Author Topic: Prayers Needed.....  (Read 15038 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Prayers Needed.....
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 12:39:18 pm »
I'm so sorry you and your family have been going through such emotional and physical turmoil of late, DC. Prayers for healing for all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:24 pm »
DC- prayers for you and for Clifford.  Please get yourself some rest, keep your chin up, and know that so many of us here are thinking of you.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »
Morning DCP! Git gone - and make sure you eat something!

Hi Mark...

Just left the hospital because when I got there this morning, his brother, wife and daughter were all in the waiting area.  The docs cleared everybody out of the room because they needed to change the wound dressing...which I understand was/is very painful.  Bottom line, they had to knock him out again.

So...I still haven't looked into his eyes since Sunday.

Since I have job responsibilities, they told me to take care of my business and I'll make another attempt mid afternoon.

They said they detected a faint pulse in his foot this morning but it still is white and cold to the touch.  I guess that means he's going in the right direction.

I have and do eat a healthy diet...sort of...LOL!   You suggested Gatorade...but reading the label, the sugar content makes me nervous as I am now anything BUT the athlete I used to be as a younger man.  But hey...what the hell...since I'm losing weight (despite eating 3 meals a day), I'll deal with any elevated glucose levels another time.

Haven't tasted red meat in at least six months.  It's chicken and fish for me.  And coffee?   Sorry...not going to give up coffee. 

Thanks again for the 'inside baseball' advice on what to expect and what they're doing to him.  I relayed it to the family and they all are thankful.   :beer:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:18:16 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 03:16:28 pm »
Keeping on praying.

The pulse is good news, at least some oxygen is getting down there! Trust the surgeon - who sounds like one amazing one - and trust in Clifford's toughness. Wonder where he gets that from ....

:whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 03:22:04 pm »
Keeping on praying.

The pulse is good news, at least some oxygen is getting down there! Trust the surgeon - who sounds like one amazing one - and trust in Clifford's toughness. Wonder where he gets that from ....

:whistle:

Thanks for the smile, EC! 

Jason said that Cliff remembers every detail of the accident and that it was HIM that asked the passersby to help him stop the bleeding so he wouldn't pass out.  He's a big guy...6'2" and about 225 lbs.  And his golf drives are always over 300 yards.  LOL!

I teased Jason that now maybe he can beat him.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 03:39:57 pm »
I am late to this thread....prayers

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 03:46:47 pm »
I am late to this thread....prayers

Thanks, flowers.

Am using PMs to respond individually, but it says I've exceeded the ten message limit per hour.   LOL! 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 03:47:39 pm »
Thanks for the smile, EC! 

Jason said that Cliff remembers every detail of the accident and that it was HIM that asked the passersby to help him stop the bleeding so he wouldn't pass out.  He's a big guy...6'2" and about 225 lbs.  And his golf drives are always over 300 yards.  LOL!

I teased Jason that now maybe he can beat him.    :laugh:

That's amazing that he was aware enough to request a tourniquet.  Sounds like a strong guy and that's a big plus for him!  Keep taking care of yourself DC.

:amen:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 03:51:00 pm »
Thanks for the updates, DC.  Prayers are continuing for all of you!!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »
F'em(…)still praying to the Blessed Virgin
Hate to provide unwarranted comic relief but those were two concepts I never thought I'd see in the same paragraph!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 10:11:22 pm »
Hate to provide unwarranted comic relief but those were two concepts I never thought I'd see in the same paragraph!

LOL....she understands...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 02:12:04 am »
Finally had the opportunity to catch Cliff awake...had a nice visit with him.  And my ex-wife.

Cliff immediately says..."Wow!   It's just like old times...and I'm 4 years old!"   We all shared a belly laugh, until Cliff asked us to bring the volume level down.

Trouble was....we were whispering.

He remembers everything about the accident scene down to every detail.  He recalls seeing the woman talking on her cell phone and he said to himself..."She doesn't see me....OH NO!!!!"

They found a strong pulse on his outside ankle area, but nothing yet on the instep and toe area.  He has no feeling below the lower instep toward the big toe, yet.

But the doctor remains optimistic.  Cliff needs that too.

I brought him some Chick-Fill-A strips, but he only mustered one bite.  He falls asleep in mid sentence....30 seconds later he snores loudly and wakes himself up and continues his thought as if he didn't doze off.  He has a pain dispense where he only needs to press a button when the green light appears.

Yesterday, the nurse said he hit it 114 times!!! 

It was good to see him looking back at me with those big doe eyes!   sigh........
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:13:00 am by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 03:33:48 am »
Finally had the opportunity to catch Cliff awake...had a nice visit with him.  And my ex-wife.

Cliff immediately says..."Wow!   It's just like old times...and I'm 4 years old!"   We all shared a belly laugh, until Cliff asked us to bring the volume level down.

Trouble was....we were whispering.

He remembers everything about the accident scene down to every detail.  He recalls seeing the woman talking on her cell phone and he said to himself..."She doesn't see me....OH NO!!!!"

They found a strong pulse on his outside ankle area, but nothing yet on the instep and toe area.  He has no feeling below the lower instep toward the big toe, yet.

But the doctor remains optimistic.  Cliff needs that too.

I brought him some Chick-Fill-A strips, but he only mustered one bite.  He falls asleep in mid sentence....30 seconds later he snores loudly and wakes himself up and continues his thought as if he didn't doze off.  He has a pain dispense where he only needs to press a button when the green light appears.

