Author Topic: Prayers Needed.....  (Read 15031 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Prayers Needed.....
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:17 pm »
Heart breaking news, DCP, but the right decision for your son and his young family.

Prayers continue daily for the healing process. 

God Bless him and God give him the strength in the coming days.

Indeed.  Prayers for all DCP.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »
If anyone cares to light a candle for Cliff and his family ....

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

I set up a group called CLIFF.

(You can search the group at the bottom of the page)

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:14:45 pm by IZZY ANN »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »
That is a shame, DC.  I am very sorry to hear it. 

In the long run there is no reason why he won't be able to live a long, productive and happy life.  When I was in college I was assigned to write an essay for a class and decided to interview women who had survived breast cancer.  Many of them told me that in a strange way their cancer was the best thing to happen to them.  I sincerely hope that in 10 years time your son says the same thing about all he is going through now.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2014, 09:59:44 pm »
That is a shame, DC.  I am very sorry to hear it. 

In the long run there is no reason why he won't be able to live a long, productive and happy life.  When I was in college I was assigned to write an essay for a class and decided to interview women who had survived breast cancer.  Many of them told me that in a strange way their cancer was the best thing to happen to them.  I sincerely hope that in 10 years time your son says the same thing about all he is going through now.

There is a level of clarity a serious medical situation can provide.  It allows you to recognize you need to do what you need to do to survive.
Good luck to your son, D.C.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2014, 11:52:24 pm »
Very sorry to hear DC, but sounds like it would have been so much worse had he not made the decision.  I'm sure Cliff will get a lot of help from you and his family.  Take care. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2014, 01:11:01 am »
I'm so sorry to hear this, DC, but firmly agree with others who have said that it's the right decision.  He'll be able to live a normal life, and I think won't regret this decision, under the circumstances.

Cliff will be in my prayers tomorrow and all of you.  The coming days will be difficult, but God is faithful!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2014, 01:53:08 am »
Update:

Cliff spoke with surgeons and when they spelled it out for him, he (rather quickly) opted for them to amputate his leg.  Surgery is tomorrow.

They told him that he would never be able to walk normally and that he would be dragging "that thing" behind him for the rest of his life.  Furthermore, they told him that it has already almost killed him twice already and he would continue to be subject to possible blood clots.

What made him settle on his decision was also when they told him he would need further surgeries every few days for the next 3+ weeks...cleaning it...staving off infections, etc..  Cliff said he's been through a virtual hell and cannot stand the pain and suffering any longer.

We're all perversely happy about his decision, as it's been a terrible stress on his wife and brother, who've spent virtually all their time at the hospital, even sleeping there.  Everybody needs to get on with life.

We also know it's going to be a long haul for him...getting off the pain killers and other drug cocktails necessary to keep him sedated, and also the physical therapy.

He's a strong man.  We're all very proud of him for reconciling the situation so quickly.

Once more, thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes and for allowing me to share this ordeal with you all.

Sorry to hear this, DCP, but under the circumstances it sounds like your son has made the right decision.

And from what we have learned of him via your posts, I expect that he will move forward with the rest of his life even stronger for this event.  Don't be surprised if he is once again golfing, coaching, working, and living life sooner than anyone expects!!  Prosthetics these days are amazing in their functionality and comfort, and Cliff sounds like the kind of guy that will do all that he needs to make the most  of it!!

Our prayers will continue for you all...

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:55 am »
If anyone cares to light a candle for Cliff and his family ....

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

I set up a group called CLIFF.

(You can search the group at the bottom of the page)

Thanks

What a very nice idea, IA!!  I went to the link and found the candle group for Cliff and lit one too!!  Thank you for starting this group for Cliff!!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2014, 02:02:38 am »
Ongoing prayers for Cliff's healing and speedy recovery, strength for the road ahead.  It may not be the ending that we want, but he has much to be thankful for - he is alive and able to be with his family.  Prayers for you too DC!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2014, 02:07:43 am »
It may not be the ending that we want, but he has much to be thankful for - he is alive and able to be with his family.

Exactly....his life is more important.....praying that this speeds his recovery...he will overcome this like many others have....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2014, 04:19:00 am »
Thank you so much, everyone!  And thank you IzzyAnn, for the thoughtful candle site for Cliff.  Went there earlier, but couldn't find it...will try again later.  LOL!  Not that computer savvy.

Just returned from the hospital and Cliff seems to be in pretty good spirits, considering.  He said he's scheduled "1st thing in the morning".

He's already planning on changing his vehicle to a Jeep...something he can get in and out of...a rear area that can accommodate a wheelchair, etc., if he feels like using one.

As you said, Myst, the doctor told him there are prosthetics for the beach, for jogging, for playing golf and so on.

Got to admit however, I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around all of it.   :shrug:  In one moment, your life changes completely.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »
Praying for you this morning!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2014, 01:45:50 pm »
I lit a candle.  Nice site!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »
Got to admit however, I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around all of it.   :shrug:  In one moment, your life changes completely.

Yeah...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2014, 01:58:08 pm »
Thanks musiclady and Lando...

On my way up there now...  He 'chased' us out last night about midnight, so that he could be alone with his brother, Jason.  They wanted to talk and pray together.   

They're very close....not only brothers 2 years apart, but partners in owning a real estate firm in Gaithersburg, MD.

Expect that he's in recovery by this time.

His new journey begins....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »

Everything go OK and recovering now?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »
Everything go OK and recovering now?

Yes, Dan.

He's in very good spirits, considering.  He's looking forward to getting out of the hospital and on with his rehabiliation, etc..

Thank you Myst, for allowing me the opportunity to communicate all the events, updates, etc..  Couldn't have gotten through this without all the prayers and well wishes from everybody.

NOTE:  I will respectfully ask all future inquiries be done by PM...so that we can all put this behind us.  It's time.  Hope you all understand. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »

Elias, Clifford and teammate.

My son with his brand new prosthetic arrived yesterday (Friday)

Next day, he's taking my grandson Eli to his first traveling tournament of the season in Hershey, PA.

Just wanted to share this with all here who were engaged on the thread.  Thank you all, very much. 

The power of prayer....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2015, 10:01:02 pm »
He looks wonderful!!!....yes indeed...Praise the Lord for answering our prayers.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2015, 10:13:49 pm »
Arriving at the end of this thread and seeing a smiling young man with his new leg.  Continued blessings on this family.

Offline flowers

« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:06 pm »

Next day, he's taking my grandson Eli to his first traveling tournament of the season in Hershey, PA.

Just wanted to share this with all here who were engaged on the thread.  Thank you all, very much. 

The power of prayer....
How wonderful.....thanks for the update

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2015, 10:28:54 pm »

The power of prayer....

So glad to hear the news DC - he's come a long way!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2015, 11:09:58 pm »
I join in the praise to the Lord for this answer to prayer!

Thanks for letting us know, DC.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2015, 01:55:53 am »
Thank you all for the well wishes/acknowledgments today.

It's true when they say,  "This too, shall pass!"   :laugh:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2015, 02:18:30 am »
I haven't been around in a few days, so I missed this.  Great pic!  So happy to see!