Author Topic: NBC: Survive Home Invasion By Cooperating With Invaders, 'Treat Them Like Royalty'  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/09/15/NBC-Survive-Home-Invasion-By-Cooperating-With-Invaders-Treat-Them-Like-Royalty

by AWR Hawkins 15 Sep 2014

On September 8 NBC's Today show aired a segment on how to survive a home invasion. That advice included cooperating with the invaders -- "treat them like royalty" -- and telling them the location of everything they want in the house.

Spoiler: The advice did not include acquiring a gun for the defense of one's life, the lives of one's family, and one's property.

During the segment, correspondent Jeff Rossen spoke with former NYPD detective and hostage negotiator William Zeins. Together, the two discussed scenarios and what a homeowner should do if an invader targets his or her home.

Zeins said you should "absolutely" tell the invaders where "the money" and "the jewelry" are if they corner or capture you. He said you should "treat them like royalty... [Don't] lie to them."

He said you might avoid capture by keeping a can of "wasp spray" by your bed with which to spray the invaders in the face. But he did not explain how "wasp spray" beats an intruder armed with a shotgun or 9 mm handgun.

Zeins did say you might distract or frighten away the invader with horns and flashing lights by pressing the panic button on your car alarm.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
He said you might avoid capture by keeping a can of "wasp spray" by your bed with which to spray the invaders in the face. But he did not explain how "wasp spray" beats an intruder armed with a shotgun or 9 mm handgun.

We've lost our dignity as a nation.  I have to say, though, this strategy isn't a lot different from Obama's plan for dealing with Islamic extremism.

"Wasp spray" must certainly be a euphemism for small canisters which dispense hot, poisonous lead in small but fast-moving doses.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I don't even know what to say.   :thud:

I'm surprised they didn't advise the "captured" family to pee on the invaders.

**nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

I don't even know what to say.   :thud:

I'm surprised they didn't advise the "captured" family to pee on the invaders.

**nononono*

Awww, isn't it cute.  Home invaders should be treated like Santa Claus with tea and crackers.  Maybe the invaders would like to spend the night and be tucked into bed by the victims. :3:

Offline GourmetDan

I thought we were supposed to hide whistles around the house to blow and thereby deter crime...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Well, hello, Mr. Invader!  I'd like to introduce you to Misters Smith and Wesson!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Charlespg

Zeins said you should "absolutely" tell the invaders where "the money" and "the jewelry" are if they corner or capture you. He said you should "treat them like royalty... [Don't] lie to them."   
People who  are this dammed stupid should  be the ones to have
their throats cut by muslim terrorists  **nononono* :chairbang:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline GourmetDan

OK Zeins... what if they decide they want your wife to give them a BJ... or what if they want you to do it?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline NavyCanDo

Home invaders needn't be shown any cooperation or kindness. In my book, Home Invasion is an extremely violent action that needs to meet an extremely violent reaction.

You have to assume they intend to leave no witnesses, and too often it ends that way.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is a safe bet that there are dozens or more 'royalty' researching this guy's address even as we speak. He just rolled out a red carpet to be robbed.

Just when you think the Left cannot get any more stupid, they always do something to top themselves.

What a nation America has become. There have always been people who think this way, and he can think anyway he wants. But for it to broadcast on TV as real normal advice is the distinction in where we are today as a country.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

What a nation America has become. There have always been people who think this way, and he can think anyway he wants. But for it to broadcast on TV as real normal advice is the distinction in where we are today as a country.

I disagree.   You have to take into account the social news network we've got today.

Anybody with a weird opinion has a chance of making the so-called news cycle.  It is not a sign the country is declining.

As you said..."there have always been people who think this way"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm not sure we can hold Kansas...this is why we needed Roberts defeated in the primary...

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=5C1FB2B7-A662-4E7F-AD7A-4136C57525B2

Poll: Greg Orman leads Pat Roberts in Kansas
By: Kyle Cheney
September 16, 2014 10:00 AM EDT

Independent Greg Orman has opened up a lead in his effort to unseat Republican Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts, according to a new poll from Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.

Orman leads Roberts 41-34, with Democrat Chad Taylor — who announced plans to end his campaign earlier this month — capturing 6 percent of the vote. Libertarian Randall Batson earned 4 percent support in the poll, which was first provided to the Huffington Post. The automated phone and online survey of 1,328 likely voters was taken between Sept. 11 and Sept. 14. The margin of error is plus-or-minus 2.7 percentage points.

In a head-to-head matchup, Orman’s lead grows to 10 percentage points, according to the poll.

The poll is the first to show Orman with a clear lead, even with Taylor included among the pool of candidates. Taylor has attempted to withdraw from the race entirely and is suing to remove his name from the November ballot.

Even more significantly, PPP did not prompt respondents about Taylor ending his campaign before conducting the ballot test. The majority of Taylor supporters said they know that he has asked to be removed from the ballot, and a subsequent question showed 63 percent of likely voters think he should be allowed to withdraw his name.

The state Supreme Court will hear arguments Tuesday in the case. Taylor is appealing GOP Secretary of State Kris Kobach’s decision to keep his name on the ballot.

In the other marquee statewide race, Democrat Paul Davis has a slight, 4-point lead over GOP Gov. Sam Brownback, 42 percent to 38 percent, with a Libertarian candidate at 7 percent.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When I was young, 'News' was every evening at 6 o'clock. And that was all. Of course there was the newspaper and CNN, but those were sort of one off outlets. 6 o'clock was dinner time with the news on in the background, every day.

But now with so many media outlets, and the constant pressure to broadcast something, anything, much more makes it to 'news' that ever would have a few decades ago. There is no doubt about that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think Ross Perot proved that with enough money, an independent was an attractive alternative.

Many voters are not so much into ideology to worry if the guy/gal leans left or right.

So this fellow Orman looks good in several ways. He's younger. He's been both a democrat and a republican.

This poll does not surprise me in the slightest.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ArneFufkin

Cook up some cocoa and engage the intruders in a pajama-clad "teach in" about the wonders of Single Payer Health Care!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Well, hello, Mr. Invader!  I'd like to introduce you to Misters Smith and Wesson!"

:thumbsup3:

Offline NavyCanDo

Say Hello to my friends, The Three Amigos.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Carling

It is a safe bet that there are dozens or more 'royalty' researching this guy's address even as we speak. He just rolled out a red carpet to be robbed.

I'm sure that guy has a weapon or two in his own home.  Only the unwashed masses should do without guns, according to the liberal elite.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
rb wrote above:
[[ We've lost our dignity as a nation.  I have to say, though, this strategy isn't a lot different from Obama's plan for dealing with Islamic extremism. ]]

I predict that Obama's response to a catastrophic islamic attack would be similar to the NBC recommendation above:
"Treat them like royalty"...

Offline RaccoonRevolution

Treat them like royalty? Ok can I refer to my royal as Czar Nicholas II?

Online mountaineer

Wait a minute. Does this mean we're not supposed to take Joe Biden's advice and fire a shotgun into the air?
So confused ...  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org