Author Topic: Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 years is enough By Thomas Lifson  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 years is enough By Thomas Lifson
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/09/ezekiel_emanuel_says_75_years_is_enough.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

September 19, 2014
Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 years is enough
By Thomas Lifson

Ezekiel Emanuel is one of the architects of Obamacare and the head of the Clinical Bioethics Department at the National Institutes of Health, and he thinks 75 years is about all a human lifespan should be.  In an article titled, Why I hope to die at 75,” he lays out his thinking. Those of us who cling to life are mistaken:

Americans seem to be obsessed with exercising, doing mental puzzles, consuming various juice and protein concoctions, sticking to strict diets, and popping vitamins and supplements, all in a valiant effort to cheat death and prolong life as long as possible. This has become so pervasive that it now defines a cultural type: what I call the American immortal. I reject this aspiration. I think this manic desperation to endlessly extend life is misguided and potentially destructive. For many reasons, 75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop.

Photo credit: The Atlantic

Ben Shapiro, writing at Breitbart, points out that Emanuel’s parents are already beyond the years Zeke would allot them. Oops!
Today he can swim, read the newspaper, needle his kids on the phone, and still live with my mother in their own house. But everything seems sluggish. Although he didn’t die from the heart attack, no one would say he is living a vibrant life. When he discussed it with me, my father said, “I have slowed down tremendously. That is a fact. I no longer make rounds at the hospital or teach.”

Emanuel grudgingly adds, “Despite this, he also said he was happy.”

Well, what would he know about it? It takes a mandarin, a credentialed ethicist, to decide whose life is worth living. And with Obamacare rationing medical services, those death panels Sarah Palin warned about are just around the corner. James Taranto notes that even the New York Tiems is coming around:

Two Papers in One!

"False 'Death Panel' Rumor Has Some Familiar Roots"--headline, New York Times, Aug. 14, 2009

"Panel Urges Overhauling Health Care at End of Life"--headline, New York Times, Sept. 18, 2014

Ezekiel Emanuel is one of the creepiest people in public life, and I am glad he is unashamedly exposing his views to general scrutiny. And, should he enjoy good health at age 75, I wonder if his views will still be the same?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:35:47 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 years is enough By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:00:30 pm »
The gall of this POS....... **nononono*

How old are HIS parents? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:31:14 pm »
Okay.  The guy looks like an uncircumcised penis.  Just puttin' this out there.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:42:40 pm »
I can just hear him singing one day......"Will you still love me...will you still need me...when I'm 74!"   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 07:36:24 pm »
Make no mistake.  Let me be clear about this.....

Barack Obama believes the same thing.

It's a leftist philosophy that is an undercurrent throughout Obamacare, and if things proceed without stopping the beast, we won't get any healthcare once we reach 75.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »
Make no mistake.  Let me be clear about this.....

Barack Obama believes the same thing.

It's a leftist philosophy that is an undercurrent throughout Obamacare, and if things proceed without stopping the beast, we won't get any healthcare once we reach 75.

Not everyone. I feel sure Members of Congress will be exempt.  :smokin:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 08:13:09 pm »

Uh....members of Congress are exempt from Obamacare, aren't they?

They have "Cadillac Plans", while we've got "Edsel Plans".

...wonder how Harry Reid feels about it?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 08:20:49 pm »

And no doubt, the punk now in the oval office, should he ever achieve the age of 75......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:22:57 pm »
Well, the Good Book says 3 score and ten.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »
BS....... I am positive he thinks he should live till he is 75....................................make no mistake the rest of us will outlive our usefulness by age 65 or less!  Count on it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 07:14:16 pm »
The gall of this POS....... **nononono*

How old are HIS parents?

Ben Shapiro, writing at Breitbart, points out that Emanuel’s parents are already beyond the years Zeke would allot them. Oops!