Author Topic: Muslim Student Challenges Jewish Professor, He Shuts Her Up On The Spot  (Read 8658 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Muslim Student Challenges Jewish Professor, He Shuts Her Up On The Spot
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 04:09:47 pm »
Most people can't bring themselves to consider the possibility that maybe they are wrong, but reviewing and criticizing even your own beliefs is critical to the evolution of thought. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Funny.

You're the one who's wrong and won't admit it, and I'm the one who recognizes the bigger picture, but won't buckle to leftist rhetoric, such as yours.

Funny. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 04:12:34 pm »
Wow.  That's an incredible distortion of reality.  More evidence that you are a liberal, trained in twisting things to fit your agenda.

But my point remains.......

Until you stop defending Obama on this forum as "not any worse than anyone else," the vast majority of us who are thinking conservatives will understand that you (a liberal) are being disingenuous.

The fact that one or two on this forum hate Republicans as much as they hate Democrats, and cheer you on, regardless of the truth about who the vicious anti-American nature of today's Democrat party, is irrelevant.

The Republican party is not actively seeking to destroy the very fabric of this nation as the Democrats are.  And no hatred, nor hyperbolic rhetoric on your part will make it so. There are two factions of the Republican party......one of which is addicted to power and corrupt, and one of which is genuinely seeking to fix what's wrong in the country.  As angry and frustrated as I have been and still am about some in the Republican party, I'm not stupid enough to say the parties are exactly the same.

You are naïve if you think there's no difference.  And you are wrong.

There certainly IS a difference.  I see the problem (regarding the OT) as since we don't control the MSM and 'our' message' is distorted to such a degree, that they feel putting all their chips on the bet that people are getting as fed up as we've been with the Democrats and will naturally vote them out.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 04:18:00 pm »
I'm not stupid enough to say the parties are exactly the same.

You are naïve if you think there's no difference.  And you are wrong.

I don't think they are exactly the same, but I do believe they are very similar and that they are using different forms of manipulation to work towards a similar goal.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:20:15 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 04:27:10 pm »
I don't think they are exactly the same, but I do believe they are very similar and that they are using different forms of manipulation to work towards a similar goal.

You're still wrong.

But thanks for enlightening me with your thoughts.

I'd be so dumb and narrow minded if I didn't have these discussions with 'evolved' people like you, wouldn't I?

Thanks for bringing me out of my cave......

(Sorry, but encountering liberal arrogance heightens my naturally sarcastic nature).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »
You're still wrong.

But thanks for enlightening me with your thoughts.

I'd be so dumb and narrow minded if I didn't have these discussions with 'evolved' people like you, wouldn't I?

Thanks for bringing me out of my cave......

(Sorry, but encountering liberal arrogance heightens my naturally sarcastic nature).

It was never my intention to offend you. If I thought you were a narrow minded ignoramus I would not waste my time trying to illustrate my point of view to you. I believe you're wrong, but that doesn't mean that I think you're unintelligent. I've rather enjoyed disagreeing with you during my time here, and I'm sorry that it needs to become offensive instead of just being a disagreement between two intelligent people. 
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »
When one's political policies have demonstrably failed the last argument remaining is to claim equivalency with the opposing view.  It is the final, futile defense.

The truth of the matter is that very few of us here like the GOP, and most of us were very wary of George W. Bush.  We disagreed with most of what he did.  What kept us going was the certainty that things would have been a heck of a lot worse had the Democrats been in charge.  Only a Kool-Aid drinking, disillusioned idiot would fail to see that the past six years have borne that out.

Most Americans today are afraid of capitalism and free markets because they have never lived in a time when the game wasn't rigged.  Those of us who are a bit older can remember economic expansion, upward mobility, people fully engaged, and an America coming together under the idea of limitless possibilities. 

We are in desperate need of a leader who can articulate that vision again, and a people who will embrace it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 04:49:57 pm »
When one's political policies have demonstrably failed the last argument remaining is to claim equivalency with the opposing view.  It is the final, futile defense.

The truth of the matter is that very few of us here like the GOP, and most of us were very wary of George W. Bush.  We disagreed with most of what he did.  What kept us going was the certainty that things would have been a heck of a lot worse had the Democrats been in charge.  Only a Kool-Aid drinking, disillusioned idiot would fail to see that the past six years have borne that out.

Most Americans today are afraid of capitalism and free markets because they have never lived in a time when the game wasn't rigged.  Those of us who are a bit older can remember economic expansion, upward mobility, people fully engaged, and an America coming together under the idea of limitless possibilities. 

We are in desperate need of a leader who can articulate that vision again, and a people who will embrace it.

Amen!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 04:53:18 pm »

:amen: Brother!  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »
It was never my intention to offend you. If I thought you were a narrow minded ignoramus I would not waste my time trying to illustrate my point of view to you. I believe you're wrong, but that doesn't mean that I think you're unintelligent. I've rather enjoyed disagreeing with you during my time here, and I'm sorry that it needs to become offensive instead of just being a disagreement between two intelligent people.

I was being sarcastic in response to your liberal rhetoric.

To the point of this thread....  The current administration is supportive of the mindset of the young Muslim woman in the video.

The current administration believes that people like me......Tea Party conservatives, who are also still Republicans....... are a worse enemy than those who would like to kill us all and wipe out Israel.

Until you lose the naivte that says both parties are the same, you will have your eyes closed to the dangers we are now facing.

Since you are roughly half my age, consider it a word to the wise from an elder who wants young Americans like you, left or right, to wake up to the very real threats we now face thanks to a virulently anti-American Democrat party, and a very weak and divided Republican party.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »

"Well, he sucks, but at least I agree with him more than the other guy." That's not a situation that I am content with.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2014, 05:06:35 pm »
I was being sarcastic in response to your liberal rhetoric.

I am well aware of what you were doing, but your sarcasm seemed to come from a belief that I am incredibly arrogant and that I believe you're an idiot for not seeing things my way. That's simply not true. I don't think I'm better than or more intelligent than anybody because of a difference of opinion. I don't understand why disagreements need to devolve into name calling and hostility. Like it or not there are incredibly intelligent people that exist on both sides of almost any belief system you could name. Maybe they are misguided or even ignorant, but that doesn't make any of them unintelligent. I wish the questioning of intelligence and unnecessary hostility didn't even need to be part of the conversation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:08:10 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »
"Well, he sucks, but at least I agree with him more than the other guy." That's not a situation that I am content with.

The point I have been trying (obviously unsuccessfully) to make to you, is that the TRUTH is that they don't all "suck."

If you don't think there is a single political figure who has integrity and loves America, I feel very sorry for you.

We ALL agree that there are not enough.  Not even close.  But there are NONE in the radical leftist, amoral, deceitful, filthy Democrat party now in control.  There are SOME who are Republicans.

I would suggest that, if you believe there are no politicians of any decency, that you run for office yourself and start to fix things.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

Polled, most people would say that they don't trust A) Democrats, or B) Republicans in probably equal numbers.

But if asked a follow-up question of whether or not they trust government, I think a majority of those polled who responded to either A or B of the first question, would answer "no" to the second.

Government is made up of both "A" and "B", and even Reagan said that government was the problem.

We all keep trying to make the argument that some individual will show up and make everything "right" by being a "leader"; we're always looking for a savior.

There simply ain't one coming, and if that person ever does show up they will meet a fate very similar to the last one that came here, at the hands of the very same people... those whose power will be threatened by his existence.

There is only one solution, and Thomas Jefferson knew what that solution is.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Dexter

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2014, 05:12:13 pm »

If you don't think there is a single political figure who has integrity and loves America, I feel very sorry for you.

I do believe that there are individual politicians with integrity and a desire to do good, but I believe they are and will remain ineffective within the confines of a corrupt two party system.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »
Polled, most people would say that they don't trust A) Democrats, or B) Republicans in probably equal numbers.

But if asked a follow-up question of whether or not they trust government, I think a majority of those polled who responded to either A or B of the first question, would answer "no" to the second.

