Author Topic: French imams to use pulpit against Islamic State  (Read 341 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
French imams to use pulpit against Islamic State
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:08:21 pm »
PARIS (AP) — French Muslim leaders are calling on imams to use their pulpit to weigh against the Islamic State group and offer a message of support for Christians in the Middle East.

Christians there are fleeing the militant organization by the thousands as they face a choice between converting or death.

On Tuesday, moderate Muslim leaders called on French mosques nationwide to offer prayers for endangered Christians and send a message to young people that the Islamic State group is neither Muslim nor a state.

Dalil Boubakeur, rector of Paris' principle mosque, said it was crucial to support Christians against barbarity: "We are all, no matter our religion, Christians of the Middle East."

French young people make up the largest number of European jihadis heading to fight in Syria and Iraq.

http://news.yahoo.com/french-imams-pulpit-against-islamic-state-113649148.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: French imams to use pulpit against Islamic State
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:22:54 pm »
PARIS (AP) — French Muslim leaders are calling on imams to use their pulpit to weigh against the Islamic State group and offer a message of support for Christians in the Middle East.

Christians there are fleeing the militant organization by the thousands as they face a choice between converting or death.

On Tuesday, moderate Muslim leaders called on French mosques nationwide to offer prayers for endangered Christians and send a message to young people that the Islamic State group is neither Muslim nor a state.

Dalil Boubakeur, rector of Paris' principle mosque, said it was crucial to support Christians against barbarity: "We are all, no matter our religion, Christians of the Middle East."

French young people make up the largest number of European jihadis heading to fight in Syria and Iraq.

http://news.yahoo.com/french-imams-pulpit-against-islamic-state-113649148.html

Thanks for posting this EC.  I had begun to think there were no moderate Muslims because I never hear from them.  I hope they can be effective at this. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:26:49 pm »
Thanks for posting this EC.  I had begun to think there were no moderate Muslims because I never hear from them.  I hope they can be effective at this.

They exist. Most are. Problem is, they are not newsworthy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 06:05:08 pm »
It's about time.