Author Topic: Obama urges Scotland not to ruin America's 'special relationship' with Britain by voting for independence  (Read 521 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756788/Obama-urges-Scotland-not-ruin-America-s-special-relationship-voting-independence.html

US President's intervention comes just 3 days before Thursday's referendum
    Up to 500,000 voters undecided amid concerns over membership of Nato
    Obama said US 'has a deep interest' in keeping the United Kingdom together
    Spokesman said he wanted the UK 'strong, robust, united and an effective'

Offline flowers

Well that is it for me if I had a vote......If he is against it I am for it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Actually - he doesn't want to piss off his base by hosting British Trident subs until Barrow in Furness can be upgraded.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

I'm sure the Scots give a rat's rear end about what Obama wants.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

The separatists in Scotland are Obama's type of folks, according to This story at Truth Revolt (this is an excerpt):
Scottish Separatist Leader Compares Israel To Isis
Anti-Semitism rising in Scotland

Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show on Sunday, Alex Salmond, one of the leaders of the Scottish separatist movement, said: "The Muslim community of Scotland isn't responsible in any shape or form for atrocities or extremism, just like a few weeks ago the Jewish community of Scotland wasn't responsible for the policies of the state of Israel.

Salmond appeared on the program to discuss Thursday's vote for Scottish independence. But the discussion began with the brutal murder of British aid worker David Haines, the tape of which was revealed by ISIS Saturday evening. When asked to comment on the ISIS terror group’s beheading of Haines, the Scottish leader said:

"The Muslim community of Scotland isn't responsible in any shape or form for atrocities or extremism, just like a few weeks ago the Jewish community of Scotland wasn't responsible for the policies of the state of Israel. Thankfully we have strong communities and therefore we haven't had difficulty in that, but it's something we must have total vigilance [over]."

Vivian Wineman, The President of the Board of Deputies of Board of Deputies of British Jews, commented on Salmond's comparison in the "Jewish Chronicle:"

“Any attempt to equate the actions of the democratically-elected Israeli government in defending its citizens from attack with the despicable cold-blooded murder of a British aid worker by terrorists would be self-evidently absurd and vile and we cannot conceive that this was the First Minister’s intention.

There has been a sharp rise in Antisemitism in Scotland following the Israeli military operation in Gaza in July. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org