Author Topic: Prayers Needed.....  (Read 15035 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Prayers Needed.....
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2014, 12:46:35 pm »
DCP... so sorry the strength of everyone is being so supremely tested.  Sounds like this will be a long journey.  Prayers continue.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2014, 02:25:24 pm »
Still praying DC.   034

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »
As hard as it must be for you, DC ...we do appreciate the updates. Just know, that many prayers are being said for Cliff, you and the rest of your family. Be strong, DC, you remain in our thoughts and hearts. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2014, 03:51:08 pm »
Still praying DC. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2014, 04:19:17 pm »
I can only imagine how hard this must be.

Praying for you and yours.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2014, 05:14:07 pm »
Wow, DCP.  That's frightening and heavy news.

Clifford, you and your family will be in my prayers today.

Please know that you are not alone!   :0001:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2014, 07:48:56 pm »
Hang in there, my friend. We're all praying hard as we can for all of you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2014, 04:04:25 am »
You're not "dumping" anything on anyone.

You're sharing with friends.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2014, 04:46:56 am »
Update:  11_30PM

Not good at all.  I'm exhausted and feeling helpless.

Baltimore Shock Trauma has him on lock-down and nobody but Jason and Rebecca are allowed in.  Jason says there is no sense in me driving up there because he's intubated and not conscious.

CT scan revealed the same artery is bleeding out again.  Cliff's BP fell to 44/20.  How in Lord's name can somebody still be alive with blood pressure that low?  They tied off another tourniquet and gave him 2 more pints of blood.

The leg if full of infection (which we expected) and they cut out as much as they could, but how much has traveled, they don't know.  They told Jay and Rebecca that they will not take the leg before discussing it with Cliff...which we're thinking may be tomorrow.

Haven't even discussed the pulmonary embolism in his lung yet.

I don't know what to do....sorry for dropping all this on you beautiful people.

DC, don't ever feel bad for sharing your burden with us - we're your friends and that's what friends are for.  You know that we are praying for Clifford AND for you - you know you aren't alone in this.  It's hard, but this is too much for you to deal with by yourself - you have to put it in God's hands.  You have to have the faith to LEAVE it in God's hands!  He will pick you up and carry you when you no longer have the strength to walk on your own.

I'm praying that you will find comfort in knowing that all things will happen according to God's plan.....in God's time.  Trust in him and know that he hears you and loves you.  He knows every hair on your head and knew you before you were born.  You don't have to go through this alone!  Know that we are all praying - and that Jesus said where two or more are gathered in my name - there I am also.

We're your friends DC, we love you.  Please lean on us, that's what we're here for. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2014, 05:02:55 am »
DC, don't ever feel bad for sharing your burden with us - we're your friends and that's what friends are for.  You know that we are praying for Clifford AND for you - you know you aren't alone in this.  It's hard, but this is too much for you to deal with by yourself - you have to put it in God's hands.  You have to have the faith to LEAVE it in God's hands!  He will pick you up and carry you when you no longer have the strength to walk on your own.

I'm praying that you will find comfort in knowing that all things will happen according to God's plan.....in God's time.  Trust in him and know that he hears you and loves you.  He knows every hair on your head and knew you before you were born.  You don't have to go through this alone!  Know that we are all praying - and that Jesus said where two or more are gathered in my name - there I am also.

We're your friends DC, we love you.  Please lean on us, that's what we're here for.

YEAH!

What she said!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2014, 10:15:15 am »
Alice, am speechless after reading your post and PM.  Lump in my throat like a baseball with blurry eyes from tears.

First, sorry for my rambling earlier.  Thought better after reading my last three posts updates and deleted them.  (It's one of the bennies of posting in the middle of the night). 

Got showered and dressed just after midnight and got as far as the expressway ramp when I noticed an empty gas tank.  Since I have a diesel...took it as a sign to stop.  Came back home and fell asleep in my clothes.

Just now saw that Jason texted me me at 1:45 am and said Cliff is in recovery and that the conversation will be had with Cliff this morning whether to amputate or do whatever it takes to save it.  He said that most of the muscle in his left calf is simply gone.  Nothing but a hole there.  It's going to be a tough one.

I'm going up there first sign of daylight and even if it's from the waiting room...that's where I'll stay.

Last conversation I had with Cliff was how upset and disappointed he was that he had to cancel his reservation to play Pebble Beach this week.  The corporate convention is being held in California.  Golf is one of his passions.

Feel so bad for him.  He's 44 and a little league coach..his son Elias plays on a select traveling team, even went for a week earlier this summer in Tennessee.

His entire existence will change drastically.  His personality has already gone AWOL.  Just awful..the entire spectacle.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:24 am »
Good morning DC.  Sounds like you had a pretty bad night.  Perhaps some good will come out of today.  I know they're doing everything they can, and I can't imagine what all of your family and you are going through.  But we're good listeners, and our thoughts and prayers continue to be with Cliff and you.  Take care.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2014, 11:15:10 am »
Exactly what Alice said, 1000%.

And you, my friend, take good care of yourself as well.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »
DC, prayers said this morning and will continue with thoughts and prayers through out the day.

If we can help or bring you any comfort then post as often and as much as you want because your friends here are deeply touched, worried and want to help in any way possible.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2014, 04:35:25 pm »

Amen and AMEN!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2014, 06:56:52 pm »
Prayers continuing for you all during this difficult time.  Lean on our Heavenly Father, He wants us to, all we ever need to do is ask for His support, and He gives it gladly and lovingly, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2014, 07:31:18 pm »
Thank you all very much for the words of encouragement and the needed prayers.

