Author Topic: After Declaring War on Tea Party, Karl Rove Frets GOP Estab Candidates Not Getting Enough Donations  (Read 1065 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/19/After-Declaring-War-on-Tea-Party-Karl-Rove-Frets-GOP-Estab-Candidates-Not-Getting-Enough-Donations

by Tony Lee 19 Sep 2014

After declaring war on the Tea Party and often showing nothing but contempt for grassroots conservatives that powered Republicans to record gains in the 2010 midterm elections, Karl Rove whined that the GOP may not take back the Senate this year because of the lack of enthusiasm for his establishment-approved candidates.

Writing in the Wall Street Journal, Rove notes that even though Obama's "job approval numbers are lousy, no Democrat in a competitive Senate race polls regularly above 50%, GOP enthusiasm is high, and independents are trending Republican... each passing day provides evidence as to why a GOP Senate majority is still in doubt."

After declaring war on conservatives and the Tea Party last year, Rove now realizes that the very voters the establishment trashed are not donating to more moderate and establishment Senate candidates in states like North Carolina and Colorado. Rove says that "Republican candidates and groups must step up" to reduce the fundraising gap with Democrats. He said "Republicans must reach a certain sufficiency of advertising in the next six weeks" to "tip the needle in the GOP's direction."

Rove said "that will only happen if Republicans open their wallets to candidates whom they may have never met, and, if they live in a battleground state, they clear their calendars to volunteer to identify and get out the vote."

Last year, Rove formed the "Conservative Victory Project," a group whose purported goal, according to the New York Times, is to “recruit seasoned candidates and protect Senate incumbents from challenges by far-right conservatives and Tea Party enthusiasts who Republican leaders worry could complicate the party’s effort to win control of the Senate.”

Breitbart News noted that after Rove formed a PAC to attack conservatives, donations dried up--"Rove’s organization has been so tarnished among the conservative base that candidates fear donors will not contribute to any group associated with him." As a result, his network has "reloaded with groups that share donors but are technically not affiliated on paper with them" to try to deceive donors and voters even more.

Rove essentially runs "Crossroads GPS, American Crossroads, and the Conservative Victory Project Super PAC," the PAC formed to combat conservative candidates. Crossroads GPS and American Crossroads reportedly "raised $325 million in 2012" with nothing to show for it.

For instance, though the GOP establishment blames conservatives for not controlling the Senate, the establishment-backed Senate candidates in the 2012 election cycle lost in battleground states like Virginia, Wisconsin and even Montana, a race that should have been in the GOP column.

On his talk radio show this year, Mark Levin pointed this out: "noting that while candidates backed by Tea Party members like Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio won in 2010, candidates heavily supported by Karl Rove and Mitch McConnell in Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Montana, New Mexico, and Wisconsin all got clobbered in 2012."

"All backed by Rove. All backed by McConnell. And all losers," Levin said. "We must not allow the Republican establishment and their friendly media to work with the liberal media to spin."

As Breitbart News reported, Levin said that even though "the Republican establishment holds the blame for the GOP's minority status in the Senate," its "leadership wants to twist history to absolve themselves of that blame."

"But for the Tea Party, you'd be nothing, as you were before," Levin told the GOP establishment. "But for the Tea Party, Pelosi would be Speaker."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Karl Rove can kiss my fifty eight year old ass!

***gadsen@@@   **nononono*  ***gadsen@@@   **nononono*  ***gadsen@@@
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

Didn't the Tea Party "declare war" on the GOP by trying to primary incumbents?   :shrug:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Didn't the Tea Party "declare war" on the GOP by trying to primary incumbents?   :shrug:
Quiet about that. Don't discuss both sides of the story.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Nope! Not at all! What we have declared war on is republican incumbents that are difficult, if not impossible,  to tell from dimocrats! (misspelling intentional)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:54:07 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

Yes, we challenged the worst life career incumbents in an effort to clean the party up a bit.  It was nasty fight - and now Rove wants our money.  Sorry Turd Blossom - you spent your money in the primaries  dissing a lot of your base - while the Democrats at least paid lip service to theirs.  Don't understand why people think Rove is so smart - was a pretty stupid strategy if you ask me. 

Offline katzenjammer

Yes, we challenged the worst life career incumbents in an effort to clean the party up a bit.  It was nasty fight - and now Rove wants our money.  Sorry Turd Blossom - you spent your money in the primaries  dissing a lot of your base - while the Democrats at least paid lip service to theirs. Don't understand why people think Rove is so smart - was a pretty stupid strategy if you ask me.

It is called ARROGANCE.  And the more people keep falling into line and supporting the same POS candidates (for the sole reason that they "aren't democrats"), the more arrogant they become.  It has to end, otherwise it won't.

Offline evadR

Karl Rove can kiss my fifty eight year old ass!

***gadsen@@@   **nononono*  ***gadsen@@@   **nononono*  ***gadsen@@@
LOL..tell us how ya really feel.
58 eh??  Still a baby.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

WAR
Actually, I think it was just the opposite.  Mitch McConnell declared war on anyone who tried to unseat an incumbent....IIRC.

Offline evadR

It amazes me how anyone can spit in your face and then expect you to donate to them.

Offline alicewonders

LOL..tell us how ya really feel.
58 eh??  Still a baby.

Thank you!   :beer:

Offline PzLdr

Yo! Karl!

As we say in Yonkers, "F*ck Me? F*ck You!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Jeez.  Make up your mind, Tony.  Which is it?

Rove always lies.
Rove is being honest now.

You can see who Tony Lee, and Mark Levin consider the enemy.  Republicans.
 :vote:

Offline truth_seeker

I believe overall that Rove backs the Republicans with the best chance of winning the general elections.

That usually means incumbents, since incumbents have an advantage.

If the incumbent is challenged in the primary be relative newcomers, Rove would tend to back the incumbent in the primary.

Calling every incumbent by names like "rino" and "GOPe" is frequently not accurate, and is divisive.

The backlash against the TEA Party's challengers hopes to avoid embarrassments like Sharron Angle, Christine O'Donnell, etc.

The conservative wing of the GOP has tended to support poorly vetted candidates.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Let's not forget that the reason the so-called Tea Party tried to unseat incumbents is because we want the GOP to PUBLICLY demonstrate themselves as the OPPOSITION PARTY.

We're sick and tired of being sick and tired.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mr. Rove does realize that Democrats control most of the money in this country, right?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

Mr. Rove does realize that Democrats control most of the money in this country, right?
That claim deserves some evidence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Democrats spend their time and money fighting Republicans.
Republicans spend their time and money fighting Republicans. (the ones who may challenge or change the establishment)

Why whould I give either of these two brothers money?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That claim deserves some evidence.
American Oligarchy, an article in the Weekly Standard
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

American Oligarchy, an article in the Weekly Standard

That is an interesting article, but it only proves that those giving a lot of money to political campaigns, live clustered together in a few urban zip codes. It doesn't address people living more spread out.

When Republicans are in power, rich people and corporations give to Republicans, and vice versa.

I once served on a political campaign donation committee, with a Fortune 500 corporation. A majority of the officers were conservatives, yet we split the donations because whichever party was in power, we wanted access to them.