Author Topic: Obama: Assad Shooting At American Planes Would Lead To His Overthrow  (Read 440 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-assad-shooting-at-american-planes-would-lead-to-his-overthrow-2014-9

President Barack Obama would seek to overthrow the regime of Bashar al-Assad if American planes were attacked upon entering Syrian air space, Peter Baker of The New York Times reports.

If Assad's troops fired at American planes entering Syrian airspace, "Obama said he would order American forces to wipe out Syria’s air defense system," Baker reports. "He went on to say that such an action by Mr. Assad would lead to his overthrow, according to one account."

On Wednesday, Obama announced that he had authorized US airstrikes in Syria while laying out a four-part strategy to "destroy" and "eradicate" radical ISIS militants who have captured roughly a third of Syria and a third of Iraq.

Since August, US warplanes have backed Iraqi soldiers, Kurdish peshmerga fighters, and Iranian-backed Shia militiamen as they attempt to roll back ISIS gains in Iraq.

Baker, who spoke with 10 people who spoke to the president leading up to his speech on Wednesday, writes that Obama "struck his guests as less certain about the endgame on the Syrian side, where he has called for Mr. Assad to step down and must now rely on the same moderate Syrian rebels he refused to arm in the past."

Syrian rebels associated with the Western-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA) have scoffed at Obama's plan, saying that it rushes to target ISIS while ignoring Assad.

"I don't really understand this sudden fuss about ISIS," one FSA fighter told The Guardian. "They killed people, but Bashar has been killing for the last three years. But nobody seems to be interested in that anymore."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:32:08 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

Re: Obama: Assad Shooting At American Planes Would Lead To His Overthrow
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »
So now we know what the plan is, a US jet will be shot down. White HOuse will say it was Assad. MSM will of course have all the details to prove it.  Obama will have a photo-op of him greeting the casket. Then he will have a presser telling the world assad now has to go.

I am guessing Putin will have something to say about this should it happen.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:52 pm »
Never, ever trust an Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:15 pm »
So now we know what the plan is, a US jet will be shot down. White HOuse will say it was Assad. MSM will of course have all the details to prove it.  Obama will have a photo-op of him greeting the casket. Then he will have a presser telling the world assad now has to go.

Those were my thoughts exactly.  That's exactly what they are planning! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »

He talks a good game.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/