the White House’s strategy of avoiding the consent of the governed on immigration by all means.

There’s another possibility, though. By waiting until the very end of the year to issue an executive order on amnesty, Obama will leave Boehner more time during the lame-duck session to make a deal with Harry Reid on some sort of bill. I don’t think Boehner would do that, not because he doesn’t want to but because it’d be such a knee to the groin of conservative voters who turned out big for the GOP on election day that the party would spend the next year trying to recover from it. (Conservatives would dutifully line up for the nominee in 2016, though, needless to say.) But if you’re O, why not stand pat for awhile and give him a chance? Boehner desperately wants this issue off the table and the White House knows it, which is why Obama held off all summer on issuing his order. He knows that once he makes his move, it’ll kill any chance Boehner has to bring House GOPers on board. Better to wait as long as you can and see what Boehner’s willing to do. And if you’re willing to wait all summer, wait not wait until the end of the year too?

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/09/18/boehner-you-know-what-would-help-our-economy-immigration-reform/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:12:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »
We're done. It is over. I am only glad that I had the opportunity to grow up in what was once a great country. We lost. It is over.

You know, the funny thing is, watching Liberals. Because in the end, they always wind up having to eat their own shit. And only then is when the light goes on. And they think, wait, maybe I was wrong about all this.

But by then they are either dead or in the camps.

"Liberals" are suicidal 'psudo-intellectual' fools. And they are too stupid to know it. Eventually they will all get themselves killed. That is what we in the real world call, Darwinism.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:30:08 pm »
If the right just caves in to the left totally, the liberals/progressives being what they are, would start to complain about the way the country is and reverse course.  They are all about issues, not people, and really can't stand to see people enjoying things the way they are and want to change it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:33:34 pm »
We're done. It is over. I am only glad that I had the opportunity to grow up in what was once a great country. We lost. It is over.

You know, the funny thing is, watching Liberals. Because in the end, they always wind up having to eat their own shit. And only then is when the light goes on. And they think, wait, maybe I was wrong about all this.

"Liberals" are suicidal 'psudo-intellectual' fools. And they are too stupid to know it. Eventually they will all get themselves killed. That is what we in the real world call, Darwinism.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:37 pm »
This happens we are done, it is over. I too will have the satisfaction knowing they will suffer after they have sent us up the obamacare death ride. The left will kiss the arses of the new voter base, leaving the ones who voted for him twice in the dust.

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »

I'm at an age, where I'll never see that moment where they realize they may have been wrong. As long as a conservative is alive somewhere in the US, liberals will focus all their anger on that person. They will blame every single problem on that conservative. Only when we are all gone, will there be that moment of recognition that maybe, just maybe, they were wrong.

Until then, they will eat their own shit, and blame conservatives for the sad state they are in.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:42:42 pm »
This happens we are done, it is over. I too will have the satisfaction knowing they will suffer after they have sent us up the obamacare death ride. The left will kiss the arses of the new voter base, leaving the ones who voted for him twice in the dust.

There is some serious schadenfruede to be enjoyed, provided we live long enough.

Blacks will be marginalized for the new, cool minority, Hispanics.
Unions will gutted and reformed.

I am really, really going to enjoy the screams. But, it is over. I hate Boehner and his kind. And surely, some of the GOPe types will be along soon to tell us all how shortsighted we are, and how this is wonderful for the good old GOP.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »
I hope he steps in dog shit every day for the rest of his life.  At the most inopportune time possible.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:51:15 am »
"Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform"

If there is anything that indicates that the Republican party is on its way out, Mr. Boehner's remarks above should remove any doubt.

It's no longer a question of "if", but one of "when" and "how much longer can they last?"

Like others who have posted above, I'm gettin' old and don't have all that many years left. At least I was born into an America (and a world) where there seemed to be freedom and promise ahead. Got educated in the fifties and early sixties before the Gramsciites got a foothold in public education.

Spent my working years on the railroad when that was still a good place to work -- it's changing now. But I did my time there when the job still offered a measure of independence that most folks don't enjoy in their workday. Not so any more.

The country (indeed, the world) seems like a freight train on a downhill grade, with the speed increasing and not enough brakes left to slow the momentum. At that point, nothing can stop it. except the inevitable wreck. When that happens, and only after that happens, can the wreckage be moved aside, the track rebuilt, and the operation started again.

I'm hoping that my time runs out before the train's ...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:53:21 am by Fishrrman »