Author Topic: Illinois’ second largest district drops Michelle O’s menu after hummus is deemed too fatty!  (Read 1131 times)

Offline flowers

http://eagnews.org/illinois-2nd-largest-district-drops-michelle-os-menu-after-hummus-is-deemed-too-fatty/

CHICAGO – Hummus is too fatty, pretzels are too salty. Even hard-boiled eggs and yogurt don’t make the cut.

Michelle Obama shockThose restrictions and others imposed on schools through the revamped “healthier” National School Lunch Program convinced officials in Illinois’ second largest school district to forfeit nearly $1 million in federal lunch aid to serve students food they want to eat, rather than what the government tells them to, CBS reports.

“So far so good. The meals, as you’ve seen, look fantastic, and there’s a lot of excitement,” District 214 Associate Superintendent Cathy Johnson told the news station as officials recently unveiled their new menu.

The federal “healthier” school lunch overhaul, championed by First Lady Michelle Obama, has been a boondoggle for public schools across the country. The tightened restrictions, intended to combat childhood obesity, have driven more than 1 million students away from school lunches and created over $1 billion per year in food waste since they were implemented in 2012.

The drastic drop-off in lunch sales is prompting an increasing number of school districts to ditch the regulations and attached federal funding to save their floundering cafeteria programs. Just this week, two other New York school districts dropped out.

Offline mountaineer

Hummus isn't fatty, and certainly not for growing children who require some fat in their diets. But what kills me is that the Moochelle Diet is all hummus and sunflower seed butter instead of the functional equivalents with which the children already are familiar. Really, sunflower butter is that much better for them than peanut butter?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Mooch tries to eat a carrot and misses her mouth ... or did the carrot deliberately try to get away?   Hmmm....

Offline flowers

Hummus isn't fatty, and certainly not for growing children who require some fat in their diets. But what kills me is that the Moochelle Diet is all hummus and sunflower seed butter instead of the functional equivalents with which the children already are familiar. Really, sunflower butter is that much better for them than peanut butter?
Hummus is Jewish food right?

Offline mountaineer

Hummus is Jewish food right?
Not necessarily. It's middle eastern in origin - just chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, a bit of lemon and garlic blended together. It's also an acquired taste. It would be like making kids eat green olives or liver.

rangerrebew

She is living proof her diet is no good for kids.  I think you could land an F-15 on that hind end.

Offline flowers

She is living proof her diet is no good for kids.  I think you could land an F-15 on that hind end.
If the kids ate her actual died that she ate every day, I think they would be  lovin' that.   :smokin:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
If they want kids to lose weight maybe they should bring recess and PE back.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline flowers

If they want kids to lose weight maybe they should bring recess and PE back.
That blew me away when I found out they cut pe.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:45:33 pm by flowers »

Offline mountaineer

Speaking of "too fatty" ...

Front

Back

What the ... ?

More

Offline flowers

Speaking of "too fatty" ...

Front

Back

What the ... ?

More
that is a real photo  isn't it of her? good grief, who tells her hey honey that looks fabulous?