Got to the hospital at 9:30am and finally got to go into the room at 1:30pm for about 15 minutes.

Cliff is intubated and knocked out, so I didn't get a chance to look into his eyes.  But it was very cathartic nonetheless.

He's got 4 IV bags working and at this time are trying to get his blood pressure up.  Currently about 90/44.  The blood clot in his lung is small and they don't seem to be concerned about it at this time...compared to the main issue at hand.  Infection is a major concern now.  They are pumping his stomach which has relieved us all.

Trauma MD said he's still bleeding from that artery, and they plan on having the discussion regarding approach (amputation) when they're able to wake him stabilized.  It's a conversation which I want no part of.  Will let his wife and brother handle that when the time comes. 

He looks good...his color seems normal.  Just heavily sedated.  And given what his past 48 hours have been, it's a blessing.

I was surprised when Jason asked me to stick around.  Was planning on being 'invisible' on the sidelines.  I don't do well in those situations but drama in that venue is not part of my makeup.  I just sit and stare through silent tears...hoping I get the chance to share a belly laugh with him as we've done since he was a little boy.

His wife did give me some good news.  The biopsy on her breast was benign, which is a huge relief for all.

So, I left and have to do a little work.  Jason asked me to be on standby for later, as his car is still in Bethesda, and he wanted to have dinner with me tonight in Baltimore.

That's it for now.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2014, 07:35:49 pm »
Thank you all very much for the words of encouragement and the needed prayers.

Got to the hospital at 9:30am and finally got to go into the room at 1:30pm for about 15 minutes.

Cliff is intubated and knocked out, so I didn't get a chance to look into his eyes.  But it was very cathartic nonetheless.

He's got 4 IV bags working and at this time are trying to get his blood pressure up.  Currently about 90/44.  The blood clot in his lung is small and they don't seem to be concerned about it at this time...compared to the main issue at hand.  Infection is a major concern now.  They are pumping his stomach which has relieved us all.

Trauma MD said he's still bleeding from that artery, and they plan on having the discussion regarding approach (amputation) when they're able to wake him stabilized.  It's a conversation which I want no part of.  Will let his wife and brother handle that when the time comes. 

He looks good...his color seems normal.  Just heavily sedated.  And given what his past 48 hours have been, it's a blessing.

I was surprised when Jason asked me to stick around.  Was planning on being 'invisible' on the sidelines.  I don't do well in those situations but drama in that venue is not part of my makeup.  I just sit and stare through silent tears...hoping I get the chance to share a belly laugh with him as we've done since he was a little boy.

His wife did give me some good news.  The biopsy on her breast was benign, which is a huge relief for all.

So, I left and have to do a little work.  Jason asked me to be on standby for later, as his car is still in Bethesda, and he wanted to have dinner with me tonight in Baltimore.

That's it for now.

Just to let you know you and yours have been not only in my prayers but thoughts as well.   

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:33 pm »
Thank you so much for the update.  Hang in there DCP... be sure to get good nourishment and rest.  Prayers continue.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:49 pm »
Thanks for the update DC...still praying...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2014, 09:26:08 pm »
Thanks for the update DC, be strong my friend.   :bighug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:21 am »
Thank you all....am so privileged to be able to have caring friends like you.  Truly amazing!

Just got off the phone with Jason....surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.  Asked what time, and Jason said, in that hospital "STC" doesn't stand for Shock Trauma Center.  It means "Subject to Change".   It depends on whether an emergency arrives that cannot wait.  It's an unbelievable hospital.  One can see whey their reputation is nationally renowned.

Asked Jason to elaborate on the "surgery", and he said they are going to do another major cleanup and determine how acute the infection is in the bone(s).  His blood pressure dropped again and he has a fever of 103.  They are giving him drugs of some kind to get the BP up...don't have the numbers.

Asked Jason if he thinks they are going to amputate and he said, "Dad if it were me, I'd let them take it.  Enough is enough!"

But again, they'll speak to Cliff about it before they do such a thing.

Glad that Jason and Rebecca are able to sleep in their own homes tonight and getting a chance at some normalcy.  Big day tomorrow....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »
These are such trying times. Prayers for the strength to get through it, DC.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2014, 08:26:33 pm »
Update:

Cliff spoke with surgeons and when they spelled it out for him, he (rather quickly) opted for them to amputate his leg.  Surgery is tomorrow.

They told him that he would never be able to walk normally and that he would be dragging "that thing" behind him for the rest of his life.  Furthermore, they told him that it has already almost killed him twice already and he would continue to be subject to possible blood clots.

What made him settle on his decision was also when they told him he would need further surgeries every few days for the next 3+ weeks...cleaning it...staving off infections, etc..  Cliff said he's been through a virtual hell and cannot stand the pain and suffering any longer.

We're all perversely happy about his decision, as it's been a terrible stress on his wife and brother, who've spent virtually all their time at the hospital, even sleeping there.  Everybody needs to get on with life.

We also know it's going to be a long haul for him...getting off the pain killers and other drug cocktails necessary to keep him sedated, and also the physical therapy.

He's a strong man.  We're all very proud of him for reconciling the situation so quickly.

Once more, thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes and for allowing me to share this ordeal with you all. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:27:02 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:43 pm »
Heart breaking news, DCP, but the right decision for your son and his young family.

Prayers continue daily for the healing process. 

God Bless him and God give him the strength in the coming days.