Author Topic: United Kingdom, Germany Will Not Participate in Obama's Airstrike Against ISIS  (Read 788 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/09/11/UK-and-Germany-Will-Not-Participate-In-Obama-s-Airstrike-Against-ISIS

by AWR Hawkins 11 Sep 2014

On September 11, both Britain and Germany made clear that they will not be participating in President Obama's planned airstrikes against ISIS.

This came one day after Obama assured Americans that the United States would be "joined by a broad coalition of partners" against ISIS.

According to HotAir.com, Britain and Germany do not plan on being part of that "broad coalition," as far as airstrikes are concerned. British foreign secretary Philip Hammond said Parliament decided against participating in airstrikes in 2013, and it won't be "revisiting" the matter. German foreign minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said his country would not participate either.

Steinmeier's exact words: "To be quite clear, we have not been asked to do so and neither will we do so."

This draws attention to a crucial, tactical distinction between Obama and George W. Bush concerning their respective fights against Islamic militants. Against Saddam Hussein, Bush had a coalition of 18 other countries. But Newsbusters.org reports Obama's "broad coalition" consists of only 9 countries who have agreed to fight against ISIS.

In February 2003, just one month before the U.S. invaded Iraq, the Media Research Center reported Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) accused Bush of "[threatening] to go it alone" because his coalition against Hussein only contained 18 other countries.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
"Steinmeier's exact words: "To be quite clear, we have not been asked to do so and neither will we do so."

Obama's including countries in his "broad coalition" that he hasn't even talked to?  God, please?  Make it stop!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Well, to be fair, the exact words of our Foreign Secretary is that we will not be taking part in airstrikes in Syria.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

Well, to be fair, the exact words of our Foreign Secretary is that we will not be taking part in airstrikes in Syria.

Why do I get the feeling that this whole thing is going to blow up in our faces?   **nononono*

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why do I get the feeling that this whole thing is going to blow up in our faces?   **nononono*

Experience?  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

Experience?  :shrug:

Sigh...

with age comes wisdom. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

More proof, that they all 'know' exactly what Barry's game plan REALLY is in Syria.  To help ISIS overthrow Assad.  And to actually impede local opposition militias that are finding the courage to face ISIS. 

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

More proof, that they all 'know' exactly what Barry's game plan REALLY is in Syria.  To help ISIS overthrow Assad.  And to actually impede local opposition militias that are finding the courage to face ISIS. 

It's a pretty transparent scheme isn't it?  Being pressured to eradicate ISIS - Obama & Co have decided to make it look like they're fighting ISIS, but in reality - they will be helping ISIS.  Everyone is starting to see it now. 

Offline NavyCanDo

The coalition of the "Yea go forit, and good luck to you".
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

And we call follow this all the way back Benghazi which I believe was overseeing the movement of weapons to the Syrian rebels.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

In February 2003, just one month before the U.S. invaded Iraq, the Media Research Center reported Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) accused Bush of "[threatening] to go it alone" because his coalition against Hussein only contained 18 other countries.

Let's see how many of the LIV actually believe that Bush's "unilateral, go it alone" coalition of 18 other countries was not as strong as Obama's "broad coalition" of only 9.

And that it doesn't include either Great Britain OR Germany........

Betcha any money that the illiterate, brain-dead left still believe that Obama got other countries to go along with him, and Bush didn't.

Idiots.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

One wonders if Obuttocks discussed his plans at all with our allies before he opened up his big mouth about coalitions and allies.

Offline flowers

One wonders if Obuttocks discussed his plans at all with our allies before he opened up his big mouth about coalitions and allies.
from this article Germany says nobody asked them so i doubt it. he is lying about wanting to kill isis so no way he told any of our allies
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:08:56 pm by flowers »

rangerrebew

They are simply learning what people at this site have known for years; Obama is untrustworthy and anything he says is probably a lie.  Would you go to war with someone like that?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
They are simply learning what people at this site have known for years; Obama is untrustworthy and anything he says is probably a lie.  Would you go to war with someone like that?

At the same time, I have no doubt whatsoever that if it was George W. Bush, they'd be locked arm in arm together in going after these troglodytes.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald