Author Topic: Prayers Needed.....  (Read 15013 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Prayers Needed.....
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »
Thank you, musiclady, MAC, Lando and EC!

I going to see him this evening again, with.......ADAM!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 01:25:09 pm »
Cliff had a major setback last night around midnight. 

At 1AM, he woke up in tremendous pain and Jason discovered a pool of blood from his ankle to his butt. 

They rushed him into surgery at 1AM for 2 hours.  He blew his artery.  Doctors told Jason. "this is a bad one".

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 01:27:35 pm »

At 1AM, he woke up in tremendous pain and Jason discovered a pool of blood from his ankle to his butt. 

They rushed him into surgery at 1AM for 2 hours.  He blew his artery.  Doctors told Jason. "this is a bad one".

Very sorry to hear this, DC.  I am hoping and praying for the best.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:12 pm »

Sorry to hear the news DC.  Prayers for Clifford and for his doctors and healthcare team - and continued prayers for you. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:07 pm »
Very sorry to hear this, DC.  I am hoping and praying for the best.

Thank you, Victor.

Jason tried to explain the problem here.   They must save his foot in order for the rest of the leg to heal.  Otherwise it's not just amputating below the knee...it would mean from the upper thigh.  (Even though the stitches begin just below the knee).

They asked me to just be on call to pick up children from school and getting them safely home, etc..  Asked me not to come to the hospital right now.

He's back in ICU for now, so he's getting the best possible care available.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2014, 01:41:51 pm »
I was hoping he was over the hump...and on the road to recovery...keeping him in my prayers....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »
Doesn't sound good right now, but I understand not wanting a lot of folks at the hospital at this time.  Anyway it sounds like you are able to help out in other ways, and that's good.  Hang in there.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »
Just remembered Cliff in morning prayers before finding this setback message. Will keep thoughts and prayers going for Cliff for the remainder of the day. Hang in there DC.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »
Not great, but not too bad either. Jason was right there, and they got him in to OR fast. Chances are still good that this repair will hold. Don't be surprised if they increase his sedation for a time so he can't move.

Praying hard.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 02:17:46 pm »
Will be continuing to keep Clifford in prayer throughout the day.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:59 pm »
Hang in there DCP... prayers continue.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 03:28:33 pm »
Thank you everybody!   :patriot:

Must be getting 'old' in the eyes of the family.   Jason gave me explicit orders (in a text) on picking up my grandson from his school...and added, "Counting on you pops...don't screw this up!"   LOL!

I've been voicing concerns on how cavalier the attitude has been this past week.  It's been exactly a week since the accident...almost to the minute.

Suggested last weekend to Jason they back off on the revolving door of visitors and well-wishers...having a dozen people in the room supposedly watching the BILLS game on Sunday.  On a laptop!!  Chicken wings, pizza, etc..  Told them it's a trauma unit, not a walk-in clinic.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:28:57 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline flowers

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 03:59:32 pm »
Sorry about the setback......still praying.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 01:58:54 am »
Sorry about the setback......still praying.

Hi flowers.....

Just returned from the hospital.  They have him intubated and will keep him knocked out till tomorrow morning.  They did an angiogram and the doctors "liked what they saw".   So, we're starting back at square one.  ICU.

Hopefully, Jason will take control and keep everybody but immediate family away...so that he can heal without all the excitement.

Offline Reaganite Republican

• Reaganite Republican
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:53 am »
Sorry you're going through such a tough patch, DCP

Prayers-across-the-miles...

RR

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 10:48:11 am »
Sorry you're going through such a tough patch, DCP

Prayers-across-the-miles...

RR

Thanks, RR!    :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 08:44:38 pm »
Update:

I received a call from my son Jason, that Cliff has some serious issues going on at the moment.  They will not touch the leg anymore at this time as he has an embolism in his lung.  Right now they have him sedated and quiet and plan on transferring him from Suburban Hospital to Baltimore Shock Trauma.

They are supposedly recognized as one of the very best in the country for dealing with matters such as this.  A 95% success rate I heard!

They removed the bandage (saran wrap-like) on his leg, but cannot move it...cannot put him under because of the blood clot in his lung.

His fever is very high.   Jason is wondering why they didn't move him to Baltimore 48 hrs ago when they first discovered the embolism. I guess they were trying to dissolve it or something and stopped for some reason.  Must be pretty bad.

