Author Topic: Life under Isis: Captured teenage girl tells story of horrendous abuse at the hands of Islamic State militants  (Read 471 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/life-under-isis-captured-teenage-girl-tells-story-of-horrendous-abuse-at-the-hands-of-islamic-state-militants-9721746.html

ROSE TROUP BUCHANAN  Author Biography   Tuesday 09 September 2014

A Yazidi girl captured by Isis has revealed the extreme abuse she suffers as a sex slave at the hands of Islamic State (IS) extremists.

Only 17 years old, Mayat, (not her real name) was kidnapped by members of Isis on 3rd August during an offensive against Sinjar. She remains with her captors.

These men allowed Mayat, who speaks some English as she wanted to study in Europe, to talk because, “to hurt us even more, they told us to describe in detail to our parents what they are doing.”

Her parents, refugees in Kurdistan, gave their daughter’s number to a journalist from Italian paper La Repubblica.

The teenage girl begs her interviewer not to name her because: “I am ashamed of what they have done to me.

“Part of me would like to die immediately, to sink beneath the ground and say there. But another part that still hopes to be saved, and to be able to hug my parents once more.”

One of around 40 women and young girls held by the extremists in an unknown city, Mayat estimates their ages as anything from 12 to 30.

“What are they doing to me?” She says, “I am too ashamed to say, and I don’t even know how to describe my torture.”

In the interview Mayat describes how the women and girls are kept in a house under armed guards.

There are, she says, three “rooms of horror” where the women are raped, often by different men and throughout the day.

“They treat us like slaves. We are always ‘given’ to different men. Some arrive straight from Syria,” she says.

Isis has made huge territorial gains across northern Iraq and parts of Syria, capturing thousands of women and children according to an Amnesty International report last month.

“They threaten us and beat us if we try to resist. Often I wish they would beat me so hard I will die. But they are cowards even in this. None of them have the courage to end our suffering.”

Mayat says some of the youngest girls have stopped talking because of the abuse and were taken away by their captors. Many of the women have attempted to end their lives.

“Sometimes I feel as though it will never end. And if it did, my life would remain forever scarred by the torture I have suffered the past few weeks,” Mayat says. “Even if I survive, I don’t think I’ll be able to remove this horror from my mind.”

Mayat’s story contradicts previous claims from Isis which purport to show life under the Islamic State, highlighting their care of widows and children.

Earlier today the British government promised to donate guns and ammunition to Iraq to fight the insurgency.

Amid concerns of terrorism president Barack Obama has promised to address the American people tomorrow on efforts to “degrade and destroy” Isis.

Mayat finished by saying: “They have already killed my body. They are now killing my soul.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So glad to see Obama and the feminists protesting in front of any camera they can find - hashtagging until their fingertips bleed - and rolling out the arrogant celebrity public service ads about this real War on Women........oh, wait......nevermind.

**nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

If anything justifies boots on the ground in defense of the rights of others, this does.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
If anything justifies boots on the ground in defense of the rights of others, this does.

Agree.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Yep.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yep.

At the same time, for them to encourage her to speak her story..."in detail", you'd think they are begging for the United States to be drawn in with "boots on the ground".

Makes me wonder if they've set up a 'surprise' retaliation of sorts....   :shrug:

Let's not forget, they posed next to some stolen Russian Migs, promising Putin they were "coming for him".   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Could be. They do like to demoralize though - it could be an internal thing to consolidate the fear of the ordinary people in the area of them. Everything they do is a two birds with one stone approach. They have some talented strategists.

I'd say that as far as the West is concerned, they are counting on the Worm dithering around like an idiot, which is an easy victory for them to broadcast - even the Americans are frightened of us.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

At the same time, for them to encourage her to speak her story..."in detail", you'd think they are begging for the United States to be drawn in with "boots on the ground".

Makes me wonder if they've set up a 'surprise' retaliation of sorts....   :shrug:

Let's not forget, they posed next to some stolen Russian Migs, promising Putin they were "coming for him".   

Of course they want to get the US in, because they think that they'll be able to beat the US.  Ordinarily that would be false arrogance; under Obama, unfortunately, I'm not so sure, however, I think that even he might manage a good short-term a$$-kicking.