Government is made up of both "A" and "B", and even Reagan said that government was the problem.

We all keep trying to make the argument that some individual will show up and make everything "right" by being a "leader"; we're always looking for a savior.

There simply ain't one coming, and if that person ever does show up they will meet a fate very similar to the last one that came here, at the hands of the very same people... those whose power will be threatened by his existence.

There is only one solution, and Thomas Jefferson knew what that solution is.

:thumbsup:
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2014, 05:17:08 pm »
I am well aware of what you were doing, but your sarcasm seemed to come from a belief that I am incredibly arrogant and that I believe you're an idiot for not seeing things my way. That's simply not true. I don't think I'm better than or more intelligent than anybody because of a difference of opinion. I don't understand why disagreements need to devolve into name calling and hostility. Like it or not there are incredibly intelligent people that exist on both sides of almost any belief system you could name. Maybe they are misguided or even ignorant, but that doesn't make any of them unintelligent. I wish the questioning of intelligence and unnecessary hostility didn't even need to be part of the conversation.

I don't for one minute think you're unintelligent (and have never even remotely implied that)......and I'm not at all offended that you think that, because I don't agree with you, I'm deliberately blind to reality (You've stated that here).  I don't take liberal opinions personally, especially those voiced on the Internet. 

But I won't sing Kumbaya with a liberal.......even a polite one, and I will continue to state my view that your opinions are naïve.  (That's not "name-calling."  It's observation based on what I believe is a greater depth of understanding of the situation we are presently living through, and a much deeper knowledge of Barack Obama, his radical background, and his complete lack of integrity).

Sorry.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 05:21:15 pm »
Bumper sticker:

No matter who you vote for, the government always wins.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »
Bumper sticker:

No matter who you vote for, the government always wins.

:beer:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »
I will continue to state my view that your opinions are naïve...

Not just naive, but intellectually vacuous and predictable.  Government is corrupt, so we need more government to keep it from becoming corrupt.  It is absent any reasonable logic, which is why you can never really win an argument with a liberal.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 05:25:42 pm »
Not just naive, but intellectually vacuous and predictable.  Government is corrupt, so we need more government to keep it from becoming corrupt.  It is absent any reasonable logic, which is why you can never really win an argument with a liberal.

That's not what I believe at all.
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 05:26:14 pm »
Most people can't bring themselves to consider the possibility that maybe they are wrong, but reviewing and criticizing even your own beliefs is critical to the evolution of thought. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Most people simply can't do that, so they adhere to the "white hat, black hat" view of politics.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Most people simply can't do that, so they adhere to the "white hat, black hat" view of politics.

I continue to be ever impressed by your contributions here.

:thumbsup:
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2014, 05:28:12 pm »

Right.

Which is why I'm going to stop now.   :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »
This is a quote from Dex4974 from another thread. This is the guy some here are accusing of being a liberal:

There are so many people that have no faith in the two party system. If there was a viable third party I believe that millions of people would come out of the woodwork. If the two party system is compromised, which I believe it is, then they've already won. We need to fight to take it back before it's too late.

"... if there was a viable third party..."

Isn't that the whole idea behind the Tea Party?

How does agreeing with the idea behind the Tea Party movement suddenly make someone a liberal in this forum?

Truth is that this argument seems to be developing into a collectivism v. individualism fight.

"If you don't agree with me and say what I want you to say, then you're obviously one of them."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:39:22 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »
I do believe that there are individual politicians with integrity and a desire to do good, but I believe they are and will remain ineffective within the confines of a corrupt two party system.

I don't believe for a minute that one can feed with pigs and smell of roses.

There isn't a big-time politician in the US (maybe the world) who hasn't been forced to compromise their integrity to one degree or another along the way to the level of big-time politics.

Those who are in power have already traded integrity for power, and will not allow anyone to ascend to their level who isn't willing to do the same along the way to the top.

Case in point, Obama isn't liberal enough for the progressives who helped him rise to the top.

In their eyes, he compromised his integrity.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:45:41 pm by Luis Gonzalez »