My son BEGGED me not to come and to let him and Cliff's wife deal with everything.  I don't want to get in the way, and he PROMISED me he'd let me know when they are ready to transfer him to Baltimore.  Don't know if they are doing it by helicopter or ambulance.  It's a good hour's drive up Rt 95 from Bethesda, MD.

I'm feeling a bit helpless, but cognizant that it's not about me.  Maybe they're concerned about my health too.  Don't know.

Knew we were to expect infections, but never dreamed of this.....

If you get a moment, say a prayer that everything works out here.  Thank you very much. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:45:48 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »
Update:

I received a call from my son Jason, that Cliff has some serious issues going on at the moment.  They will not touch the leg anymore at this time as he has an embolism in his lung.  Right now they have him sedated and quiet and plan on transferring him from Suburban Hospital to Baltimore Shock Trauma.

They are supposedly recognized as one of the very best in the country for dealing with matters such as this.  A 95% success rate I heard!

They removed the bandage (saran wrap-like) on his leg, but cannot move it...cannot put him under because of the blood clot in his lung.

His fever is very high.   Jason is wondering why they didn't move him to Baltimore 48 hrs ago when they first discovered the embolism. I guess they were trying to dissolve it or something and stopped for some reason.  Must be pretty bad.

My son BEGGED me not to come and to let him and Cliff's wife deal with everything.  I don't want to get in the way, and he PROMISED me he'd let me know when they are ready to transfer him to Baltimore.  Don't know if they are doing it by helicopter or ambulance.  It's a good hour's drive up Rt 95 from Bethesda, MD.

I'm feeling a bit helpless, but cognizant that it's not about me.  Maybe they're concerned about my health too.  Don't know.

Knew we were to expect infections, but never dreamed of this.....

If you get a moment, say a prayer that everything works out here.  Thank you very much.

Wow.  So many parallels with me and my wife's cancer.  Infection after infection.  Setback after setback.  And there I was sitting i the hospital room helpless to  do much else except hope.  In our case, it did turn out okay (or quasi okay, she's still in chemo, but cancer-free). 

I know you are just sitting there hoping you can get back to normalcy.  I hope you get some comfort from knowing everyone here hopes the same thing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
I'll be praying, DC!  God is faithful!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 09:08:19 pm »
I'm with you DC.  Hang in there.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 09:08:32 pm »
We've been keeping Cliff and your family in our Prayers each morning,  DCP, and will continue to do so.  Keep your head up and lean on Our Father each moment of the day and night.  Extra prayers up now for all of you!!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2014, 09:15:28 pm »
Oh I'm so sorry to hear of this DC.  Sending healing prayers for Clifford and his healthcare team - prayers can bring miracles!  And now for you, prayers too.  You've had so much to deal with lately, I pray you are holding up OK.  Please let me know if there is anything further I can do - we are all praying and keeping you in our positive thoughts.  You are surrounded by friends here! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2014, 09:46:41 pm »
praying right now...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »
DCP... I keep you, Clifford, your family and the medical team in my prayers every day.  Saying an extra one now. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2014, 10:01:54 am »
DCP... I keep you, Clifford, your family and the medical team in my prayers every day.  Saying an extra one now.

Thank you Lando...and everyone!  Appreciate the prayers and well wishes.

Tried to see Cliff last evening, but Jason begged me not to go into the ICU, as "Cliff was not himself".  Decided to go down to the hospital because nobody was returning my texts or calls.  Even the operator said no nurse could speak to me because they were attending to him.  So I went to see for myself.

Saw that Jason tried to call twice in the middle of the night (turned the volume down when I went there and forgot to reset it).

Jason said it was the most horrific experience he had in his life...one of the doctors said it was "inhumane" what they had to do.

Because of the pulmonary embolism, they couldn't administer anesthesia to remove the vacuum pump and change the wound dressing.  It took 2 hours of what Jason described as pure hell.  Ashamed to say I was glad I wasn't there.

They gave Cliff something to make him 'forget' the experience...kinda like the Men in Black, as Jason described it.  He' wishes they could have given it to him, and he was surprised they didn't tell him to leave the room.

He's being taken to Baltimore later this morning...it's now 6AM.  He's concerned that the vacuum pump they use in transit is not as strong as the one in the ICU, but it is what it is.

Hopefully, the leg can be saved, but Jason has the sick feeling they're going to take it.

Again...it means a lot to know that I have friends and moral support here.  Thanks so much!