Author Topic: It's no longer safe to recline your airplane seat  (Read 852 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
It's no longer safe to recline your airplane seat
« on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:51 pm »
Scott Mayerowitz
AP via Yahoo
September 2, 2014

Squeezed into tighter and tighter spaces, airline passengers appear to be rebelling, taking their frustrations out on other fliers.

Three U.S. flights made unscheduled landings in the past eight days after passengers got into fights over the ability to recline their seats. Disputes over a tiny bit of personal space might seem petty, but for passengers whose knees are already banging into tray tables, every inch counts.
More

Offline xfreeper

Re: It's no longer safe to recline your airplane seat
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:51:14 am »
What a surprise. The airlines treat them like animals and they begin to act like animals. For the record, I consider people that put their seatbacks back rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:28 pm »
I personally detest it when the person in front reclines the seat back.  The reclining mechanism should just be removed from airline seats, period.  If you want to recline, then upgrade to first class.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »
It's a relic from a bygone era when there was actually enough room for a passenger to utilize it without assaulting the person behind them

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:06:00 pm »
It's a relic from a bygone era when there was actually enough room for a passenger to utilize it without assaulting the person behind them

Even back 35-40 years it was annoying, and even to a young kid (I flew Pan Am numerous times as a kid, all cross-Atlantic).

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:20:41 pm »
it's always been annoying but now it is injurious