Yesterday, the nurse said he hit it 114 times!!! 

It was good to see him looking back at me with those big doe eyes!   sigh........

Hang in there DC.  It's great that you got to visit with your son and have a nice conversation.  He needs to sleep now, I always heard that the body heals itself while we are sleeping - so you need to make sure you're getting enough too.  We're all your friends here and we're sending lots of prayers and positive thinking your way.   :beer:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 12:24:18 pm »
Thank you DC for the update.  Problems, but it sounds more positive.  Cliff has a pretty damned good dad!  :beer:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 02:02:35 pm »
Thank you DC for the update.  Problems, but it sounds more positive.  Cliff has a pretty damned good dad!  :beer:

Thanks, MAC!  Truly appreciate you! 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »
Hang in there DC.  It's great that you got to visit with your son and have a nice conversation.  He needs to sleep now, I always heard that the body heals itself while we are sleeping - so you need to make sure you're getting enough too.  We're all your friends here and we're sending lots of prayers and positive thinking your way.   :beer:

Thank you so much, Alice.

Was answering everyone in PMs....but went over my limit last night.  LOL!

Myst has given me the muster to do it on the thread here....so from here on, that's where I'll converse with everybody.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 06:16:57 pm »
Best to you and your family.  Hope all continues to go well.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 08:41:46 pm »
Best to you and your family.  Hope all continues to go well.

Thank you, ONC.....we seem to be headed in the right direction.  Next few days will determine a lot.  He's in a good mental state, considering.

Offline flowers

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 03:45:53 pm »
Thank you, ONC.....we seem to be headed in the right direction.  Next few days will determine a lot.  He's in a good mental state, considering.
Still praying DC!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 04:40:22 pm »
Still praying DC!

Thank you, flowers! 

Little update:  Cliff texted me last nite, inviting me to "join us for the Ravens-Steelers game".  Now....before anybody jumps on me let me explain why I didn't even respond to it.

Cliff's room is directly across the hall from the nurse's station.  The room is probably 13 X 13.  There's only enough room around the bed for 2 stiff back chairs and one for somebody to be able to sleep in...for a spouse or family member to get a little sleep.  All the rest is computer screens, monitors, etc..

I called his brother Jason and said...."you know, it's about time somebody stand up to Cliff and not only tell him NO...but HELL NO!   This isn't "Buffalo Wings and Beer".... a regional sports bar franchise.  It's Suburban/Johns Hopkins shock-freaking trauma.  Have some respect not only for the environment but also the sick people next door and down the hall."

Jason said, "Dad...I'd rather we be watching football with him rather than him in a casket...which by the Grace of God didn't happen!"

So...I dropped it.

This morning, I apologized to both of them for not coming and they both said almost word for word...."Dad, I/we had a tough evening last night and it's good you didn't come." 

Evidently, he drifted off and woke up into a full-fledged panic attack.   His teeth were chattering uncontrollably and his heart rate was 130+.  The nurse said they had a helluva time bringing it down.  Come to find out, one of his drips was not working.

Cliff is scheduled for his 1st follow up surgery tomorrow 8:30AM in an attempt to repair nerve and artery/vein damage.  He's only got the main artery and has lost the two supporting ones we all have in our lower leg below the knee.

Also, they are getting prepared for the coming infections, which they told him this morning are guaranteed to surface.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:41:29 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 05:59:49 pm »
Oh, my, DC!  Continued prayers!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »
Thanks for the update DC.  I just can't imagine what you and the family are going through.  Hang in there, and thoughts and prayers for Cliff.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline flowers

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »
Thank you, flowers! 

Little update:  Cliff texted me last nite, inviting me to "join us for the Ravens-Steelers game".  Now....before anybody jumps on me let me explain why I didn't even respond to it.

Cliff's room is directly across the hall from the nurse's station.  The room is probably 13 X 13.  There's only enough room around the bed for 2 stiff back chairs and one for somebody to be able to sleep in...for a spouse or family member to get a little sleep.  All the rest is computer screens, monitors, etc..

I called his brother Jason and said...."you know, it's about time somebody stand up to Cliff and not only tell him NO...but HELL NO!   This isn't "Buffalo Wings and Beer".... a regional sports bar franchise.  It's Suburban/Johns Hopkins shock-freaking trauma.  Have some respect not only for the environment but also the sick people next door and down the hall."

Jason said, "Dad...I'd rather we be watching football with him rather than him in a casket...which by the Grace of God didn't happen!"

So...I dropped it.

This morning, I apologized to both of them for not coming and they both said almost word for word...."Dad, I/we had a tough evening last night and it's good you didn't come." 

Evidently, he drifted off and woke up into a full-fledged panic attack.   His teeth were chattering uncontrollably and his heart rate was 130+.  The nurse said they had a helluva time bringing it down.  Come to find out, one of his drips was not working.

Cliff is scheduled for his 1st follow up surgery tomorrow 8:30AM in an attempt to repair nerve and artery/vein damage.  He's only got the main artery and has lost the two supporting ones we all have in our lower leg below the knee.

Also, they are getting prepared for the coming infections, which they told him this morning are guaranteed to surface.
thanks for the update.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 06:47:16 pm »
DCP... hang in there my friend.  Prayers continue.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »
Prayers ongoing, my friend.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink